A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck today Dictator Dan

dan_andrews_spine-1024x594-1.jpeg

Ooof, the once mighty John Pilger did himself a mischief here lol....

and yet, only last year.....

In a world where influence and power has zero relationship to intelligence and responsibility, Elon Musk has surely become the most dangerous man in the world.

The validation and acceptance he continues to provide to extremists and bigots and racists and white supremacists is terrifying. And all the Musk tragics lap up every word this faux leader provides. With Twitter in his back pocket, the bullshit "freedom of speech" rhetoric has reached fever pitch and some of the stuff being posted is beyond the pale.

He's basically given credibility to Kayne West saying he saw good in Hitler and the lap dog follower are out there brainlessly quoting the bible to support the view. And that's just the most recent questionable act.

Blind, unquestioning faith and adoration in any one or thing where you park your brain and common sense is dangerous. Owning a platform where you get to influence the naïve and mindless herd who think they know somebody for completely unrelated things, in the hundreds of thousands, is a recipe for disaster.

In a world where influence and power has zero relationship to intelligence and responsibility, Elon Musk has surely become the most dangerous man in the world.

The validation and acceptance he continues to provide to extremists and bigots and racists and white supremacists is terrifying. And all the Musk tragics lap up every word this faux leader provides. With Twitter in his back pocket, the bullshit "freedom of speech" rhetoric has reached fever pitch and some of the stuff being posted is beyond the pale.

He's basically given credibility to Kayne West saying he saw good in Hitler and the lap dog follower are out there brainlessly quoting the bible to support the view. And that's just the most recent questionable act.

Blind, unquestioning faith and adoration in any one or thing where you park your brain and common sense is dangerous. Owning a platform where you get to influence the naïve and mindless herd who think they know somebody for completely unrelated things, in the hundreds of thousands, is a recipe for disaster.
Controlling who gets to influence the naive and mindless herd was more dangerous than whatever is going on there now. I've never had and never will go on there

Twitter is like anything else - a tool.

And like any interwebz comms, thinking it is free or with acceptable moderation is a modern fallacy ahaha.

As for Muppet in charge, he will be a victim of his own success, if he isn't already. Stephen King once wrote the line 's**t-eating grin' and if that doesn't describe his vibe, I'm not here. His smile is a sneer, at himself and the world he inhabits. He alternates confusion with vision, creating a mystery, and that's exactly the sort of vibe he yearns for - the listener believing he has something to say, something hidden, a jewel of knowledge or nugget of deep wisdom......when in truth, he's a conman. If wealthy mofo's wanna chuck cash at him, yeah fine, whatever - my advice would be to learn to craft blankets from the dollar bills, or use them as fuel for a warm fire....won't be long before you'll be wanting one or both of those, regardless of the Muppet's vision.

If he wants to pay for a platform for me to babble my s**t, go ya hardest mate - when it ceases being useful or is superceded, I'm off :D

The biggest issue for me now is the credibility he gives to arseholes. It's never been more easy to find like minded fools to confirm that your twisted view of the world is right. At least before there was an attempt to moderate... now it's no holds barred. Twitter is a massive and powerful tool in the wrong hands - owners and users.

The only hope, and it's probably a real possibility, is that he'll get sick of trying to service the monumental debt it holds over him. Like most things he mixed up his ego and his ability and now has to live with it.

I just don't understand how bankrupt idiots who live of their Daddy's money seem to inherit the earth. No wonder they stick together...

The biggest issue for me now is the credibility he gives to arseholes. It's never been more easy to find like minded fools to confirm that your twisted view of the world is right. At least before there was an attempt to moderate... now it's no holds barred. Twitter is a massive and powerful tool in the wrong hands - owners and users.

The only hope, and it's probably a real possibility, is that he'll get sick of trying to service the monumental debt it holds over him. Like most things he mixed up his ego and his ability and now has to live with it.

I just don't understand how bankrupt idiots who live of their Daddy's money seem to inherit the earth. No wonder they stick together...
I like him and I think its great that he bought it and kicked out all the woke who think its their right to tell everyone else how to live and raise their own kids, and think its hilarious how upset everyone is

I like him and I think its great that he bought it and kicked out all the woke who think its their right to tell everyone else how to live and raise their own kids, and think its hilarious how upset everyone is

Oh look, the outrage over Musk, Twitter, Trump etc is ridiculous. 90% of Twitter is just rubbish - if you don't wanna hear about it, remove it, simples :p

Some dudes wanna peddle their trash, go for it, it makes zero impact on me.

It's a place for the desperately bored to get their fix of whatever form they want their reality to take....nothing more or less :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Social media is the online version of scribbling on the back of a public toilet door. Twitter is the prime example.

Absolutely hilarious to see the crazy lefties getting all upset at Elon that the crazy right stuff no longer gets deleted.

Was so much better when just crazy leftie stuff was allowed wasn't it? Democracy dies in the darkness after all..

