Actresses/Actors playing the same character

Remove this Banner Ad

What examples have you seen of performers playing the same character in multiple films and/or shows?

To be clear I'm not referring to things like Tom Hanks playing mild mannered men or Ricky Gervais playing awkward Brits.

I mean people that have played essentially the same character (personality traits, mannerism etc.) in a similar situation.

The first few examples that come to mind for me are:

Richard Jenkins - Dear John + Friends with Benefits
Jenkins plays an ageing, bitter father of the protagonist that is delusional and suffering from a medical condition. In both films, he has a strained relationship with his son that is eventually resolved as his health deteriorates.

J. K. Simmons - Ride the Eagle + Palm Springs
Simmons plays an angry, psychotic and vengeful man that hunts the protagonist, before eventually being revealed as a soft old teddy bear with a family, that forms a relationship with said protagonist.

What examples have you seen?

What examples have you seen of performers playing the same character in multiple films and/or shows?

J. K. Simmons - Ride the Eagle + Palm Springs
Simmons plays an angry, psychotic and vengeful man that hunts the protagonist, before eventually being revealed as a soft old teddy bear with a family, that forms a relationship with said protagonist.

Does his best role as Vernon Schillinger in OZ count? he was angry, psychotic and vengeful in that show (not sure if he got to the soft teddy bear part)

Good thread

I can't think of anyone right now but I will

Harvey Keitel played the Victor the Cleaner in Point Of No Return and then Winstone Wolfe the cleaner in Pulp Fiction. Not a huge character in either movie but certainly memberable.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back