Rumour Adelaide Crows camp

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour: A rep from TLA will be meeting with the Crows today. They represent quite a few players but also Brett Burton.

Agree about the 90%. BUT, how did the media find out about it? Which players & players partners went to the media about the camp?
You might need to look closer to home....
The media sensed blood in the water & did their normal thing to make them relevant?? & sell advertising.

This is what you get when your football operations manager is an unqualified hack (Brett Burton). When you're an idiot, you'll get fooled by any fad or sham that comes along promising an edge.

We didn't hire decent fitness staff but we hired what is essentially an organisational psychology firm without a psychologist in sight.

This is what you get when your football operations manager is an unqualified hack (Brett Burton). When you're an idiot, you'll get fooled by any fad or sham that comes along promising an edge.

We didn't hire decent fitness staff but we hired what is essentially an organisational psychology firm without a psychologist in sight.

Burton does have a Bachelor of Science (Human Movement) Honours, but, to industry participants this is just a mere base level entry for appointment. Universities Australia wide churn them out in the 1000's every year and it's like getting a BA or MBA. Doesn't mean much. It shouldn't get you a top level management role. To be seriously considered for top level sport, post-graduate qualiifications (Masters/Doctorate) would be assumed as a given. Burton's management style (to me, at least) appears very autocratic. And he develops 'glass-jaw' syndrome when challenged. He is going to rub people , especially those infinitely more qualified and experienced than him, the wrong way. There are numerous medical staff at Adelaide who are significantly more qualified and knowledgable than Burton. That would include their recently departed physiotherapist who is highly regarded and will be an absolute and damaging loss to Adelaide. It seems to me that to work at Adelaide under Burton, you lose your autonomy which seems like a strange situation. I'd personally have serious misgivings as a medical/allied health practiotioner being answerable to Burton. He is a mere novice comapred to Adelaide's existing medical staff. I think leaving Burton there will have serious ramifications for Adelaide. The sports medicine community in Australia is very tight-knit - everyone knows everyone and they would privately be telling any prectitioner of any worth to give Adelaide a seriously wide birth. Burton likes "Yes" men - one's that he can control. That's why Hass is there. If you're not a "yes" person - you're out.

Last edited:
In all seriousness the name alone "Collective Minds" rings alarm bells. Sounds like something from a pamphlet pushed onto you in a shopping centre.
Sounds like an 80s pop group.

Burton does have a Bachelor of Science (Human Movement) Honours, but, to industry participants this is just a mere base level entry for appointment. Universities Australia wide churn them out in the 1000's every year and it's like getting a BA or MBA. Doesn't mean much. It shouldn't get you a top level management role. To be seriously considered for top level sport, post-graduate qualiifications (Masters/Doctorate) would be assumed as a given. Burton's management style (to me, at least) appears very autocratic. And he develops 'glass-jaw' syndrome when challenged. He is going to rub people , especially those infinitely more qualified and experienced than him, the wrong way. There are numerous medical staff at Adelaide who are significantly more qualified and knowledgable than Burton. That would include their recently departed physiotherapist who is highly regarded and will be an absolute and damaging loss to Adelaide. It seems to me that to work at Adelaide under Burton, you lose your autonomy which seems like a strange situation. I'd personally have serious misgivings as a medical/allied health practiotioner being answerable to Burton. He is a mere novice comapred to Adelaide's existing medical staff. I think leaving Burton there will have serious ramifications for Adelaide. The sports medicine community in Australia is very tight-knit - everyone knows everyone and they would privately be telling any prectitioner of any worth to give Adelaide a seriously wide birth. Burton likes "Yes" men - one's that he can control. That's why Hass is there. If you're not a "yes" person - you're out.

I think that pretty well describes our entire club philosophy. It was that way for years under Trigg and it doesn't seem to have changed under Fagan. We've largely still got the same board that oversaw the Trigg sanctions. We're very poorly run.

I think that pretty well describes our entire club philosophy. It was that way for years under Trigg and it doesn't seem to have changed under Fagan. We've largely still got the same board that oversaw the Trigg sanctions. We're very poorly run.
Is burton universally hated by crows fans? Honest question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main problem with the power stance was it was predictable, Richmond knew to ignore it
They knew to ignore it, but honestly what are they actually ignoring, it doesn’t actually give you any sort of edge over the opposition in reality.
It’s not like it’s the All Blacks doing the Haka before the game.

They knew to ignore it, but honestly what are they actually ignoring, it doesn’t actually give you any sort of edge over the opposition in reality.
It’s not like it’s the All Blacks doing the Haka before the game.
Campo had the best response to the Haka in the 91 World Cup semi, he went and kicked the ball to himself in the in goal area. Then we smashed them.

Campo had the best response to the Haka in the 91 World Cup semi, he went and kicked the ball to himself in the in goal area. Then we smashed them.
Then there was the time we turned our back to them during the Haka and got completely dominated.
Really any pre game thing shouldn’t have any outcome on the game, on most occasions it’s just a case of the best team winning.

He could take a hanger though.

Then there was the time we turned our back to them during the Haka and got completely dominated.
Really any pre game thing shouldn’t have any outcome on the game, on most occasions it’s just a case of the best team winning.

If the outcome is determined or influenced by a power stance or a haka, you don't deserve to win. Nerves, the enormity of the big stage, niggling injuries, training, fitness and luck will all have a bearing but an effing power stance was a lame attention grab which they would've clung onto as an influential moment if they won

The power stance had many levels. External as well as internal.

The external is the obvious intimidatory feature but also a sign of group unity.

But as mentioned the nerves and the enormity , or the internal, of the occasion demanded a centering and focus of the group to a task.

It would have been better to have been used after half time of the GF but until then it had done it's job

Burton doesn't seem like that much of a *head. Got the opposite feeling.

Pyke meanwhile is one of these wanna be tough blokes, who says guff about how much they'll be hurting and how heads'll roll but ultimately nothing ever happens and his tough bloke teams end up being soft as butter. Not a unique trait these days for coaches but he's the one I'd be looking at.

After all didn't he used to just be a little twinkle toes for the Eagles?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back