ablett gifted status

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett gifted status is strongly supported by the umps
in the first 5 mins whilst we were under the pump ablett was on his knees twice and dragged the ball in then tackled with the ball held to him
wtf no free kick
critical ump mistake
then the gift slight push after a ball up decision
those decisions allow gc to pressure us incredibly, let alone the 4th quarter decisions

nmfc is in a good place considering our draft positions
we have advanced from last year ,dal santo is a huge win.
next year as always take youth in the draft .don't chase another nahas only take recycled that definitely improve our team.mason wood will be our third tall its only a matter of time.
As hard as it will be we should delist a number of list cloggers/ depth players to find talent and should have delisted more this year.

We were significantly outplayed but thought we got a number of decisions go against us too. Three I can think of resulted in goals at critical times...

1) Petrie being slung without the footy on half forward in the second quarter. Had to either be dropping the ball or holding the man, but neither was paid.

2) A contest across half back where a Suns player jumped early and into the back of his opponent. neither player touched the ball which went over the back, but it was deemed play on and not an infringement/unrealistic attempt. Would have been second or third quarter.

3) Last quarter, a Suns player took a mark in front of goal and then stepped off his line before stopping. The umpire correctly called play on and he was tackle, but it was then called a ball up instead of holding the ball (is taking a mark not considered prior?). Ablett ended up getting one of his goals while the ball was trapped down there.

Again didn't impact the result but added to the feeling that it really wasn't our afternoon.

Maybe Gazza is looked after by the umps but I strongly remember the same treatment afforded Keith Greig. Both extremely fair and brilliant players. Beats the crap out of me why we were booing him.

Sent from my waffle machine using Tapatalk.

Perceived good guys always get a 'fairer' run. Juddy has for years despite the bizarre nature of his reportable offences. Whether it is a fraction of a second longer to dispose of the ball or a mark that is paid when it's not quite held long enough. Reputations count and the umpiring reinforces it, unfortunately the players we have whose reputation precedes them most in this way are Ziebs and LT, neither in a good way.

there are many times when affronted by a decision when the replay button is pushed I have to be embarrassed and admit the ump got it right
I have issues when clear decisions (when checked on the replay ) cause teams to get run ons
2 drag ins in front of the ump ////// ?????

He is the last bloke in the league that needs favouritism yet undoubtedly gets it. The dragging it in, the 360 before disposing of it, the softer than netball contact. I find it exceptionally frustrating to watch and certainly leaves me with no empathy toward him when the taggers take it to far.

Maybe Gazza is looked after by the umps but I strongly remember the same treatment afforded Keith Greig. Both extremely fair and brilliant players. Beats the crap out of me why we were booing him.

Boooooomer,

Perceived good guys always get a 'fairer' run. Juddy has for years despite the bizarre nature of his reportable offences. Whether it is a fraction of a second longer to dispose of the ball or a mark that is paid when it's not quite held long enough. Reputations count and the umpiring reinforces it, unfortunately the players we have whose reputation precedes them most in this way are Ziebs and LT, neither in a good way.

I look at it this way there are 3 categories of players as perceived by umpires, the first and biggest group are the ordinary 'Blue Collar' players who get treated pretty evenly across the comp by all umpires; the second and smallest group are the 'Marsupials' these players are the protected species that frequently get preferential treatment from umpires and include players such as Abblett, Judd, Selwood; the third group which is bigger than the 'Marsupials' and growing are the 'Asylum Seekers', this group includes LT, JZ they have no rights in the eyes of most umpires and are fair game for being mistreated on the field for example LT's waist apparently begins at his neck. When you think about how players are generally treated by umpires under these three categories Blue Collar, Marsupial and Asylum Seekers you can start to make your own lists and anticipate with a high degree of accuracy how the umpiring will play out in games where there is a higher proportion of either Marsupials or Asylum Seekers. :thumbsu:

Your right very disappointing

Gazza's dad given mark of the year for that high flying... ummm... well I can't really call it a grab because he just touched it with one hand and then the ball bounced on him on the way down and then rolled free. Worst case of gifting from the fan boys.

We were significantly outplayed but thought we got a number of decisions go against us too. Three I can think of resulted in goals at critical times...

1) Petrie being slung without the footy on half forward in the second quarter. Had to either be dropping the ball or holding the man, but neither was paid.

2) A contest across half back where a Suns player jumped early and into the back of his opponent. neither player touched the ball which went over the back, but it was deemed play on and not an infringement/unrealistic attempt. Would have been second or third quarter.

3) Last quarter, a Suns player took a mark in front of goal and then stepped off his line before stopping. The umpire correctly called play on and he was tackle, but it was then called a ball up instead of holding the ball (is taking a mark not considered prior?). Ablett ended up getting one of his goals while the ball was trapped down there.

