Coach Adem Yze - Will he be given enough time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Failure for years bc he actually had the wrong FD behind him. He clearly had the players. In 2017 we changed everything for him. Unfortunately for Yze he will have neither jet players or FD. He’s got a massive job.
Why won’t he have jet players in the future?

You think he’s only around for a year or 2?

You know our draft position for the upcoming draft right?
And it’s gonna be especially insane if baker/graham whoever else leaves too

I know wins are important and all but surely we can all agree that finishing bottom 4 this year will actually benefit the club a lot more than extra 3-4 wins and finishing 10-13th

And like TigerTough said with all the injuries it’s created a perfect opportunity to pump as many games into the kids as possible.
Find out who has it and who doesn’t

Yze already proven to be a gun strategic coach with the way he planned against a red hot Swans couple weeks ago
Wins aren't as important this year as they may have been back in January/February when Yze was expecting to have all his best players available and playing kids here and there as opportunities arose. With the injury crisis that has occurred, Yze is smart enough to understand that the biggest benefit that we can get from this year is the development of those kids who may not have got the same opportunity, and it will be done with the expectation that we win as many games as we're able to for that is where the team will get the most rewards in their development. We could go through the motions and win 4-5 games for the season, but that does nothing when it comes to bringing back the kind of culture that drove us to the success we had to end the last decade.

I mentioned over the weekend that I expect things to get worse before they get better, as we will lose a host of experienced players over the next 6-18 months as more premiership heroes reach the end of the road. Fortunately the injury crisis may not mean it gets to the level that North & WCE fell to over the last couple of seasons, because we're getting a head start of developing the next generation and should at seasons end give our youth a big boost of quality kids from the draft.

Those that are questioning Yze after 6 games in charge with the start that he has had to endure, playing 4 finalists from 2023, major injury issues & unsettled line ups week after week are overreacting and setting themselves up to eat humble pie in the future.

Wins aren't as important this year as they may have been back in January/February when Yze was expecting to have all his best players available and playing kids here and there as opportunities arose. With the injury crisis that has occurred, Yze is smart enough to understand that the biggest benefit that we can get from this year is the development of those kids who may not have got the same opportunity, and it will be done with the expectation that we win as many games as we're able to for that is where the team will get the most rewards in their development. We could go through the motions and win 4-5 games for the season, but that does nothing when it comes to bringing back the kind of culture that drove us to the success we had to end the last decade.

I mentioned over the weekend that I expect things to get worse before they get better, as we will lose a host of experienced players over the next 6-18 months as more premiership heroes reach the end of the road. Fortunately the injury crisis may not mean it gets to the level that North & WCE fell to over the last couple of seasons, because we're getting a head start of developing the next generation and should at seasons end give our youth a big boost of quality kids from the draft.

Those that are questioning Yze after 6 games in charge with the start that he has had to endure, playing 4 finalists from 2023, major injury issues & unsettled line ups week after week are overreacting and setting themselves up to eat humble pie in the future.

IMG_1673.gif

Last edited:

Hey K3 we are discussing whether he has a future or not and i'm not sold on him thus far as i see the same cracks opening up more rather than closing. This is early days as he's had a rough initiation into the job with the injuries, but the senior players aren't helping him and he's not helping himself by supporting them. When a lot of things are going wrong in a club you concentrate at least on getting the basics right and he's not even doing this.
Give up on Yze already. We no you are not a fan.

Why won’t he have jet players in the future?

You think he’s only around for a year or 2?

You know our draft position for the upcoming draft right?
And it’s gonna be especially insane if baker/graham whoever else leaves too
We are going with the present and what the OP has put up. It’s opinions and it’s great we have different ones or at least I have 😂 . You can speculate which is awesome, but can I have my opinion also?

We are going with the present and what the OP has put up. It’s opinions and it’s great we have different ones or at least I have 😂 . You can speculate which is awesome, but can I have my opinion also?
Yeah but you said he will never have jet players or FD in the FUTURE…

Ohhh TI you can make my mind rattle sometimes 🤣🤣

You sure you’re not in wonderland with Noah? 😜

I said neither meaning at the start of his tenure as Dimma did. So he’s starting from a few years back. So will he be given the time ? Not never as you’ve misread my post. This thread is about him getting time not about 4 years on in the future.

