List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like that Bombers are into Giles. With Ryder most likely to end up at Port, Giles would see Bombers as offering him a better chance of playing AFL games than we would. In Adelaide, he is clearly behind Jacobs as its unlikely that we will play both.

At Bombers he is a pretty good chance to be #1 ruckman. All of a sudden I am getting nervous about missing out on a ready made ruckman in this trade period.

Doesn't matter. Sauce can do it all again in 2015. We'll grab Matty Kruezer as a free agent next year.

It has been reported that Lyons will make a decision on a st Kilda offer over this weekend, I'm just assuming it would take a 2nd round pick to get it done

**** I hope he stays.

Would be a shame to see him tough it out under a hack who wouldn't give him a fair go, only to lose him now.

We identified Lynch and JJ and they didn't and they desperately need another key forward
I understand that we have had some wins. Just seems that Betts aside (and the media consensus at the time was that we overpaid). Those great pick-ups go back to the Rendell days, not that I'm necessarily giving him the credit but it's 3 years ago now.

Agree - both good posts.

I noticed the Hawks visitor who dropped by said Cheney just dosent fit the Hawthorn style - well they are the f....g premiers last 2 years, yet we want someone that does not fit their style. What does that say about our style?
To be fair, each premiership side has their own style.

We've seen us try to copy the Geelong style to little success.

If we want to become premiers then we've got to forge our own style.

Not that that means I'm supporting the idea recruiting Cheney.

Here's hoping we have a second solution.

OK, that's enough.
Our club would end up All Torn Down
I'd hope we'd be "closing in" on someone on "Monday". A few for the devout.
But thankfully the recruiters have seen more of these guys than any of us. I have a reasonable degree of confidence in our recruitment team.

But I'm still not a fan of Schoenmakers....if we get him, he'd want to come cheap. And he'd need to improve.
And cut off that ****ing ridiculous hair. SA is for mullets not buns.
AH, did people completely ignore my post from earlier that stated Lowden has done a medical at Essendon, and the only other interested clubs are GC and Geelong?
IMO more likely to be Grimley based on our track record :(

Fringe players are fringe players. It's a huge trap to place the whole list of the premiership side on a pedestal.

Brisbane traded away a first rounder for Jordan Lisle. I mean that dude had to be good right? He played for Hawthorn and the only reason he didn't get a game was because Roughead and Franklin were ahead of him.

Shane Savage was squeeed out by the elite Hawthorn midfield but surely at struggling club St Kilda he'd be one of their best players.

Trent Dennis-Lane was an amazing Sydney goal sneak but they just couldn't quite fit him into their structure. He would thrive with more responsibility.

Cheney and Lowden have been on an AFL list for 6/7 years. One of them couldn't hack it at Melbourne and the other has played a single game. But apparently they're both best 22 talents for whom we should be excited to give up a good pick.
You are on the money. Remember Evan Hewitt? The gun CHF who couldn't get a game at the Roos behind Carey?

Well he was a spud. I'm not saying these guys are too, but be wary. Just because Schoey, Cheney & Lowden come from Hawthorn doesn't make them any good.

AH, did people completely ignore my post from earlier that stated Lowden has done a medical at Essendon, and the only other interested clubs are GC and Geelong?
Poor kid, huh. Imagine have to decide whether you want to an extend your AFL dream, by signing at a club in complete disarray.

Poor kid, huh. Imagine have to decide whether you want to an extend your AFL dream, by signing at a club in complete disarray.
Not sure what tone or meaning you are putting behind this? Are you saying Lowden will be delisted if he doesn't join Ess?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats fair enough - but the last 2-3 trade periods they have seriously smoked us.

And yes it is important to note what they are doing. At the very least we know they are a top 4 competitor for the next 5 years and we play them twice every year. 8 point games if we are also competing.

Problem is that it's not port.

If our goal is to be the best, and not just mildly entertaining family amusement from time to time then we need to out run the others. Not just keep up, go faster if we want to overtake because we were 10th this year.

What's North done
What's Geelong done
What's hawthorn done
What's port done

What do we look like doing?

You can listen to ostriches like baccs but really, what is our plan to overhaul these guys?

At the very least they have been very good at getting the player they want to fill their needs perfectly. I don't see any evidence, other than Betts, that we have been/are anything close to this. It seems to me that we seem to be satisfied at getting the 4th choice player that only partially fills a need and maybe only a year or 2. Perhaps a broad generalisation but they are certainly better at this. I'm not happy that we seem to be happy getting the fish that John West reject.
You guys do realise we've had draft sanctions which have severely hampered our trading?

You guys do realise we've had draft sanctions which have severely hampered our trading?
True to some extent. Even if Polek chose us, we didn't have enough to satisfy Brisbane. Suspect it wouldn't have mattered anyway. However, we could have got Matt White. This year will be a big test then to see if we can become a destination club of choice by the good players and not just the desperate ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back