AFC Asian Cup - Final: Australia v Japan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blame Carney all you like but we lost it by continually putting high balls into the area waiting for the perfect header.
It's a good ploy every now and then but every single time........ FFS!!!!
So freaking predictable.
Any chance of a through ball in the middle occasionally or perhaps someone might even be able to dribble. No we'll just lob it up in hope of a header that wont happen.
Grrrrr very frustrating.

Hopefully that is the last time we will ever see Kewell and Carney in Australian jerseys. Both singlehandedly cost Australia this match.

Cahill played injured

hopefully this the end for

Schawrzer Time for some new blood
Neil
Ogenovski
Emerton
Kewell
North

Time for

Langerak
Federici
Devere
OAR
Leijer
Djite
Ruka (on the wing)
Franjic
Rose
More Robbie Kruse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant believe the stick Kewell is copping, yes he should've buried that chance but he has been close to our player of the tournament

Geez our boys look shattered, Wilkshire and Carney especially :(

Cant believe the stick Kewell is copping, yes he should've buried that chance but he has been close to our player of the tournament

Geez our boys look shattered, Wilkshire and Carney especially :(
How many chances can you miss in 1 game?

Good I hope this is the last time Carney wears the Australian shirt that is absolutely terrible. YOU ALWAYS MARK YOUR MAN AND NOT THE BALL YOU ARE TAUGHT THAT IN UNDER 14'S!!!!If he stays on the man there if the ball bounces at the front post it doesn't matter nobody is there Schwarzer will just pick it up. ITS A ****ING JOKE PLAYERS LIKE THIS PLAY FOR AUSTRALIA **** THESE ********S OFF WHO CANT PERFORM WHEN IT MATTERS

Can't fault the effort, we gave it everything. Always proud. I don't want to join the charge for scapegoats. As Stinger says, let's just hope this drives us on next time.

Took some goal to win it.
Nobody within 5 metres of him he didn't even hit it in the corner it was an easy finish. Only a choker aka Kewell would've put it 10 metres above the goal.

Nah I think the players did pretty well with the gameplan.
Just playing the same tactics all night with no plan B found us out.
We had chances to score and we wasted them.
It's as if no Australian player could either pass or strike a ball along the ground.
We just needed some of that type of movement. A bit of variety would have been good.

You must be some player then.

Missed the game with an injury?
If that is on my right foot with nobody near me it's in. He had so much goal to aim at he didn't even need to put it in the corner (which he didn't). Easy finish only a spud misses that.

Some pretty poor comments in this thread

The players gave their all in a tough tournament and basically the only thing that prevented us from winning was some poor finishing

Obviously every player who misses a scoring chance in a tight game is a choker :rolleyes:

We are all disappointed but get some perspective and be proud of our team

Some pretty poor comments in this thread

The players gave their all in a tough tournament and basically the only thing that prevented us from winning was some poor finishing

Obviously every player who misses a scoring chance in a tight game is a choker :rolleyes:

We are all disappointed but get some perspective and be proud of our team
Fact - Kewell had about 3-4 chances and how many were atleast on target? Only one I can remember is the 1 on 1 he had where he had an hour to line up the shot but still had it saved all he had to do was lift it up a little bit and the keeper was no chance.

Fact - What Carney did or didn't do was know how to defend. That shit is not international standard. He was on that man then just ran off him for god knows what reason? To mark some empty grass on the front post and leave that Jap completely free right infront of the goal?****ING USELESS

This country is cursed in this sport.
Not taking your chances isn't unlucky; it's a lack of polish and class in front of goal. We've never had a real genuine clasy striker come to think of it.

What else is frustrating is we conceded just two goals in the whole freaking tournament but both were massive brain fades that should not happen at this level. Against Korea we went asleep from a long goalkeeper's throw and tonight was schoolboy stuff not marking your opponent in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back