Remove this Banner Ad

If they can't find Cleo, it's only a matter of time before mother and stepfather (I think) are separated and questioned for possible involvement.

My first thought would be to contact everyone in the site's book of visitors for that night and anyone that left before 6am would be chased down.

The thing that gets me is that two out of the three scenarios leave the same question: how does Cleo leave the tent without anyone noticing?

If she left on her own, how does a 4 year old get out of that tent, taking her sleeping bag with her, without someone noticing? Is this the sort of tent that someone could leave and/or re-enter without it being obvious? Are the parents heavy sleepers? I haven't heard any details come out about someone hearing something at like 4am and assuming it was just someone else going to the bathroom.

If someone took her, how do you take a 4 year old + sleeping bag without alerting the parents? Seems very risky for a predator to have seen a child, noted where the child's tent was, enter the tent to take the child (knowing that you have to do it without waking the parents who are right there), grab child and sleeping bag without a struggle/child screaming etc., get them into your car and drive off. More details may come out but so far we haven't heard of any witnesses hearing car doors slamming or cars driving off in the middle of the night that might suggest someone leaving in a hurry.

Sadly, there is a third scenario that doesn't require the parents not noticing because the parents themselves have knowledge. That solves the most puzzling aspect but I don't want to suggest that as a serious scenario without more concrete evidence as that just feels scummy while the search is ongoing.

Hopefully police enquiries can get some valuable information that might suggest a likely scenario. The search for the boy down south was similarly clouded with a lot of speculation thanks to conflicting information given by the media. I'm glad in this case they're being a lot more careful with what information they reveal

The thing that gets me is that two out of the three scenarios leave the same question: how does Cleo leave the tent without anyone noticing?

If she left on her own, how does a 4 year old get out of that tent, taking her sleeping bag with her, without someone noticing? Is this the sort of tent that someone could leave and/or re-enter without it being obvious? Are the parents heavy sleepers? I haven't heard any details come out about someone hearing something at like 4am and assuming it was just someone else going to the bathroom.

If someone took her, how do you take a 4 year old + sleeping bag without alerting the parents? Seems very risky for a predator to have seen a child, noted where the child's tent was, enter the tent to take the child (knowing that you have to do it without waking the parents who are right there), grab child and sleeping bag without a struggle/child screaming etc., get them into your car and drive off. More details may come out but so far we haven't heard of any witnesses hearing car doors slamming or cars driving off in the middle of the night that might suggest someone leaving in a hurry.

Sadly, there is a third scenario that doesn't require the parents not noticing because the parents themselves have knowledge. That solves the most puzzling aspect but I don't want to suggest that as a serious scenario without more concrete evidence as that just feels scummy while the search is ongoing.

Hopefully police enquiries can get some valuable information that might suggest a likely scenario. The search for the boy down south was similarly clouded with a lot of speculation thanks to conflicting information given by the media. I'm glad in this case they're being a lot more careful with what information they reveal

The responsible adults in the vicinity might have been heavily inebriated if the last time she was seen was between one and two AM.

My first thought would be to contact everyone in the site's book of visitors for that night and anyone that left before 6am would be chased down.
They closed the camp and booted everyone out.
Took everyones name and rego
Was meant to go there yesterday,mate had a shack organised,he got a call early Saturday morning from an SES mate saying give it a miss.
I live around the corner from the family.
Weird vibe town.

Maybe more than the sleeping bag is missing and indications they may be looking for an abductor.

"It's been reported that there is a sleeping bag missing. Other than that, I really am not at liberty at this point to divulge what else we believe may be missing.

"We're just trying to paint a picture of who was around here during the window of opportunity."

The press is pointing to this as their campsite, it looks like a fairly big tent.

View attachment 1262488
You couldn't use small tents up north because the weather is way too hot. I see from the pic, exactly what I expected to see, a walk in walk out tent.
Scoop up kid whilst she is still asleep, sleeping bag and all, wouldn't be that hard.

After all, What parent hasn't put a little one that crawled into the parents bed back in their own bed without disturbing their partner? My wife would sleep through a plane crash in the backyard.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

You couldn't use small tents up north because the weather is way too hot. I see from the pic, exactly what I expected to see, a walk in walk out tent.
Scoop up kid whilst she is still asleep, sleeping bag and all, wouldn't be that hard.

After all, What parent hasn't put a little one that crawled into the parents bed back in their own bed without disturbing their partner? My wife would sleep through a plane crash in the backyard.

Have you or anybody seen a number of how many people were staying on that camp site? It doesn't look like anybody could drive in middle of the night without either being heard or seen.

