What's the Last Movie you Didn't See?

Remove this Banner Ad

I fell asleep during one of the Harry Potter movies in a cinema, the one with the spiders. My missus woke me and gave me the look. She was bored by it, too, and we left.
The final hp half way thru I put up some arm rests and tried to have a nap

Thats ok, I should have trusted my instincts in the first place. I knew that film would annoy the absolute **** out of me.

But that's not the reason why I left at the 15 min mark..

So I was sitting in the cinema and shortly after soon realised there was an intellectually disabled man sitting right up the back of the room. Then I realised he was swearing his head off- ** this/ ** that. Then a family with young kids walk in. Soon enough the father pulls him up on it (the guy is talking very loudly) so I'm thinking oh great there's going to be a punch on any minute now. Thankfully the guy up that back apologised... then about 5 minutes later was swearing again. :tearsofjoy:

15 minutes into the film he still had not settled down and I just could not take it anymore. I just walked out and very politely explained the whole situation to the manager and got a comp ticket and left!

It's a tough situation tho.. i would not have wanted to have been the manager of the cinema right then.

You should have thanked sweary man. He spared you from sitting through the whole movie.

So i guess the only musical I can stand is Chicago.

I just can't watch musical theater. It elicits exactly zero "willing suspension of disbelief."

A few years ago, I bought tickets to Rent for my NJ spouse's nostalgia for watching shows in NYC through childhood.

I barely made it through. The whole thing was ludicrous to me. There were multiple "sad" parts, where I could literally hear the audience of drama club nerds sniffing and sobbing... I nearly had to leave because I was fighting the urge to laugh out loud like a maniac.

I just can't watch musical theater. It elicits exactly zero "willing suspension of disbelief."

A few years ago, I bought tickets to Rent for my NJ spouse's nostalgia for watching shows in NYC through childhood.

I barely made it through. The whole thing was ludicrous to me. There were multiple "sad" parts, where I could literally hear the audience of drama club nerds sniffing and sobbing... I nearly had to leave because I was fighting the urge to laugh out loud like a maniac.
Yeah Rent is s**t. I saw that in NYC. *not my choice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Avatar 2 - its been mentioned in passing but Ive avoided bringing the subject up

I nearly missed the 1st one but I had a blood drain experience and went with it

Titanic
Fast and Furious 2-whenever

I would need to be strongly convinced to watch a Will Ferrell movie - I think Holmes and Watson broke me

Avatar 2 - its been mentioned in passing but Ive avoided bringing the subject up

I nearly missed the 1st one but I had a blood drain experience and went with it

Titanic
Fast and Furious 2-whenever

I would need to be strongly convinced to watch a Will Ferrell movie - I think Holmes and Watson broke me

Will Ferrell jumped the shark a long time before Holmes and Watson which was an absolute trainwreck.

A few of his early movies were good like Old School, Elf, Anchorman and Semi Pro but then he went downhill after that.

Some people rate Step Brothers but I didn't rate that either, him and John C Reilly aren't the great comedy duo that they think they are.

They seem to have a lot more fun making their comedy films together than the audience has, they are no Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor.

I'm not even going to bother reading 4 pages to see if my movie is mentioned

Reacher - Tom Cruise can suck a bag of dicks - as if he is 6'4'' - if you have to have people standing in ditches you're in the wrong movie
I actually didn’t mind both Reacher movies as harmless action fun but watching the series Reacher and speaking to people who loved the books it was ridiculous casting that completely obliterated what that character is.

Will Ferrell jumped the shark a long time before Holmes and Watson which was an absolute trainwreck.

A few of his early movies were good like Old School, Elf, Anchorman and Semi Pro but then he went downhill after that.

Some people rate Step Brothers but I didn't rate that either, him and John C Reilly aren't the great comedy duo that they think they are.

They seem to have a lot more fun making their comedy films together than the audience has, they are no Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor.
I would add OS, Anch and SP to that awful list as well but at least you're on my side with everything else! :thumbsupv1:

Ironically I've never seen those movies you mentioned

Only movie i've ever walked out on was Wild Wild West. Booooooooooring

Last movie I fell asleep in was Dune. The ridiculously loud soundtrack woke me up....not sure if i'm thankful for that or not

I love The Wire but The Shield was the best show I've ever seen.

Ground breaking television, nothing else really comes near it.
Same. They simply dont make cop shows like this anymore. I remember watching the pilot episode and stopped watching it, because no way would a show be "greenlit" (irony here) for multiple seasons.

The chemistry of all them is just insane levels good. Shane Vandrell and the Vic Mackey characters were just awesome and a pleasure to view over the years.

I wish The Wire, hooked me the same way The Shield did.

I was late to The Breaking Bad party too, but I loved it, my only regret was not watching it during its peak.

I was late to The Breaking Bad party too, but I loved it, my only regret was not watching it during its peak.

Same here, but I honestly think I enjoyed Better Call Saul even more than BB.

I haven't seen any of the Saw movies. I had no idea there were so many of them!

I have however, seen all the Friday the 13th movies. Including the wacky Jason in space X. I think Stan had most of them and I worked through them all about this time 2 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back