I said neither meaning at the start of his tenure as Dimma did. So he’s starting from a few years back. So will he be given the time ? Not never as you’ve misread my post. This thread is about him getting time not about 4 years on in the future.
Oh maybe I’m with Noah then 😝

I quite like what Yze has tried with the game plan, it's been easier on the eyes than the last few years under dimma where everything was erratic and incocnisntent. It also felt like our forwards have a bit more room to go to work. But Ooze doesn't have the cattle now and he's probably realised how inept our strength and conditioning team is, the players aren't fit and strong enough.

He now has a free hit to play all the kids, such a shame the like of Clark won't get a good 15 games in.

This thread is ridiculous this early on.

But for the sake of conversation, its not overly relevant. I said at the time of hiring that there was no "A Grade" options for us & that the majority of the time when a 10+year coach leaves, especially after a dynasty, the next coach in is on a hiding to nothing. If he fails, its not the end of the world, its the next hire we have to worry about.

In saying that, Yze has done all he can so far imo. The list was bottom 7 before injuries - its a joke how bad it is after them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But for the sake of conversation, its not overly relevant. I said at the time of hiring that there was no "A Grade" options for us & that the majority of the time when a 10+year coach leaves, especially after a dynasty, the next coach in is on a hiding to nothing. If he fails, its not the end of the world, its the next hire we have to worry about.

In saying that, Yze has done all he can so far imo. The list was bottom 7 before injuries - its a joke how bad it is after them
You’re failing to take into account when Dimma came in our culture was beginning bc we had BG and co ready to lead the rise with a great list full of young A graders. Poor old Adem has now basically come to a club where culture is down again and the people that built it are leaving or already gone. Then a terrible crop of kids with a few okay ones , a massive injury list, second tier players expecting to request trades and old stars basically cooked. So the thread title question is really relevant to me and not premature bc it’s generating discussion although poor literacy skills of some posters are seeing it as me wanting to sack Yze. 😜 I have never suggested that or even said I don’t like him. I’m unhappy with what I’ve seen to date and he has a massive task ahead of him. I have said IF IF If he continues in his current path he will struggle to keep his job. He cannot afford the comfort of saying all this s**t has happened so I’m ok I won’t be sacked and relax as the club will take pity on me , so he’s safe as a few posters have stated . He needs to be fully committed to leaving no stone unturned as he will be under scrutiny by all stakeholders at the club. IMHO he doesn’t have the time as people are suggesting and hopefully he’s written up a list with plans for the remainder of this year and next year with all the the changes needed and players that he wants on his list. Will all his requests and changes buy him time in two years it’s your guess as I am sceptical? I’m saying he’ll be a miracle worker if he can pull it off and for our sake I hope he can.

Make no mistake, What Yze does this season will impact how the team performs over the next 2-3 years and his future prospect as a senior coach at the club! I hope he makes the right moves and succeeds

In 2023 after 6 games richmond were 16th
With 1 win 1 draw 4 losses,
For- 455 points average 64.61 a game
Against -504 points average 71.78 a game
Teams played, Carlton-Adelaide-Collingwood- bulldogs- Sydney-Melbourne

In 2024 after 6 games richmond are 15th
With 1 win and 5 losses
For 445 points-average 64.61
Against 560 points-average 80.81
Teams played Sons - Carlton- power- Sydney-saints- Eagles
Very very similar starts