I dunno, I don't take anything onboard about someone's politics based of anything written or Twitter - anyone can be anything, it means nothing. Like any other information source, if something interests you, go research it beyond a ******* tweet lol. If something doesn't interest you, remove it from your feed. And if you just want to mindlessly tweet s**t "for the lolz", go for it. It's the ******* internet FFS.

I enjoy some of the content, that's it. No different to anything else on the internet. It's a useful gauge of the breadth of opinion on some subjects of interest. But I don't politicise what I read - it stands or falls on what is stated, not on what I "think" about it.

I have no idea why people, both left and right, seem to want validation on the platform. "lefties this and righties that"....it's utterly puerile lol. And increasingly meaningless.

Social media is the online version of scribbling on the back of a public toilet door. Twitter is the prime example.

Absolutely hilarious to see the crazy lefties getting all upset at Elon that the crazy right stuff no longer gets deleted.

Was so much better when just crazy leftie stuff was allowed wasn't it? Democracy dies in the darkness after all..
there is a fundamental difference between a far left individual wanting to abolish private property and redistribute wealth and a far right individual who is posting swastikas and praising genocidal dictators

i do not believe the latter individual should be given a platform and i find the equating of far left and far right politics by some as incredibly tiresome

there is a fundamental difference between a far left individual wanting to abolish private property and redistribute wealth and a far right individual who is posting swastikas and praising genocidal dictators

i do not believe the latter individual should be given a platform and i find the equating of far left and far right politics by some as incredibly tiresome
He's (kanye) unhinged and everyone can see it. The left have made these platforms places where you can't even say happy international men's day anymore and thank God Elon put an end to it

Last edited:
He's (kanye) unhinged and everyone can see it.
And yet he keeps getting invited to have a platform by plenty, so no I don't think everyone can see it.
The left have made these platforms places where you can't even say happy international men's day anymore and thank God Elon put an end to it
Really? Colour me incredibly sceptical if not thinking it's an outright lie by someone.

Twitter was a shithole before and after Elon took it over but they were doing * all about anything short of outright incitement of violence in the first place. Now they're just doing * all, period.

And yet he keeps getting invited to have a platform by plenty, so no I don't think everyone can see it.

Really? Colour me incredibly sceptical if not thinking it's an outright lie by someone.

Twitter was a shithole before and after Elon took it over but they were doing * all about anything short of outright incitement of violence in the first place. Now they're just doing * all, period.
I would guess that people who are still getting Kanye on to whatever they are doing is just for likes and views. There is murky ethical standards these days so they can get away with it. But the people who watch, like or talk about what he says I would also guess would be laughed at or ostracized if they tried to talk about it in the real world.

I bring up the International Mens Day as an example because recently I saw organisations try to promote a post on other platforms saying happy international mens day, grateful for men, and they disabled the comments and de-promote it on their platforms because it leads to conversations which don't accept the new gender theory which is promoted. I should have just said they have made these places where you couldn't say anything that didn't conform to the new gender theory because it didn't meet "community standards".

Last edited:
Twitter was always a cesspool. And people on both spectrums were regularly banned for saying things. The right wing people just never payed attention that left wing people got banned.

Since Elon took over, it has become even more of a cesspool. Unbanning QAnon people and other far right nutters was not a genius move. It really is no surprise that advertisers have left twitter in droves. Who would want to advertise on a platform that promotes that kind of hate speech.

It's been fun watching the world realise that Elon was not the genius he presented himself as though

Twitter was always a cesspool. And people on both spectrums were regularly banned for saying things. The right wing people just never payed attention that left wing people got banned.

Since Elon took over, it has become even more of a cesspool. Unbanning QAnon people and other far right nutters was not a genius move. It really is no surprise that advertisers have left twitter in droves. Who would want to advertise on a platform that promotes that kind of hate speech.

It's been fun watching the world realise that Elon was not the genius he presented himself as though
Let's see how it ages, he's no fool

I bring up the International Mens Day as an example because recently I saw organisations try to promote a post on other platforms saying happy international mens day, grateful for men, and they disabled the comments and de-promote it on their platforms because it leads to conversations which don't accept the new gender theory which is promoted. I should have just said they have made these places where you couldn't say anything that didn't conform to the new gender theory because it didn't meet "community standards".
So... not Twitter, the platform we were discussing? My scepticism pays off.

If we're going to link in random other instances, might as well name names - which platform and organizations? After all shouldn't we all be aware of where these shenanigans happen?

So... not Twitter, the platform we were discussing? My scepticism pays off.

If we're going to link in random other instances, might as well name names - which platform and organizations? After all shouldn't we all be aware of where these shenanigans happen?
On this very page I said I never have and never will go on there. Noone else has had an issue with me having my two cents worth despite this qualification which I gave.

There aren't many other platforms, go on any one of them right now and say im proud to be a real actual man and you wont even make it past the bot keeper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back