Absolute scenes in a Perth courtroom

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
A seven year old boy was at the centre of a Perth courtroom drama this morning when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring the family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he refused to live with her.

When the judge then suggested he live with his grandparents the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the West Coast Eagles football club whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Reminds me of the time I was sitting next to a bloke on a plane who was doing a crossword, and he asked me 'Hey, what's another word for an annoying older woman that has four letters ending with T'. I said it's probably 'Aunt'. He said 'oh yeah, might be that. I thought it was C**T'

d79563cf1b54f3fe47d3763ca76cdc1b

Remove this Banner Ad

Back