Have you or anybody seen a number of how many people were staying on that camp site? It doesn't look like anybody could drive in middle of the night without either being heard or seen.
Google earth seems to suggest that each camp-site is fairly distant from the next, so there'd be no other campers nearby. Each camp-site has a long pit toilet and a fire pit, but you have to bring everything, even fire wood, as well as water. The website backs up what I'm seeing in Google earth.

Quobba Station

Google earth seems to suggest that each camp-site is fairly distant from the next, so there'd be no other campers nearby. Each camp-site has a long pit toilet and a fire pit, but you have to bring everything, even fire wood, as well as water. The website backs up what I'm seeing in Google earth.

Quobba Station

I'd thought the Blowholes Shacks was separate to Quobba Station campsite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, don't think Quobba Station is the same place as the Quobba Blowholes camp site

I found a youtube video of a family who camped at the Blowholes and he's standing at the lighthouse pointing one direction to Quobba Station and completely the other to the Blowholes campsite. I think the lighthouse is in the middle. He's describing the Blowholes campsite as a great big carpark where people just find a spot wherever they can and it costs $11 per night.

Was meant to go there yesterday,mate had a shack organised,he got a call early Saturday morning from an SES mate saying give it a miss.
Weird vibe town.

Have you camped at the Blowholes before? Does it get real busy with campers coming and going?

Weird vibe town.
I have never been here so correct me if I am wrong. This is the place most West Aussies know as 'Quobba' ? Great fishing? IIRC my friends husband goes up there every year for a fishing trip with a group of mates and there are usually other groups of men there through the fishing season. A very popular fishing spot? The camping area is near The Aquarium, a safe swimming area and the blow holes, another very popular tourist spot is about 1 km north along the coast?
So would it be quite a hike for a small child to walk up to the blow holes? More likely to have gone near/into the ocean directly near the camp site? Or have gone in the other direction into the bush, which is covered in quite low growing bushes, no trees and very sandy.
I would think if she hasn't wandered down to the ocean, she would be quite easily seen in the sparse low lying bushes.
I'm thinking she may have woke in the night and not remembered where she was, dragging her ' sleeping bag (blankey?) with her. Some one may have seen her and taken her, if the sleeping bag has not been found nearby. A random abduction?
Unfortunately the early searching going on, may have destroyed any foot prints and she may be hard to track if walking.
I'm praying she is found safe soon.

I'd thought the Blowholes Shacks was separate to Quobba Station campsite
Camp-site should be plural. They look to be spaced out a fair bit.. There's only 15 camp-sites at red bluff for instance spanning 60km. I suppose this means that the nearest neighbour is a couple of kilometres away.
Everything appears to be run by Quobba Station who owns the land.

Google reviews are "interesting". Seems like everyone prefers the female caretaker over the male. Maybe he just got a bad review because he had a bad night's sleep?

I found a youtube video of a family who camped at the Blowholes and he's standing at the lighthouse pointing one direction to Quobba Station and completely the other to the Blowholes campsite. I think the lighthouse is in the middle. He's describing the Blowholes campsite as a great big carpark where people just find a spot wherever they can and it costs $11 per night.

Found another video.
Do we know which camp-site the missing child was staying at?
The first video, which you found, showed camping at a "carpark" near the bowholes which must be outside of the Quobba Station boundary I suppose.
The second video, which I found, showed the videographer camping in secluded single reserved camp-sites, which the Quobba website suggests are all there is.
I assume that if she disappeared from the "carpark", then there would've been other campers nearby as well as anybody else just visiting the blowholes for the day and other travellers passing through checking out the blowholes. Could she of just woken up and wandered into someone's caravan before they left? If so, I hope that they check their van when they get home, and not just park it up till the next holiday

Last edited:
I have never been here so correct me if I am wrong. This is the place most West Aussies know as 'Quobba' ? Great fishing? IIRC my friends husband goes up there every year for a fishing trip with a group of mates and there are usually other groups of men there through the fishing season. A very popular fishing spot? The camping area is near The Aquarium, a safe swimming area and the blow holes, another very popular tourist spot is about 1 km north along the coast?
So would it be quite a hike for a small child to walk up to the blow holes? More likely to have gone near/into the ocean directly near the camp site? Or have gone in the other direction into the bush, which is covered in quite low growing bushes, no trees and very sandy.
I would think if she hasn't wandered down to the ocean, she would be quite easily seen in the sparse low lying bushes.
I'm thinking she may have woke in the night and not remembered where she was, dragging her ' sleeping bag (blankey?) with her. Some one may have seen her and taken her, if the sleeping bag has not been found nearby. A random abduction?
Unfortunately the early searching going on, may have destroyed any foot prints and she may be hard to track if walking.
I'm praying she is found safe soon.
Good fishing and diving,it's maybe 10 minute walk from campsite to Blowholes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back