Preview Round 8: Adelaide vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Sunday 26/07/2020, 1:05 PM AEST

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My argument is that Bellchmbers is good at ONE area of modern ruckwork currently, as opposed to Phillips being good at NONE.

Phillips isn't an AFL standard ruckman.

Based on efforts so far this season, I don't think TBC could GAF. Prepare for glacial Tom and the Crows first win for 2020.

Just put $20 on the Crows.
If it makes anyone feel any better I’ve literally never made a successful punt, not once.
Thank you.

If it makes anyone feel any better I’ve literally never made a successful punt, not once.
I had 10 bucks on Richmond ******* campaigners

In past seasons, the usual rule has been if its raining then place bet against Essendon but we won a game earlier this year in the wet so that rule might not work anymore.

Yes he is. His last 8 games his opponent has averaged 19.75 disposals and 5 marks. Including some stellar players like Tom Hickey and, oh, Reilly O'Brien.
Did you completely forget TBC's performance against Pittonet? TBC's fantastic ability to tap to advantage resulted in a -14 clearance differential. His direct opponent Pittonet had 8 clearances while TBC had 3. Oh so helpful, especially considering TBC had 6 disposals, 0 marks and 0 tackles. Pittonet had more clearances than TBC's disposal count.

Point is, they both aren't great, but if Phillips isn't AFL standard, then TBC shouldn't be on a list.

Did you completely forget TBC's performance against Pittonet? TBC's fantastic ability to tap to advantage resulted in a -14 clearance differential. His direct opponent Pittonet had 8 clearances while TBC had 3. Oh so helpful, especially considering TBC had 6 disposals, 0 marks and 0 tackles. Pittonet had more clearances than TBC's disposal count.

Point is, they both aren't great, but if Phillips isn't AFL standard, then TBC shouldn't be on a list.
Nope. As I've said repeatedly, Bellchambers is cooked. He's a better option than Phillips though, if barely.

Phillips brings a bit of bit of effort - as seen v Grundy & Goldy (2 of the better rucks in the comp)
He made English look like a superstar last week though.

Our ruck stocks are deplorable at the moment. The eggs in one basket approach on Draper makes me nervous.
Eggs in one basket with Draper shouldn't be an issue. [When] Bellchambers is delisted/retires, Draper takes over with support from Phillips until Bryan and Crauford are ready to compete to be second ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what you guys are worried about, ROB is an average tap ruckman at best.

And on the unlikely chance we do win the tap we still won't win the clearance because we don't have a midfield.

You think we have a midfield?

You think we have a midfield?

Well yeah I thought you did.

I only checked the line up just now...

tenor-1-5.gif

That would imply a fit Joe, I reckon we would hold our own with any team especially this season

He has played in 3 of our last 43 games.

Not banking on him to do anything, injured or uninjured. Probably ever again for us.

They'd still probably beat us, by the way. Nothing to do with Joe's ability but the cultural problems that exist at the club.

Last edited:
I hope we bring the intensity we showed against collingwood, that shows system vs players. Given we are missing hugely talented players, that intensity shows we are beginning to turn a corner.

Ahhh the good old play the struggling other team into form game of the year.

We'll get munched after some head dropping from dodgy umpire decisions while a desperate Crows team can't believe their luck.

The faithful will bleat their heads off, we'll front the media and declare that our performance wasn't good enough and come out like world beaters for a few weeks, scrape into the finals and get another paddlin.

Or we could smash them to death and catapult from 12th on the ladder to 2nd with a game in hand lol.

On a side note how fit do the Gold Coast look!

i think bellchambers might come out firing. Its hi slast chance. He was droppped and now has his chance to put in a 4 qtr effort.
If he cant do that at least put some body on the opposition

Bellchambers is average at best and has been since he started . his effort and work rate is poor and he is undiscipline so I wouldn't even bother with him anymore. just play Draper to see if he is any good if not move on and draft or get another one from somewhere. it is about time we made some tough decisions if we are ever going to go forward and become a great club again..!!!

Bellchambers is average at best and has been since he started . his effort and work rate is poor and he is undiscipline so I wouldn't even bother with him anymore. just play Draper to see if he is any good if not move on and draft or get another one from somewhere. it is about time we made some tough decisions if we are ever going to go forward and become a great club again..!!!
But those taps to advantage though...

Reading the last three pages suggests only two players will influence the game that being Tbell or O'Brien - The other 42 players can be rested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back