Actors & Actresses you just don't like!

Remove this Banner Ad

Been looking for somewhere to post this.

I cannot stand Mindy Kaling. Shocking actress. I've cringed at everything she's ever popped up in...just not funny, no real appeal except I'm guessing diversity on screen.

Who else?

Tom cruise.
Ben Affleck
Vince Vaughn
Owen Wilson
Kevin Hart
Melissa mccarthy
Jennifer Lawrence

If any of those names are in the cast I don't watch

Chris Pratt is getting there now as well
Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Will Ferrell with F-ing bells on.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk
200w.gif

Normally yes, but he was really good in both Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Truman Show.
Haven't seen Eternal Sunshine, though you're not the only person to say that. Enjoyed him in The Truman Show - arguably the exception that proves the rule.

I'm thinking garbage like Dumb & Dumber, The Mask, Liar Liar, Batman Forever, ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keanu Reeves

He was OK playing the young dumb stoner goofball in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure but it's hard to take him seriously in any other roles.

Brendan Fraser is similar, he was OK when he stayed in his lane with his earlier young dumb stoner goofball roles but he isn't a good actor.

He got a charity Best Actor Oscar for The Whale and he was awful in The Killers of the Flower Moon compared to all the other better actors.

Haven't seen Eternal Sunshine, though you're not the only person to say that. Enjoyed him in The Truman Show - arguably the exception that proves the rule.

I'm thinking garbage like Dumb & Dumber, The Mask, Liar Liar, Batman Forever, ...

Dumb and Dumber is a classic comedy, he was great in that along with Jeff Daniels, Dumb and Dumber To was complete garbage though.

Zooey Deschanel playing her quirky characters. To be fair, I think she does have talent and can act. I've liked her in some of her roles in the 2000s such as in 'Bridge to Terabithia', 'Elf' and as a young unknown in the forgotten 2001 action comedy 'Big Trouble'. However her part in Bridge to Terabithia was a straight dramatic role; in Elf she was playing the streetwise love interest to Will Ferrell's fish out of water leading role; and in Big Trouble she played a support role as a high school student caught up in the bizarre series of events that take place.

But her quirky characters whether leading or secondary in movies like '500 Days of Summer', 'Our Idiot Brother', 'The Happening' and 'Failure to Launch' among others, and most notably her role as Jess in the early-mid 2010s sitcom 'New Girl' I just found so annoying and cringe inducing. These characters aren't compelling, they aren't interesting, they aren't believable and they most definitely are not funny. New Girl in particular I found to be unwatchable.

Give Eternal Sunshine a go. It's a fun movie and probably Carrey's best performance. Nothing like the garbage.

Bradley Cooper - just annoys me, not bagging his actual acting.
Nicole Kidman - always appears to be 'acting', to me. Never find her convincing at all.
America Ferrera is in that category to me. Decent acting but just annoys me. Maybe it's the characters she plays

I don't understand the worship of Helen Mirrer and Meryl Streep.

Also Barry Keough

Helen Mirren and Meryl Streep are both great actresses, they may get worshipped too much but it's not like they seek out all the attention.

Unlike Nicole Kidman who along with Keith Urban seek out the attention of being A listers by sitting front and centre at all the award shows.

Jamie Foxx. Ever since he ruined the 2nd half of law abiding citizen, I've been unable to watch anything he's in. It is an irrational hatred that has prevented me from rewatching collateral, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I liked him prior so it really makes no sense, but I just loved LAC until the terrible ending.

On checking I did watch Django unchained knowing he was in it and horrible bosses not knowing he was in it.

Jason Mantzoukas, all of his roles are over the top and too in your face. His sideplots in The League took away from the show
I'm the opposite. I never watched The League all that much, but he was my favourite part of it. And I loved his cameos in Brooklyn Nine Nine too (playing basically the same character).

Normally yes, but he was really good in both Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Truman Show.
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind is such a brilliant film and he's so great in it. But I really don't like any of his other films. I just find his comedy style a bit too over the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back