What's the Last Movie you Didn't See?

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the worst list of Boxing Day releases I can recall.

A new weird Yorgos Lanthimos film, Woody Allen going full Francophone, a middlebrow Holocaust film, a pair of bad animated kids movies, some awful rom com and a superhero movie that almost got shelved for a tax break.

almost.................Equalizer 3.

Downloaded it, 4K and all...couldn't bring myself to watch it...coz...thought it would be just another mindless killfest ala John Wick

(2 months later) It was a live action film of course but might as well be a cartoon coz it's full of cartoonish characters...sheesh, stop scratching the bottom of the barrel (one with a very big hole in it) would ya.

Shoulda trusted my instincts and deleted the damn thing off of my HDD.
I prolly shouldn't bother with anything 'action' with a number 2,3,4...etc...in the title from now on....yes I know X is Roman for 10

(I make an exception for anything with Jenna Ortega in it)

Last edited:

Ive never walked out. Im usually careful with what I see.

I havent watched Barbie or Oppenheimer.
ditto Barbie....again, downloaded it, 4K and all...gave it a try for Ryan Gosling....yeaaaahhhhhhhhhhh naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

wut...I'm missing out on important life lessons ? I'll take that risk, thanks.

I walked out of Step Bros. about half way through IIRC and havnt watched any Will Farrell since
I watched a couple of episodes of B*** in Apartment 23 many years ago and turned it off.
Ive never seen any Mission Impossible movies
When GOT exploded I decided I was to busy to bother investing the time and still havnt bothered to this day.
I refuse to watch the Disney Live Action remakes

The last movie I didn't see was the one that I didn't see because I was lost at sea trying to find the one I didn't see.

Sea what I did there?

Maybe the worst list of Boxing Day releases I can recall.

A new weird Yorgos Lanthimos film, Woody Allen going full Francophone, a middlebrow Holocaust film, a pair of bad animated kids movies, some awful rom com and a superhero movie that almost got shelved for a tax break.
Granted it wasn’t the highest quality but that is a pretty wide spread of selection and not one of them appealed to you?

I reckon the problem might not be the films.

Granted it wasn’t the highest quality but that is a pretty wide spread of selection and not one of them appealed to you?

I reckon the problem might not be the films.

I didn’t say that - I’ll see Poor Things and probably Coup de Chance (would’ve already done so was I not currently with Covid). Maybe One Life if I have to, like, take my mum to the movies or something.

My point is that’s well down on what it normally is, and the two I’ll see are reasonably niche.

I didn’t say that - I’ll see Poor Things and probably Coup de Chance (would’ve already done so was I not currently with Covid). Maybe One Life if I have to, like, take my mum to the movies or something.

My point is that’s well down on what it normally is, and the two I’ll see are reasonably niche.
You’ve basically shitcanned the entire list of movies (also missing a few) so you know, go off king.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’ve basically shitcanned the entire list of movies (also missing a few) so you know, go off king.

I thought I was comprehensive - what did I miss? Happy to discover I overlooked a potential gem!

I don't think "weird" and "full Francophone" are shitcanning - I've liked all of Lanthimos' films to date to varying degrees, and obviously Woody Allen was historically a great director but hasn't been at the level he once was for a long time now, aside a couple of notable exceptions.

But usually there'd be two or more Oscar contenders in the Boxing Day slew of releases. 2022 had Triangle of Sadness and The Banshees of Inisherin, 2021 had West Side Story and Licorice Pizza and so on. This year only Poor Things fits that bill. And Wonka, in its third week, was just pipped by Aquaman 2 for #1 in the local box office.

Normally I go to the cinema at least twice a week, so I'm fortunate being out with Covid hasn't left me with a giant backlog this year, anyway.

I thought I was comprehensive - what did I miss? Happy to discover I overlooked a potential gem!

I don't think "weird" and "full Francophone" are shitcanning - I've liked all of Lanthimos' films to date to varying degrees, and obviously Woody Allen was historically a great director but hasn't been at the level he once was for a long time now, aside a couple of notable exceptions.

But usually there'd be two or more Oscar contenders in the Boxing Day slew of releases. 2022 had Triangle of Sadness and The Banshees of Inisherin, 2021 had West Side Story and Licorice Pizza and so on. This year only Poor Things fits that bill. And Wonka, in its third week, was just pipped by Aquaman 2 for #1 in the local box office.

Normally I go to the cinema at least twice a week, so I'm fortunate being out with Covid hasn't left me with a giant backlog this year, anyway.

“Maybe the worst list of Boxing Day releases I can recall.“

The rest is hardly effusive in positivity.

Do and say whatever you like but your post came across as overwhelmingly negative and seemed to only imply that nothing out currently would be worth your time.

Sounded very snobbish and a touch film w***ery to me but perhaps that wasn’t the intent.

Few little gems on streaming, some foreign stuff and some stuff out before Boxing Day that I’d hazard a guess you might not have seen (Godzilla minus one as a singular example) but I don’t know how much you’ve watched

“Maybe the worst list of Boxing Day releases I can recall.“

The rest is hardly effusive in positivity.

Do and say whatever you like but your post came across as overwhelmingly negative and seemed to only imply that nothing out currently would be worth your time.

Sounded very snobbish and a touch film w***ery to me but perhaps that wasn’t the intent.

Few little gems on streaming, some foreign stuff and some stuff out before Boxing Day that I’d hazard a guess you might not have seen (Godzilla minus one as a singular example) but I don’t know how much you’ve watched

Not my intention - my point was that as the tentpole day of the year for new releases it's comparatively underwhelming, particularly at the end of a year that had some interesting stuff going on. That's not saying nothing out is currently worth my time - but a list of movies that is comprised entirely of 2001: A Space Odyssey and then the 44 Steven Seagal movies since the year 2001 isn't a good list of movies!

Godzilla Minus One rocked.

I reckon I watched the first 45ish minutes of Captain Phillips for the 20th time last night.

And therefore did not watch the second half for the 20th time last night.

Idk what it is with that movie, I just lose all interest once that immortal "Look at me. I am the Captain now" line is spoken.

The last Movie I didn't see was Survive The Savage Sea because I was stranded at sea trying to see the last movie I didn't see which was Survive The Savage Sea while I was surviving the Savage Sea.

Sea?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back