Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You're delusional. So North and Hawthorn are going to take him ahead of some likely generational talent at the top of the order only for him to request a trade to Richmond again at the the end of the year?
Who are the generational talents you speak of ? I asked on the draft boards a while back about cerra. He would go top 3 im this draft according to them!

also yeah Carlton and Saints would take him. Essendon as well!!

The thing is Prestia WASN'T traded for Pick 6. It was Pick 6 plus the Tigers future 2nd (which was 36) and we got back Pick 24. Now I know that the Suns wouldn't have expected our pick to be 36 as they wouldn't have expected us to win the premiership in 2017 but they didn't expect it to be lower than 24, so we therefore for Prestia and a pick upgrade for Pick 6. Hence why Pick 8 would be perfectly reasonable by itself in a comparison with the Prestia trade.

Bear in mind Prestia was a much more known quantity and impactful player than Cerra is showing right now. I know the potential for him to get better is there, but the facts are the facts as they are, Prestia when traded was a much more impactful player than Cerra is right now, so the potential is already priced in at Pick 9.

Show other examples if you want of other trades.

You are essentially saying that Cerra is more valuable than Neale was when you traded him. Neale you got Picks 6, 19 and 55 and traded Neale and Pick 30. This was marginally more than Gold Coast got for Prestia, but Picks 8 and 25 (if thats what we have) is more than both of these trades for a player with a much lower output at the time of trade.
I'm not saying he's worth more than Neale, along way from it. Even discounting the fact all teams knew that top 7 was as good as it gets, 6, 19 and 55 with 30 back is more than 8 and 25 which is what I'm suggesting AND pick 8 is going to fall to pick 10 come draft night. These are all things that would be discussed and weighed up while the teams haggle where teams know the quality at each pick.

I strongly disagree the potential is priced in at 9 where if he didnt improve on this year, you'd be happy with the output at pick 9, which I suspect is why Richmond supporters dont like the idea of paying more. Prestia is more a known quality because he had been around longer, not much Cerra can do about that, I dont think one is more impactful than the other when they are very different midfielders and impact in different ways.

If nothing else, you have a Saints supporter who has said they would jump at the chance to draft him at 7, I bet you almost all Carlton supporters would do the same. I'm also the Freo supporter expecting the least in return and I'm pretty confident 8 by itself wouldnt cut it.

tonygeeks put it best, your list management team is elite, wouldnt stress about what you pay if he goes there, it'll be worth it in the end.

I actually think we will end up with both Richmonds firsts if he nominates them. We will end up giving a Second or a third back. Would you Richmonds supporters say its fair if we give a second back?

I actually think we will end up with both Richmonds firsts if he nominates them. We will end up giving a Second or a third back. Would you Richmonds supporters say its fair if we give a second back?
If one is top 10, I struggle to see us getting both first round picks. I can promise you they wont think what you said is fair

If one is top 10, I struggle to see us getting both first round picks. I can promise you they wont think what you said is fair
Yeah probably but I'd say we'd offer one 1st and our first 2nd rounder which works out roughly the same.
Fremantle are gonna want picks between 10-20. This is where all the WA Talent is. Im for sure hoping he doesn't leave now if that is all that we get.

Its all going to depend where our 1st falls. If we somehow rebound from the disaster of the last 2 weeks and resurrect our season and perhaps make a prelim or better than its probable. If we fail to make finals, then there is no way you get both firsts. No way do you get a top 10 pick and another 1st, even with a 2nd coming back.

As said, Prestia is the gauge and we didn't pay only Pick 6, we paid less than Pick 6 due to the pick upgrade we got back.

If we have a top 10 pick, then IMO there won't be a lot other than that included based on historical trades.

Fremantle are gonna want picks between 10-20. This is where all the WA Talent is. Im for sure hoping he doesn't leave now if that is all that we get.

Lets say we manage to package up a few picks and get the Dogs 1st (we have the collateral to get it), would you take 2 picks between 13-18 (Geelong and Dogs picks) or a top 10?

I think if Freo want those 2 later 1sts, then the Tiges would probably move on something around that if we can keep the top 10 too. We'd probably push for a future 3rd to come back to offset a bit.

Lets say we manage to package up a few picks and get the Dogs 1st (we have the collateral to get it), would you take 2 picks between 13-18 (Geelong and Dogs picks) or a top 10?

I think if Freo want those 2 later 1sts, then the Tiges would probably move on something around that if we can keep the top 10 too. We'd probably push for a future 3rd to come back to offset a bit.
I would say we would definitely consider this actually!! What stops you guys from keeping the dogs pick and giving us the Richmond first and Geelong First? with a second going back to u guys ofcourse.

I would say we would definitely consider this actually!! What stops you guys from keeping the dogs pick and giving us the Richmond first and Geelong First? with a second going back to u guys ofcourse.

