Universal Love Great images from the history of the Adelaide Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

18d8b1f1b4d95bc4f34880e41d29469d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can't post it but the shot into the change rooms that showed Ricky Henderson's full carrot and two potatoes on live national TV

The night of that Fremantle game I met the love of my life and we're getting married this year, only taken us 14 years haha
Good on you both!!! Congratulations.

BTW...
She isn't a Freo fan by any chance and taken 14 years to forgive you for behaving like a bloke who's just handed out a 20 goal hiding?? 😜

The night of that Fremantle game I met the love of my life and we're getting married this year, only taken us 14 years haha

That day my wife picked out an engagement ring, and I got a long awaited PS3. Kept flicking back and forth between the PS3 and the footy because I was so keen to get stuck into the PS3 but the footy was also way too good!

Good on you both!!! Congratulations.

BTW...
She isn't a Freo fan by any chance and taken 14 years to forgive you for behaving like a bloke who's just handed out a 20 goal hiding?? 😜
Both Crows fans, he was impressed by my stats knowledge and liked the fact we both Shared a love for Porplyzia, have been members together ever since.

I was a member before with my family 1991-2005 while I went to uni we stopped going as a a family and then after meeting David we became members again in 2009.

I was at the first game against Hawthorn, I was 3 and one of my first memories was asking Dad for more Hot chips, and he said no I'm trying to watch the game, so I cried.

Both Crows fans, he was impressed by my stats knowledge and liked the fact we both Shared a love for Porplyzia, have been members together ever since.

I was a member before with my family 1991-2005 while I went to uni we stopped going as a a family and then after meeting David we became members again in 2009.

I was at the first game against Hawthorn, I was 3 and one of my first memories was asking Dad for more Hot chips, and he said no I'm trying to watch the game, so I cried.
Please accept my apologies for making an incorrect gender assumption. Poor form from me. I'm sorry I did that to you.

And about the tears because of the chips... we've all had "a first game with the kids". I still admire parents who tackle those early years at the football. And ... nearly everything else too!

Have a great day ams4crows 😊😊

And about the tears because of the chips... we've all had "a first game with the kids". I still admire parents who tackle those early years at the football. And ... nearly everything else too!

Ha that just reminded me

My folks won SANFL (or Football Park??) Memberships through a competition The Advertiser ran in 1990 - I remember we went to Norwood v Port at Football Park (Mum is Norwood, Dad a Port supporter) and there was a photographer from the Advertiser who met us there to do a story on them winning the membership and took a photo of them sitting in the crowd with their tickets with the footy behind them - my brother and I were supposed to be in the shot but my bro had chucked an absolute tantrum because he wanted a hotdog but mum said they needed to do the photo first - so my brother is on the floor under the old bench seats while the photo is taken and as a result I'm sort of lingering in the background where it kind of looks like I'm a random kid photobombing the picture - I'm sure mum was the article/photo somewhere still I'll see if I can find it haha

The membership was only 1 year and they didn't renew it because it wasn't exactly in their budget back then - pretty sure that's the reason we went to that infamous Port v Geelong trial game that preseason too - my earliest footy memory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha that just reminded me

My folks won SANFL (or Football Park??) Memberships through a competition The Advertiser ran in 1990 - I remember we went to Norwood v Port at Football Park (Mum is Norwood, Dad a Port supporter) and there was a photographer from the Advertiser who met us there to do a story on them winning the membership and took a photo of them sitting in the crowd with their tickets with the footy behind them - my brother and I were supposed to be in the shot but my bro had chucked an absolute tantrum because he wanted a hotdog but mum said they needed to do the photo first - so my brother is on the floor under the old bench seats while the photo is taken and as a result I'm sort of lingering in the background where it kind of looks like I'm a random kid photobombing the picture - I'm sure mum was the article/photo somewhere still I'll see if I can find it haha

The membership was only 1 year and they didn't renew it because it wasn't exactly in their budget back then - pretty sure that's the reason we went to that infamous Port v Geelong trial game that preseason too - my earliest footy memory
Hahaha.
Every family has one of "those" pictures in their history.😁😁😁

When did the metal seats get installed? Even in the early 90s when I started going to the footy the first half dozen rows had a yellowish tinge from rust.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
From Wikipedia…

Intended to have a capacity of around 80,000, Football Park was originally standing room only in the outer (along with the usual crush barriers) with bench seating in the main grandstand and ended up with a capacity of approximately 62,000. Bench seating was gradually added to the stadium's bowl section, and the concourse roof was finished in 1982, by which time the grounds capacity had settled to around 55,000.

and…

• In 1982 the outer concourse was completed during the SANFL season giving a limited number of permanent undercover seats for the general public. The stadium was also converted to an all-seater stadium with the installation of aluminium bench seating on the outer's lower deck which had previously been concrete terraces (the seating had already been installed in the members area which included the main grandstand). This reduced capacity at the time from 62,000 to around 55,000.

Last edited:
From Wikipedia…

Intended to have a capacity of around 80,000, Football Park was originally standing room only in the outer (along with the usual crush barriers) with bench seating in the main grandstand and ended up with a capacity of approximately 62,000. Bench seating was gradually added to the stadium's bowl section, and the concourse roof was finished in 1982, by which time the grounds capacity had settled to around 55,000.

and…

• In 1982 the outer concourse was completed during the SANFL season giving a limited number of permanent undercover seats for the general public. The stadium was also converted to an all-seater stadium with the installation of aluminium bench seating on the outer's lower deck which had previously been concrete terraces (the seating had already been installed in the members area which included the main grandstand). This reduced capacity at the time from 62,000 to around 55,000.
I remember being there in 76 when they were ushering them in around the boundary

I remember being there in 76 when they were ushering them in around the boundary
Yeah, used to love Footy Park..the half-time and aftermatch BBQs in the carpark etc.
A mate, a SANFL Player Life Member (who shall remain nameless for this story) ran a scam, where over the years the family had collected hundreds of the variously coloured Footy Park passouts. While still preparing the BBQ prior to the game, they would send the kids into the ground briefly and then get them to bring out a passout to see what colour it was that week. Once the colour was determined, passouts were handed out to our group for free entry (some left early for the aftermatch bbq, to keep the supply of passouts up) Another scam was with the carpark pass, where the same pass was used over and over again on the same day by the kids taking the pass out to the road to be collected by the next mate.
A cheap day out.

Smartymarty!
Yeah, used to love Footy Park..the half-time and aftermatch BBQs in the carpark etc.
A mate, a SANFL Player Life Member (who shall remain nameless for this story) ran a scam, where over the years the family had collected hundreds of the variously coloured Footy Park passouts. While still preparing the BBQ prior to the game, they would send the kids into the ground briefly and then get them to bring out a passout to see what colour it was that week. Once the colour was determined, passouts were handed out to our group for free entry (some left early for the aftermatch bbq, to keep the supply of passouts up) Another scam was with the carpark pass, where the same pass was used over and over again on the same day by the kids taking the pass out to the road to be collected by the next mate.
A cheap day out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back