Absolute Class

Remove this Banner Ad

The Zebra

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Jun 29, 2004
Hung Like a Horse
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He has had some press conference stumbles along the way, but he certainly saved the best til last.

That was an exit for the ages. Spoke beautifully, honestly, built up the club, never showed resentment and forecast a very bright future.

That last line about being excited as member of the North Melbourne Football Club was perfect.

Brilliant work. And JB handled everything as a president should, showing great respect for the man.

Can't imagine an exit like this going an better.

Well done all.

Kudos to Dean and JB

Absolutely outstanding performance at presser.
Dean's line about being excited "as a North member" a very nice touch at the end.
Compare that to the shambles that was Richmond a few weeks ago.
Learn anything Caro?

Heath O'Loughlin, take a bow.

The work you have done at the club with Laidley just paid massive dividends.

JB & Laidley just gave the perfect example of how you have a respectful, dignified press conference for an outgoing coach.

Sensational.

Outstanding effort from all of them, but Dean should be proud of himself.
Fantastic performance.

Good stuff Dean, :thumbsu:

Hopefully he is not encouraged into doing the Footy Show the way Wallet did and then undo a lot of good feeling.

It was fantastic press confrence.Well done to all and im so proud as a member we can send him off this way.JB great job and gee i love this club.

Yeah, look forward to Caros article saying how well NMFC and the board have handled the whole thing, ala her richmond article last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Kudos to Dean and JB

Learn anything Caro?

Not that it invloves learning as such, but I think we can fully expect her to claim that the club has handled this poorly tomorrow. Would also place a bets on her use of the phrases 'under siege', 'friction', 'fiasco' and 'off field dramas'. And of course everyone's favourite, 'cash strapped'.

C'mon Caro, don't let us down!

p.s.I wonder if Smith will make it to the keyboard or will he just go straight to the pub and get to it on the weekend.

As much as i've had a few doubts over what we've been on about on the field and what that been a reflection of in terms of culture, today was evidence that there can be no doubt that this club is in the best shape its ever been in off the field.

That was as good as you can ever imagine under these circumstances from all concerned. Very proud of our footy club today.

As much as i've had a few doubts over what we've been on about on the field and what that been a reflection of in terms of culture, today was evidence that there can be no doubt that this club is in the best shape its ever been in off the field.

That was as good as you can ever imagine under these circumstances from all concerned. Very proud of our footy club today.

Yep, spot on Carlos. A very professionally run press conference it certainly was and I for one feel very proud of the club today.

Well done to all concerned, especially Laids and JB !!!!

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Not that it invloves learning as such, but I think we can fully expect her to claim that the club has handled this poorly tomorrow. Would also place a bets on her use of the phrases 'under siege', 'friction', 'fiasco' and 'off field dramas'. And of course everyone's favourite, 'cash strapped'.

C'mon Caro, don't let us down!

p.s.I wonder if Smith will make it to the keyboard or will he just go straight to the pub and get to it on the weekend.

Almost a 100% guarantee that will happen.

JB is outstanding, there arn't many better in the media. Handled every question with great poise and a sense of calmness.

extraordinary press conference. one of the best ever with a coach parting ways. sure we'll have the inevitable cr@p from caro and boozo but f*ck 'em.

that was pure class boys, go the roos...

Great to see it handled this way. Its shows the class of the both the club and Dean. Find it hard for even Caro to say it was messy and the club could have done better..........but she will find a way.

She doesn't even have a right to say anything. He walked out himself, we didn't dump him.

He's the one who wanted his contract like this and he walked out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back