Coach Adem Yze - Will he be given enough time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dimma was given plenty of time to win premierships and had a good list. We are being overly critical, if we expect Yze to deliver miracles early on.
If Dimma and his sidekick Clarke had any gonads they’d have stayed until the blokes they gave the world for in hopper and Taranto had seen their contracts completed . The pair of them , Dimma and Clarke , have left an impression they were in for the ride whilst RFC was inflating their value but not prepared to stick by the club if it tarnished their reputation.

If Dimma and his sidekick Clarke had any gonads they’d have stayed until the blokes they gave the world for in hopper and Taranto had seen their contracts completed . The pair of them , Dimma and Clarke , have left an impression they were in for the ride whilst RFC was inflating their value but not prepared to stick by the club if it tarnished their reputation.
Dimma took the easy option and went to the suns. Plenty of young talent and the academy there.
Plus appeared his message was no longer getting through to the players.

People upset with Yze because he's not dropping certain senior players they want gone clearly don't understand that we don't have the replacements for those players ready to go.

I would have thought Sunday would have given people a clear understanding as to why we haven't just loaded up with all the kids, but apparently not.

What's Newman done? So we employ a bloke just as a placeholder for another coach? Turn it up mate.
Have you seen the poor standards on the field by some of our senior players? Do you think they actually have any respect for this guy by some of their poor efforts and lack of discipline? Yze has set a low bar bc he's allowing them to run the ship and it's looking uglier game by game. Some of the senior players are showing moments where they pick and choose to do whatever they please and when. ThEY DON'T CARE AND NEED TO MOVE ON OR RETIRE AS WE NEED STANDARDS TO LIFT AND IF YZE CAN'T SEE THIS THEN HE WILL DIE ON HIS OWN SWORD.

Have you seen the poor standards on the field by some of our senior players? Do you think they actually have any respect for this guy by some of their poor efforts and lack of discipline? Yze has set a low bar bc he's allowing them to run the ship and it's looking uglier game by game. Some of the senior players are showing moments where they pick and choose to do whatever they please and when. ThEY DON'T CARE AND NEED TO MOVE ON OR RETIRE AS WE NEED STANDARDS TO LIFT AND IF YZE CAN'T SEE THIS THEN HE WILL DIE ON HIS OWN SWORD.
The same players were also undisciplined under Mini and Dimma last year so we cannot blame the new coach.

There's a possibility he still may not be a suitable coach as he was rejected on a numerous occasions prior to us. Maybe Balmey was right about him and we may never know until we see how the future pans out. To me i'm not inspired by him as he seems to be a nice guy and yes man, especially with the senior players as there appears no accountability in dropping them or even dragging them when they are undisciplined. i think he was employed as a large caretaker contracted coach until retirements and duds are gne and Newey will walk in with a fresh list to start the rise of the Tiger again.
Could get hit by a bus if you cross the street too

Life is full of uncertainties TI my friend

Go kick the footy or something, you’re bored

The same players were also undisciplined under Mini and Dimma last year so we cannot blame the new coach.
yes agree, but they were part of that era with mini and Dimma , but with Yze they haven't been. So you're saying then we should have kept mini then;) if Yze wants the same standards? Yze needs to show more control otherwise it's going to unravel faster then he thinks .He's the coach not the teammate.

Could get hit by a bus if you cross the street too

Life is full of uncertainties TI my friend

Go kick the footy or something, you’re bored
Hey K3 we are discussing whether he has a future or not and i'm not sold on him thus far as i see the same cracks opening up more rather than closing. This is early days as he's had a rough initiation into the job with the injuries, but the senior players aren't helping him and he's not helping himself by supporting them. When a lot of things are going wrong in a club you concentrate at least on getting the basics right and he's not even doing this.

Last edited:
Hey K3 we are discussing whether he has a future or not and i'm not sold on him thus far as i see the same cracks opening up more rather than closing. This is early days as he's had a rough initiation into the job with the injuries, but the senior players aren't helping him and he's not helping himself by supporting them. When a lot of things are going wrong in a club you concentrate at last on getting the basics right and he's not even doing this.
Very early days to push a coach out the door already.

People upset with Yze because he's not dropping certain senior players they want gone clearly don't understand that we don't have the replacements for those players ready to go.

I would have thought Sunday would have given people a clear understanding as to why we haven't just loaded up with all the kids, but apparently not.
But it is also the lack of understanding. I wish AFL was like FIFA or videogames were the raw stat number matters. We can't just throw the kids to the wolves without the senior understanding and coaching.

yes agree, but they were part of that era with mini and Dimma , but with Yze they haven't been. So you're saying then we should have kept mini then;) if Yze wants the same standards? Yze needs to show more control otherwise it's going to unravel faster then he thinks .He's the coach not the teammate.
No. I never suggested that we should've kept mini.

Yze has been at the club for a few months, he can't change the culture over night.

No. I never suggested that we should've kept mini.

Yze has been at the club for a few months, he can't change the culture over night.
small steps are easy to take and unfortunately he hasn't taken any yet in what i'm seeing. I believe he has at least to the end of next year to go before we see where he gets us to and where his future stands. He's wasted 4.5months already this year as standards have worsened. At least Dimma would drag players and correct them early in his time and set some standards and authority, whereas YZE has just rolled on with the Dimma and mini show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

small steps are easy to take and unfortunately he hasn't taken any yet in what i'm seeing. I believe he has at least to the end of next year to go before we see where he gets us to and where his future stands. He's wasted 4.5months already this year as standards have worsened. At least Dimma would drag players and correct them early in his time and set some standards and authority, whereas YZE has just rolled on with the Dimma and mini show.
What Dimma and Mini show?

They are gone.

Did he throw away his coaching manual and used Dimma's and Mini's one instead?

