A Swiss perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

thats not what the cas is saying at all, in fact they said it wasn't even a strand but a barely visible thread.[/QUOTE]

A "barely visible thread" is still making a connection between the 2012 performance and tb-4. It's wrong in my view.

thats not what the cas is saying at all, in fact they said it wasn't even a strand but a barely visible thread.

A "barely visible thread" is still making a connection between the 2012 performance and tb-4. It's wrong in my view.[/QUOTE]

you're jumping at shadows, it's an observation it had zero weight as evidence.

Then why say anything?[/QUOTE]
So that people who have limited comprehension skills, like many on here, can jump to all sorts of aspersions, create some myths which are high- fived, repeated and become fact.

PR at it's best, they know exactly why they're saying it.

A "barely visible thread" is still making a connection between the 2012 performance and tb-4. It's wrong in my view.

you're jumping at shadows, it's an observation it had zero weight as evidence.[/QUOTE]

It's contained in an arbitral decision by the CAS panel that put 34 men out of work for a year. It's not a long decision, a bit light on the tb-4 evidence that so persuaded the panel, for example. Yet the panel thought to include an observation that has zero weight as evidence...really

It's contained in an arbitral decision by the CAS panel that put 34 men out of work for a year. It's not a long decision, a bit light on the tb-4 evidence that so persuaded the panel, for example. Yet the panel thought to include an observation that has zero weight as evidence...really[/QUOTE]

its rejecting the wada argument that the start to the season was a strand

It's contained in an arbitral decision by the CAS panel that put 34 men out of work for a year. It's not a long decision, a bit light on the tb-4 evidence that so persuaded the panel, for example. Yet the panel thought to include an observation that has zero weight as evidence...really[/QUOTE]
I'm sure if was an error in law, the legals would be all over it in a flash.
Brett Ratten seemed to think it was true.

I'm sure if was an error in law, the legals would be all over it in a flash.
Brett Ratten seemed to think it was true.

That would be Brett Ratten, QC?[/QUOTE]
Well if you want to talk about observations.
Ratten observed, then had a fallout with his fitness coach over the size of the Essendon players.
I think he would have a way better idea than you.

Well if you want to talk about observations.
Ratten observed, then had a fallout with his fitness coach over the size of the Essendon players.
I think he would have a way better idea than you.

Sorry for not knowing that you were talking about fitness but, in your first sentence you were talking about errors of law. You then say that Brett Ratten thought that was true. If you read your post you'll see why I made the mistake that you were saying BR is a legal expert.

No contest that BR knows more about fitness than me. But I wasn't talking about fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1367427600000.jpg

Is that Brett Ratten I see?

Sorry for not knowing that you were talking about fitness but, in your first sentence you were talking about errors of law. You then say that Brett Ratten thought that was true. If you read your post you'll see why I made the mistake that you were saying BR is a legal expert.

No contest that BR knows more about fitness than me. But I wasn't talking about fitness.
So what observations are you talking about then?

Yes, The HTB should just be rebranded the anti Essendon board, possibly the ugliest posters and misfits from each board thrown together.

I don't really post on any other board . I did get huge enjoyment watching Jobe Watson tear up in Perth though. I also get movement each time I go back and read through the CAS Appeal decision thread.

It's my Happy Gilmore Happy place

So what observations are you talking about then?

Chameleon75 said, "you're jumping at shadows, it's an observation it had zero weight as evidence." And I said, in reply, "It's contained in an arbitral decision by the CAS panel that put 34 men out of work for a year. It's not a long decision, a bit light on the tb-4 evidence that so persuaded the panel, for example. Yet the panel thought to include an observation that has zero weight as evidence...really"

and that exchange stemmed from my comment that it was wrong of the CAS panel to make a connection ("a barely visible thread") between the Essendon's team performance in the first half of 2012 and tb-4 without the context of the teams' performances in 2011 and 2012 - which show that there was no connection.

Why do people keep repeating this myth? WADA and CAS used it as one of the pillars of their guilty verdict.

Go back and have a look at the 2011 (clean), 2012 ("on TB4") & 2013 (clean) seasons.
2012 - Essendon started 8-1, beating 6 bottom teams and going 2-1 against Collingwood, WCE & North who made the finals. They faded and missed the finals when their draw got a lot tougher in the 2nd half.

2013 - At round 17 Essendon were 13-3 before being booted out of the finals.

Considering the Bombers made the finals in 2011, there is nothing about their results over these 3 years that suggests the team wide use of PEDs. This isn't Lance Armstrong going from domestique to world beater overnight powering up Alpe d'Huez like he is riding a motor bike.

I'm not saying they are guilty or not, but when one of the main reasons for the guilty verdict is clearly an incorrect assumption, it does make one question everything about the verdict.
Pretty sure WADA used an array of circumstantial and analytical evidence in deciding that Danks procured and administered Thymosin Beta 4. Where does it say the Bomber's form was one of 'main reasons'?

I read it in German. It's a good article - well-written and well reasoned. It puts into perspective how outsiders view this incident and how we would view it if we had been looking at any other sport but our own. So much commentary and opinion was generated because we live in the fishbowl that is the world of AFL. In reality, it reads pretty clearly to an outsider.
I read it in German and I took it in a slightly different way to you. But that's probably because I don't speak German so I though it was more about baroque architecture. I should stress that this is only my opinion (INB4 the HTB pisses all over my views. AGAIN).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back