Not-a-cluey Aaron Naughton

Remove this Banner Ad

Great idea. I will base all recruitment decisions on a 1 game sample.
Not sure what’s so low IQ about losing your teams mean goal kicker and gaining a ruck/midfielder but hey , you do you .

For the record I’m excited about Jacksons potential but out forward line without Lobb is concerning

Great idea. I will base all recruitment decisions on a 1 game sample.
Ahh Freo - and I thought it was just their list managers that spent the last 28 years making bad decisions - turns out their supporters have no idea either.

Jackson would be the number one target of pretty much every team in the competition if they could poach one player to build around, but Freo fans want some bloke that wouldn't be in the top 100. Classic Freo.

Trent Croad, Chris Groom, Tony Delaney, Todd Ridley.

Maybe it's time for Freo supporters to sit this discussion out.

Ahh Freo - and I thought it was just their list managers that spent the last 28 years making bad decisions - turns out their supporters have no idea either.

Jackson would be the number one target of pretty much every team in the competition if they could poach one player to build around, but Freo fans want some bloke that wouldn't be in the top 100. Classic Freo.

Jackson has potential but right now that means nothing. Naughton is a gun right now and a strong contested marking forward which is what Freo need. Darcy is what 24 and coming off a F&B.

Melbourne supporters now experts on everything despite all those years being the biggest pretenders in the comp. shall we run through some Demon recruiting fails?

You get that many top five picks for long enough and an AFL assistance package of Paul Roos, were bound to get a couple right eventually.

Last edited:
Jackson has potential but right now that means nothing. Naughton is a gun right now and a strong contested marking forward which is what Freo need. Darcy is what 24 and coming off a F&B.

Melbourne supporters now experts on everything despite all those years being the biggest pretenders in the comp. shall we run through some Demon recruiting fails?

You get that many top five picks for long enough and an AFL assistance package of Paul Roos, were bound to get a couple right eventually.
Melbourne has a terrible record of wasting picks - Scully and Trengove over Martin being the worst. Jordan Gysberts was just plain bizarre. Let me know if you want a hand running through the rest of them, I have no problem being realistic about AFL and the club I support. I've never understood the nuffie approach of blind support against logic.

Now back on topic - If you honestly would prefer your club keep or trade for an ok player over a likely superstar there is no help for you. Enjoy more decades of mediocrity.

Last edited:
I suspect Naughton can see his career being shortened dramatically everytime he gets injured and Bevo sends him back out there.

Also High leaping players do their knees more often than not....I feel Naughton needs to be able to be more selective about what he jumps for .....at the the moment he has to go for everything...even when carrying a knock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you spare us a 25?
Most teams would kill for Jackson your right!
But we have hodor just turned 24 twice 22 under 22 and a bnf winner to boot.
Can you please list all the 23 year old ruckman that have won a bnf and then please read over it a few times!
Thankyou
And please don’t mention Jackson’s fwd credentials you will embarrass yourself.

Just did some research for you the only ruckman that has won a bnf before 25 is Shaun rehn a dual premiership dual all Australian and the cows best ever ruck.
Cox Sandilands Stynes all won one after 25.
So Darcy is tracking well
can you explain to me your thinking as to why freo should sell the farm for a ruck with limited fwd craft over a 40+ goal kicking tall which we haven’t had for 8 years?

Just did some research for you the only ruckman that has won a bnf before 25 is Shaun rehn a dual premiership dual all Australian and the cows best ever ruck.
Cox Sandilands Stynes all won one after 25.
So Darcy is tracking well
can you explain to me your thinking as to why freo should sell the farm for a ruck with limited fwd craft over a 40+ goal kicking tall which we haven’t had for 8 years?

Brodie Grundy was 24 when he won the Copeland in 2018…

Edit: Stynes won one at 24 as well.

Other ruckman to have done it before 25 from that era on are Scott Wynd (21), Mathew Clarke (23), Matthew Allan (23), Steven King (21+23), Adam Goodes (22), Blicavs (23), Reilly O'Brien (24)...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back