No chance.

He is following his own process from what he did at the Dees.

And with a lesser quality playing group ATM.

Dimma had generational players in his squad,a ton of them.

A new fresh start that will take time and patience especially with our injury setback.

The only changes I would make are assistants but who am I too know?

I really think our injury toll has set us back this year but plenty of positives to come out of it.

I remember players like JR and Rance took a while to blossom early on.

We need a KP forward in the draft and another mid.

The club will work it out as they have in the past.

This is not the bad ole days.

What Dimma and Mini show?

They are gone.

Did he throw away his coaching manual and used Dimma's and Mini's one instead?

No chance.

He is following his own process from what he did at the Dees.

And with a lesser quality playing group ATM.

Dimma had generational players in his squad,a ton of them.

A new fresh start that will take time and patience especially with our injury setback.

The only changes I would make are assistants but who am I too know?

I really think our injury toll has set us back this year but plenty of positives to come out of it.

I remember players like JR and Rance took a while to blossom early on.

We need a KP forward in the draft and another mid.

The club will work it out as they have in the past.

This is not the bad ole days.
He is following the same show they left behind. Haven't you noticed and it's actually possibly inferior. of course injuries have set us back, but he started off on the wrong foot by playing the usual suspects and now he's in a predicament bc injuries are rampant and he's got to play them. I know what we need as well as a miracle ,but looking at the thread title "Will he be given enough time?" I
say no unless he starts making the simple and obvious changes which require little imagination or a dollar.

I know wins are important and all but surely we can all agree that finishing bottom 4 this year will actually benefit the club a lot more than extra 3-4 wins and finishing 10-13th

And like TigerTough said with all the injuries it’s created a perfect opportunity to pump as many games into the kids as possible.
Find out who has it and who doesn’t

Yze already proven to be a gun strategic coach with the way he planned against a red hot Swans couple weeks ago
I'd sooner we finished below where we're really at due to injuries, than finish in an inflated position courtesy of an easy draw and player availability.

We are paying the price for success. This was always going to be the case regardless of who was appointed coach. I can see some very good traits in Yze.

Those on here calling for players like K Mac, Pickett, Kozi, JGTI, etc to be axed need to understand the club can't just play kids. They need bigger more mature bodies around them for protection.

Hopefully we can get some good early picks in the next couple of drafts and hopefully it contains some real quality.

Yze needs at least 3 years to show that he can coach. I think by then he will prove that.

Hey K3 we are discussing whether he has a future or not and i'm not sold on him thus far as i see the same cracks opening up more rather than closing. This is early days as he's had a rough initiation into the job with the injuries, but the senior players aren't helping him and he's not helping himself by supporting them. When a lot of things are going wrong in a club you concentrate at least on getting the basics right and he's not even doing this.
How can anyone be sold?

It’s been 5 games and almost half the list injured lol
You weren’t impressed by the Sydney win?

You’re speculating cos you’re bored

Look at Dima
Failure for years before success
It’s just crazy and unrealistic to be sold or not so early

Yep.

Kevin Sheedy won his last premiership at Essendon 16 years after his first. Stuck with the club that gave him the opportunity despite many approaches to leave. Respect.

Mr BBQ Man couldn't get to the door quickly enough once the thought of having to reset the club that gave him the opportunity and backing. F him.

Yep.

Kevin Sheedy won his last premiership at Essendon 16 years after his first. Stuck with the club that gave him the opportunity despite many approaches to leave. Respect.

Mr BBQ Man couldn't get to the door quickly enough once the thought of having to reset the club that gave him the opportunity and backing. F him.
CFL coffee meeting.

How can anyone be sold?

It’s been 5 games and almost half the list injured lol
You weren’t impressed by the Sydney win?

You’re speculating cos you’re bored

Look at Dima
Failure for years before success
It’s just crazy and unrealistic to be sold or not so early
Failure for years bc he actually had the wrong FD behind him. He clearly had the players. In 2017 we changed everything for him. Unfortunately for Yze he will have neither jet players or FD. He’s got a massive job.

Bit of perspective people reality check inherited a list that's bottom 4 , aging senior players and some bad list decisions made by the previous tenure. On top of that a fitness and conditioning, medical department incompetent injuries galore and also changing the way we play.

I reckon this off-season will see him bring a few of his own personal. Question is I'm not sure Livingstone is the right man directing the footy department he aren't good enough to tie Balmey shoelaces.One change already made head of recruitment.

Failure for years bc he actually had the wrong FD behind him. He clearly had the players. In 2017 we changed everything for him. Unfortunately for Yze he will have neither jet players or FD. He’s got a massive job.
I agree to a extent, but Dimma was stubborn to changed his way. People never mention it much but Leppa, McCrae and Blake coming in made a huge difference. One by one they left and he was slowly going back to his ways and the team looked ordinary.

I agree to an extent, but Dimma was stubborn to changed his way. People never mention it much but Leppa, McCrae and Blake coming in made a huge difference. One by one they left and he was slowly going back to his ways and the team looked ordinary.
It was obvious his change from 16 to 20 and then as they left he as you say he just went backwards again.

I like Yze I think he has come in at a difficult time.I saw the players get around him after defeating Saints,given time I am hoping he will make his own team by picking the kids.It is a bit hard for him to do that at the moment, to busy plugging holes.

I would like to see him demand a better medical team,a couple more of his own assistants. Ohhh and stop playing Pickett

Cmon mate

You took it out of context.. he clearly means that Yze is in no risk of losing his job no matter how poor this years performance is…

Not that he’s gonna sit back and smoke joints, sink VB’s and post what best fast food he likes

I know you’re bored and want action but cmon brother…
Common sense stuff
Phew, I was worried he was going to take my role for a moment there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back