Again didn't impact the result but added to the feeling that it really wasn't our afternoon.

You forgot the Abblet shepherd call where he ran into Levi and was never going to mark the ball, but the umpire decided he was kept out of the contest WTF?!?!!?

And probably the worst one for me was the Charlie Dixon free against Firitto just before 3/4 quarter time, where Firrito was clearly contesting the ball and the rubbed shoulders, and it was called shepherding as well ...double WTF?!?!?! That was a huge momentum killer just before the 3/4 time break which gave them a bit of breathing room.

Don't get me wrong we played crap, but they were also gifted free kicks and goals at stages of the game, that released any pressure they were under. it seemed everytime Gold Coast were under the pump the umpire would pay a free kick.

The frees to Dixon & Ablett for alleged shepherding in the marking contest were especially annoying because there were 3 or 4 occasions when a Suns player took an opponent out of the marking contest by jumping into his back, but got nowhere near the ball, ie unrealistic attempt at marking. One of these led directly to an Ablett goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look at it this way there are 3 categories of players as perceived by umpires, the first and biggest group are the ordinary 'Blue Collar' players who get treated pretty evenly across the comp by all umpires; the second and smallest group are the 'Marsupials' these players are the protected species that frequently get preferential treatment from umpires and include players such as Abblett, Judd, Selwood; the third group which is bigger than the 'Marsupials' and growing are the 'Asylum Seekers', this group includes LT, JZ they have no rights in the eyes of most umpires and are fair game for being mistreated on the field for example LT's waist apparently begins at his neck. When you think about how players are generally treated by umpires under these three categories Blue Collar, Marsupial and Asylum Seekers you can start to make your own lists and anticipate with a high degree of accuracy how the umpiring will play out in games where there is a higher proportion of either Marsupials or Asylum Seekers. :thumbsu:

You have hit the nail on the head- the umpires are down right cheats.
The LTs and Ziebs of this world wouldn't of gotten one of those frees Gaz got- FFS treat all players the same way.

To me ablett get angry when someone has the gall to tackle him- how dare you he thinks.

You have hit the nail on the head- the umpires are down right cheats.
The LTs and Ziebs of this world wouldn't of gotten one of those frees Gaz got- FFS treat all players the same way.

To me ablett get angry when someone has the gall to tackle him- how dare you he thinks.
Gazza was also pissed off when he pushed someone in the back, causing their kick to go out on the full. He scuttled over to grab the free, then was genuinely astonished to find the ump had paid in the back. To think they could actually dare to pay one against him!!!!

The sooner the NMFC capture and crucify an umpire upside down pre match as a warning to other umpires to adjudicate fairly during NMFC games the better. :stern look

I propose Umpire Overlands be our first victim to warn those prancing ponces that don that off lime green s**t to not mess with the Mighty NMFC. :stern look

Gazza was also pissed off when he pushed someone in the back, causing their kick to go out on the full. He scuttled over to grab the free, then was genuinely astonished to find the ump had paid in the back. To think they could actually dare to pay one against him!!!!

Ablett needs to be smashed physically and mentally by the whole team next time we play them.

He can handle one player doing it but can he handle the whole team bumping him at every opportunity.

We play to nice and its all Bons fault.

image.php

Ablett needs to be smashed physically and mentally by the whole team next time we play them.

He can handle one player doing it but can he handle the whole team bumping him at every opportunity.

We play to nice and its all Bons fault.

You don't get to be arguably the greatest midfielder ever by not being able to handle a bit of physicality.

We focused so much on Ablett that Prestia was clearly the most influential mid on the ground through three quarters, and given they also have O'Meara in there it's a bit of a risk to get everyone focused on Ablett.

Last edited:
You blokes trying to blame the umpires have rocks in ya head.

If we were 1st to the ball or had it we would have got those decisions.

Our old slow blokes were tripe and we got smashed. Simple as that !!!

Agree with the sentiment, but geez it's frustrating anyway.......

I doubt anyone is blaming the umps for a 7-goal loss. Just stating it's frustrating to watch when they apply different rules to different players ; or ignore a blatant infringement in a marking contest, only to pluck one out where a slow-mo replay still doesn't show any clear infringement.

The sooner the NMFC capture and crucify an umpire upside down pre match as a warning to other umpires to adjudicate fairly during NMFC games the better. :stern look

I propose Umpire Overlands be our first victim to warn those prancing ponces that don that off lime green s**t to not mess with the Mighty NMFC. :stern look

Seems like a perfectly reasonable proposal to me.

Make it happen, Euge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back