A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

Winning leadership by 3 votes is some endorsement. Nothing in their ranks has been resolved, other than getting rid of Turnbull. He will remain in parliament and the same split will remain.
As TBD said, the lesser of 2 evils, but if Morrison and Dutton is the best they can come up with, then they are finished, but more importantly the country is in terrible hands.
Bring on the election.

Bwahahahahaha :p !!!!! Well done Tony Abbott! Well done Peter Dutton! Political Dead Men Walking! Well done Kevin Andrews, well done Eric Abetz, well done Mathias Cormann, well done every dinosaur and troglodyte who thought we needed a reactionary dog whistling potato as our Prime Minister. Finally well done Ray Hadley, Andrew Bolt, Alan Jones and every other right wing demagogue who had been baying for an Australian Dystopia that only the truly vile could prosper in. Thank you Sky News and thank you to the Murdoch Media. You have helped wreck the Liberal Party and given all decent Australians some hope.

I'd take Morrison over Dutton every day of the week. I might not agree with much of anything with them but at least one of them is competent at a job. The damage Dutton could have done in six months was honestly keeping me up at night.

Does this mean Victorians are no longer too afraid to go out at night? Does this mean that Malcolm Fraser didn’t get migration wrong after all? Does it mean I can still get a couple of young au pairs into the country or is it too late for that?

I'd take Morrison over Dutton every day of the week. I might not agree with much of anything with them but at least one of them is competent at a job. The damage Dutton could have done in six months was honestly keeping me up at night.

I wonder how much of a glove puppet Morrison could / will be for Dutton & his pals. Turnbull was well on the way to being one. I think if Morrison loses the election Dutton will pounce again.

I wonder how much of a glove puppet Morrison could / will be for Dutton & his pals. Turnbull was well on the way to being one. I think if Morrison loses the election Dutton will pounce again.

I think there's enough internal backlash against this rubbish that they're going to have to sit down and shut up for a while before anyone will take them seriously and invite them back inside the tent.

Of course... any of them sitting down and shutting up is not very likely to happen.

Dutton will not hold his seat. On a slim margin and today has sealed his fate.

Yeah well, keep one eye open, because this prick could do some damage of his own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Kavanaugh nomination hearings, he's doing a fine impression of a empty suit of human skin.

Does he have organs? Blood? A soul?

I have no recollection of that, and I believe that's an issue for the senate and Bush presidential library.

Watching the Kavanaugh nomination hearings, he's doing a fine impression of a empty suit of human skin.

Does he have organs? Blood? A soul?

I have no recollection of that, and I believe that's an issue for the senate and Bush presidential library.

Did he really come across that badly to you? Watch him when the topic is about his little girls or coaching basketball. Seemed like a pleasant and average Joe to me then. It was during questioning that he was somewhat robotic and why wouldn't he be? Look at Whitehouse and Booker when they were questioning him, totally looking for a soundbite, particularly Booker who looks like he's prepping to announce a run for the candidacy.

Regardless, what did you really want from him? Half the court is going to be hostile and Kavanugh's a constitutional nerd that will adhere to it as much as possible and that was the vibe I got from him. Knew the law in and out and refused to be baited. I thought he came across very well. Kudos to suffering through Leahy's bullshit about CC'ed emails from 20 years ago that came across like grandpa trying to hook up to his wi-fi and Graham's two faced good ol' boy routine.

As for his his role in the Bush years it's basically as an intermediary, what the hell bearing could that possibly have on his ability to be a supreme court judge when juxtaposed with his exemplary career in law? The insistence on those documents being pertinent was ******* embarrassing stalling by a party desperate to hold out to November, most perfectly underlined by Blumental's literal begging to Grassley for a baseless adjournment and then directly to Kavanaugh himself.
I understand there would be hatred for whoever Trump nominated but this dude is legitimately the most moderate SCJ Trump could have nominated. It bemuses me that there's so many people aghast about it. But I suppose many were prepared to be enraged regardless of who it was.

stopwhoever.jpg

Did he really come across that badly to you? Watch him when the topic is about his little girls or coaching basketball. Seemed like a pleasant and average Joe to me then. It was during questioning that he was somewhat robotic and why wouldn't he be? Look at Whitehouse and Booker when they were questioning him, totally looking for a soundbite, particularly Booker who looks like he's prepping to announce a run for the candidacy.

Regardless, what did you really want from him? Half the court is going to be hostile and Kavanugh's a constitutional nerd that will adhere to it as much as possible and that was the vibe I got from him. Knew the law in and out and refused to be baited. I thought he came across very well. Kudos to suffering through Leahy's bullshit about CC'ed emails from 20 years ago that came across like grandpa trying to hook up to his wi-fi and Graham's two faced good ol' boy routine.

As for his his role in the Bush years it's basically as an intermediary, what the hell bearing could that possibly have on his ability to be a supreme court judge when juxtaposed with his exemplary career in law? The insistence on those documents being pertinent was ******* embarrassing stalling by a party desperate to hold out to November, most perfectly underlined by Blumental's literal begging to Grassley for a baseless adjournment and then directly to Kavanaugh himself.
I understand there would be hatred for whoever Trump nominated but this dude is legitimately the most moderate SCJ Trump could have nominated. It bemuses me that there's so many people aghast about it. But I suppose many were prepared to be enraged regardless of who it was.

View attachment 556653

Obama nominated a pretty moderate dude too...

So the same s**t the Dems pulled this time only again without a senate majority?
If you're going to pull bullshit tat you've got no basis for complaining about the tit.

And if your tat is denying voting rights and bodily autonomy, then frankly I'm not in much of a mood for it.

Anywho, the Republicans didn't even go through the motions, they prevented the motions. Kavanaugh's opinions on the constitutionality of programs to benefit native Hawaiians, for example, seem very pertinent given the current agenda. His opinion (constitutional or otherwise) on "poisonous" spiders, somewhat less so.

If you're going to pull bullshit tat you've got no basis for complaining about the tit.

When was I complaining about anything? Simply outlined that the same s**t the Reps pulled is the same as the Dems now. If anything it's a statement on the hubris of the Dems thinking that they'd control the House and Senate after Nov 16 otherwise I'm sure they would have pushed harder in the lead up.

And if your tat is denying voting rights and bodily autonomy, then frankly I'm not in much of a mood for it.

Listen to Kavanuagh on Roe vs Wade. He's not going to institute some ridiculous change limiting women's right to change. And even if he were he's joining 8 other people. You're giving into the hyperbole surrounding this nomination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back