As I said depends where the pick falls. If its top 10 no way. It will be 1 pick. If they are later picks (13-18) probably 2 with a 3rd coming back to us (you don't have 1 so would a future one).

Even with a 2nd coming back, lets say we give you Pick 8 and Geelongs 1st, that would be more than you received for Neale. Do you really think Cerra is worth more than Neale?

As I said depends where the pick falls. If its top 10 no way. It will be 1 pick. If they are later picks (13-18) probably 2 with a 3rd coming back to us (you don't have 1 so would a future one).

Even with a 2nd coming back, lets say we give you Pick 8 and Geelongs 1st, that would be more than you received for Neale. Do you really think Cerra is worth more than Neale?
the Neale trade was

Brisbane Gave - 6,19,55
Fremantle Gave - Neale and Pick 30

Realistically there Pick 6 carries a lot more value than say pick 10 or there about which Richmond would have.

My proposed trade would be

Richmond Give - Pick 10-12 or so and also Pick 16 odd (Geelong)
Fremantle Give - Cerra plus Second Rounder Approx 26-28

Richmond can then use all those seconds to upgrade back into first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the Neale trade was

Brisbane Gave - 6,19,55
Fremantle Gave - Neale and Pick 30

Realistically there Pick 6 carries a lot more value than say pick 10 or there about which Richmond would have.

Again depends where we finish. Many more games like the last 2 weeks (and after the Pies this week we have Brisbane and Geelong back to back) and we might be talking Pick 6!!

Then perhaps you'd have to package up some picks for an earlier one.

I dont see us trading out both 2021 1st rounders for one player just because freo want to use them on WA talent.

Then perhaps you'd have to package up some picks for an earlier one.

I dont see us trading out both 2021 1st rounders for one player just because freo want to use them on WA talent.
If it costs that then you'd rather go to the draft? Hmmmm Im hoping he chooses Carlton then because there pick will be better. I do think that Cerra is the best of both worlds for you guys. He is young so can add to a rebuild if needed and he can also add to your now

If it costs that then you'd rather go to the draft? Hmmmm Im hoping he chooses Carlton then because there pick will be better. I do think that Cerra is the best of both worlds for you guys. He is young so can add to a rebuild if needed and he can also add to your now
Not necessarily. If we coughed up that the I'd hope we'd be sourcing at least one other 1st rounder to take to the draft. Whether that's by using future picks or packaging later picks.

One things for sure if he nominates us and we commit you can guarantee we'll get a deal done. You're not doing with Dodoro here.

Obviously you'd get more elsewhere if early picks are your desire.

Not necessarily. If we coughed up that the I'd hope we'd be sourcing at least one other 1st rounder to take to the draft. Whether that's by using future picks or packaging later picks.

One things for sure if he nominates us and we commit you can guarantee we'll get a deal done. You're not doing with Dodoro here.

Obviously you'd get more elsewhere if early picks are your desire.
Gotta hate dealing with old Dodoro!! In any case if he does nominate you guys know that you guys are actually getting a young gun!! Dudes gonna be a star!!

Would be a hilarious blunder if Fremantle let Cerra go for pick 10-20, should be 2 first rounders or 1 top 10.

If Adam Saad goes for 8, Cerra should easily go for 1-10.

If you had to guess, I would say he would sign 2-3 year contract and see how Fremantle go after that.

Not signing now doesn't mean anything, just playing the will he won't he manager shenanigans to bump up the price.

Find it hard to believe Richmond would give up both their picks to snag him, pick 10-20 by itself wouldn't be enough.

As for my beloved Blooz, I wouldn't give up pick 5-8 for him, but we did for Saad so who knows.

Great player and just starting so regardless look forward to seeing the campaigner light it up for years to come.

Loving the Freo supporters demanding 2 x 1sts for an uncontracted Cerra with North sitting at 1 in the PSD and millions of cash to spare and in need of just such a player.

A mid 1st for him is more than enough considering the context.

If you guys are happy to let him fall to North for a big salary and no return, I applaud your resolve even if I disagree with it from a list management position.

Loving the Freo supporters demanding 2 x 1sts for an uncontracted Cerra with North sitting at 1 in the PSD and millions of cash to spare and in need of just such a player.

If you guys are happy to let him fall to North for a big salary and no return, I applaud your resolve even if I disagree with it from a list management position.
Sure Dennis, tell em' he's dreamin'.

Uncontracted doesnt mean your gonna take way unders. Every team in Melbourne would want Cerra on there list.

Would you have taken a Mid first for Cripps? Considering he wasnt contracted and hadnt played his best football for a while?

Double Speak.

First round with academy or father son range from 1-20.

We are not asking for 2 top 10 picks.

Cerra is worth a top 10 pick no doubt or 2 later first rounders with something going back with cerra . The kid oozes class with ball in hand . He will instantly make any team better

The whole not having leverage because North have pick 1 in the pre season draft is silly .

Cerra would probably sign on for another year with freo if a trade wasn't able to be reached than go to North

Back