But 455 / 6 = 75.83; 504 / 6 = 84; 445 / 6 = 74.16; 560 / 6 = 93.33 🤷‍♂️

You’re failing to take into account when Dimma came in our culture was beginning bc we had BG and co ready to lead the rise with a great list full of young A graders. Poor old Adem has now basically come to a club where culture is down again and the people that built it are leaving or already gone. Then a terrible crop of kids with a few okay ones , a massive injury list, second tier players expecting to request trades and old stars basically cooked. So the thread title question is really relevant to me and not premature bc it’s generating discussion although poor literacy skills of some posters are seeing it as me wanting to sack Yze. 😜 I have never suggested that or even said I don’t like him. I’m unhappy with what I’ve seen to date and he has a massive task ahead of him. I have said IF IF If he continues in his current path he will struggle to keep his job. He cannot afford the comfort of saying all this s**t has happened so I’m ok I won’t be sacked and relax as the club will take pity on me , so he’s safe as a few posters have stated . He needs to be fully committed to leaving no stone unturned as he will be under scrutiny by all stakeholders at the club. IMHO he doesn’t have the time as people are suggesting and hopefully he’s written up a list with plans for the remainder of this year and next year with all the the changes needed and players that he wants on his list. Will all his requests and changes buy him time in two years it’s your guess as I am sceptical? I’m saying he’ll be a miracle worker if he can pull it off and for our sake I hope he can.

Gibcus & Clarke were the 2 most impactful young players & both their injuries just make a joke of the remainder of the season tbh. A rebuilding season where our best rebuilding blocks are rehabbing.

All we can do now is start playing the depth in our squad to make some quicker decisions on them. Guys Like Ryan - no more waiting around - you're 23, time to show you can do it or be moved on. Ryan. Ralph-Smith, Kozzi, Trevise. Cumberland. Ralph-Smith, Coulthard, Dow, Mansell, Colina. There is a chance all those guys are not up to a meanigful AFL level, which if true, we really need to acknowledge and move on from ASAP.

Last edited:

The future is now even back in 2020 the signs were there. Club is going backwards in a big way so much so back to the dark ages. Older players are tired and banged up and injured, and younger players not standing up who knows poor education or more likely poor recruiting. What's this future you're talking about? Are Hawks Eagles North like? Or everyone talks GC who will go nowhere. Back in 17 what was proven was we had the players just poorly managed and coached. New direction get the best available people in success, then let's destroy that and go back to what we were. This time around is going to be so much harder. I have more faith in the VFL team than AFL.

Be careful natives will turn on you for speaking the truth lol

Gibcus & Clarke were the 2 most promising and impactful young players we have recruited and both their injuries just make a joke of the remainder of the season tbh. A rebuilding season where our best rebuilding blocks are rehabbing. All we can do now is start playing the depth in our squad to make some quicker decisions on them. Guys Like Ryan - no more waiting around - you're 23, time to show you can do it or be moved on. Ryan. Ralph-Smith, Kozzi, Trevise. Cumberland. Ralph-Smith, Coulthard, Dow, Mansell, Colina. There is a chance all those guys are not up to a meanigful AFL level, which if true, we really need to acknowledge and move on from ASAP.
Trezise ,Mansell and Ryan stay and Ryan’s lucky bc he’s tall, but I don’t like him. The rest are list cloggers and Banks is on thin ice.

Last edited:

I think you are missing the point of this thread. As said in the OP I am an Yze fan but with the list build it seems that, without trading in or getting an FA, our list is going to get younger and more inexperienced at the end of this year and next year.

Unfortunately people want to see year on year success and I don't think that is actually feasible with Yze until about year 3 of his tenure as that will be the time his squad will start to mature again. I worry that we will be quick to sack him because it is 2026 and we are still 10 - 17 but in that time we have turned the list over and are starting to develop roots.

Dimma was given plenty of time to win premierships and had a good list. We are being overly critical, if we expect Yze to deliver miracles early on.
Dusty/Lids/Cotch/Jack/Rance/Shedda(Dimmas backbone)
Bolton/Balta/Taranto(Yze)
Pretty big gap if you ask me.
Bolton would be the only one who you could say would fit in Dimmas crew quite comfortably.
Alot of work and luck involved ahead.

Dusty/Lids/Cotch/Jack/Rance/Shedda(Dimmas backbone)
Bolton/Balta/Taranto(Yze)
Pretty big gap if you ask me.
Bolton would be the only one who you could say would fit in Dimmas crew quite comfortably.
Alot of work and luck involved ahead.
Plus dimma also had a fit lynch and lambert in his side during our peak

We need some good draft picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back