List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People not looking at it very well here. We will have ~5 picks in the draft. Better for them all to be on the whole further up the draft...part of that meant downgrading our 2nd rounder. We'll have a top line pick then a lot of mid range picks...much better than being forced to draft more spuds to cover all the delistings we have to make.
Further to this - Crows never liked pick 10. Believe they wanted a high pick as there was a player we were keen on, but gave up on him being available with GWS also keen on him, so have now downgraded as they don't see much difference...in order to upgrade their 2nd.

Two players from the premiership club wanted to come to the AFC. I feel warm inside now. Getting Lowden who I've never heard of makes up for the other guys I've never heard of spurning our club. (Even if we did not want them)
All the clubs to choose from and they chose the AFC. Jesus Christ.

we got back in the second round by downgrading our first round....
so we downgraded pick 10 to 14 simply because we gave up 31 for cheney and lowden?

queue the rabble comments....

We were always going to have to give up something for a ruckman and a KPD.

We addressed a couple of needs with pick 31 I think its worth a roll of the dice.

Plus they are youngish too.
Cheney - kpd - 187 cms.

Further to this - Crows never liked pick 10. Believe they wanted a high pick as there was a player we were keen on, but gave up on him being available with GWS also keen on him, so have now downgraded as they don't see much difference...in order to upgrade their 2nd.
I like what the club has done very shrewed trading indeed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some talk we may miss Durdin now we have 14 and not 10. Did we even want him?

Would've rather us kept pick 31 than had to trade 10 for 14 so that we could get pick 35. A lot easier to find a gun at 10 than 14 even if we don't rate the draft.

Further to this again...think we have picks 14, 35, 43, 50, 59 now. We will draft 5 players (so we needed 5 reasonable picks), 2 rookie upgrades to cover the large list turnover...had to be done!

We gave Geelong our pick 10 and pick 47.
We get pick 14 and pick 35.
We obviously believed we will get our first pick target with 14 and took the opportunity to upgrade our next pick by 12 spots. Bold move, fingers crossed it pays off.

Further to this again...think we have picks 14, 35, 43, 50, 59 now. We will draft 5 players (so we needed 5 reasonable picks), 2 rookie upgrades to cover the large list turnover...had to be done!
Bring on the draft.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back