ABD retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a good, strong player and a good, strong Christian, whose brilliance with the bat aligned with his connection to the above. He mentioned that the almighty spoke to him after that series win in Australia and you could feel the spirit manifest within him, he was gifted new abilities and the shots he began playing after that were the presence of the Lord guiding his hand. Those blitzkrieg centuries against the WIndies will be my prevailing memory of ABD; some said he entered God-mode those days, I smiled and replied 'Yes. He did.' Praying that he does sign with a big bash team, I would love to see him bless some of those pricks with reverse ramp sixes.

Last edited:
As a cricket fan this is sad. Bowlers around the world will be saying 'good riddance'. He made batting look easy when he was on. If i were to be critical, I'd say that he had the talent to finish with close to, if not more than 30 centuries. I reckon he left two on the field against Australia earlier this year for instance. I'd love to see him play in the BBL, preferably for the Brisbane Heat.

Saw this on fb

AB de Villiers was shortlisted for South Africa's junior national hockey and football team, captain of South Africa's junior national rugby team, holds six South African school swimming records and the fastest 100m time in South Africa's junior athletics. He was also U19 national badminton champion, a member of South Africa's junior Davis Cup tennis team and received a medal from Nelson Mandela for a science project. He scored 20,014 runs in international cricket with 47 centuries and 109 fifties, and holds the record for the world's fastest ODI 50, 100 and 150, and the fastest Test century ever by a South African. He also has a golf handicap of scratch.
Is pretty handy on the guiter too by all accounts , isn’t it unfair that some people are just good at everything ?

My favourite player to watch
Makes batting look so easy whether like it’s free flowing scoring or even digging in

Saw him hit an inside out square drive for 6 off legstump once , just has incredible ability and his average especially at test level I don’t think illustrates just how good he is

Big loss to the game in the longer form in particular

If I had to pick one enduring memory of him, it would be when Cummins was thundering in during the recent series, and he nonchalantly cut him over cover for 6. It was a shot that shouldn’t have been possible

Saw this on fb

AB de Villiers was shortlisted for South Africa's junior national hockey and football team, captain of South Africa's junior national rugby team, holds six South African school swimming records and the fastest 100m time in South Africa's junior athletics. He was also U19 national badminton champion, a member of South Africa's junior Davis Cup tennis team and received a medal from Nelson Mandela for a science project. He scored 20,014 runs in international cricket with 47 centuries and 109 fifties, and holds the record for the world's fastest ODI 50, 100 and 150, and the fastest Test century ever by a South African. He also has a golf handicap of scratch.

Is pretty handy on the guiter too by all accounts , isn’t it unfair that some people are just good at everything ?

Yeah, nah. He came out and said nearly all of these aren't true.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...s/news-story/e72d640ccccb35b579128cd147ecaa4d

Remove this Banner Ad

Back