List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They must be confident in getting a similar quality player at 14 compared to 10... given the apparent evenness of this draft after the first half dozen they're probably right. I like the sound of Weller... hope he's still there at 14!

Further to this again...think we have picks 14, 35, 43, 50, 59 now. We will draft 5 players (so we needed 5 reasonable picks), 2 rookie upgrades to cover the large list turnover...had to be done!
But haven't we delisted 4 and 2 retirees, we bring in 2, that leaves 4 spots unless we decide to delist more, is that what you are alluding to? Otherwise I can only see us using 3 and upgrading Charlie alone, no others.. Which means either way the 59 was not ever going to be used, for us to use them all AND upgrade 2 rookies means we have another 3 delistings to do, surely not, maybe 1 or 2 at most.. Cannot see us using 59

We just pissed 31 up against the wall to help the 2's??????
And of course its gift wrapped with a pretty bow to Hawthorn. FFS!!!!!
Not much difference between 31 and 34 that we got from Geelong. Obviously going from pick 10 to 14 suggests that the player earmarked at the first pick will still be there at 14.Wonder who that is??

Further to this again...think we have picks 14, 35, 43, 50, 59 now. We will draft 5 players (so we needed 5 reasonable picks), 2 rookie upgrades to cover the large list turnover...had to be done!
So does that mean we probably won't be doing any more list changes?

So the likes of Martin and L.Thompson are likely to remain on the list for 2015? Guess we could obviously delist one for a PSD pick but we're pretty set with the current list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what's the wash up?

Cheney
Lowden
Pick 14
Pick 35
Pick 43
Pick 59

Happy to back the club in on this. Cheney and Lowden are both depth where we seriously need it. Lost 4 spots each in the first and second round, which is unlikely to be a big deal, given that it's supposedly pretty even outside the top 5. If we have a fair idea of who wants what, and expect who we want to last to our picks, we've addressed a need at zero cost. Plus an upgrade in the third round!

Good trading.

I really want to be critical, because it's so much less exciting than some of the rumours, but it's good trading.

Edit: fixed errors

Last edited:

We don't have 50 - went to Hawks.

Right now, we have 4 list vacancies. 14, 35, 43, 59 (Cameron)

If we delist more, then the upgrade moves out (86 or 104)

But haven't we delisted 4 and 2 retirees, we bring in 2, that leaves 4 spots unless we decide to delist more, is that what you are alluding to? Otherwise I can only see us using 3 and upgrading Charlie alone, no others.. Which means either way the 59 was not ever going to be used, for us to use them all AND upgrade 2 rookies means we have another 3 delistings to do, surely not, maybe 1 or 2 at most.. Cannot see us using 59
I would say there will be more list chops!

I like it Cheney will play and be good while Lowden has ability and gives us a backup ruck.

Downgrade of 31 but upgrading the later picks nice move.
Exactly.... essentially we've pick up Lowden and Cheney for the gap between 10 and 14 when you net things out...... the difference between the later picks is marginal. Not great.... solid....... but by no means a bad result as some are claiming.
I'm pretty happy with Ryan O'Keefe getting on board just quietly ...:thumbsu:

BS we did. The fact that we gave up pick 31 at the 11th hour for 2 guys who aren't in hawthorns first choice 26 would mean hawthirn held fast and we caved in.
upload_2014-10-16_13-48-56.jpeg

I didn't think we would ever be capable of the Geelong exchange of picks. That's extroadinary.

Thank god that's
giphy.gif
over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back