Autopsy AFL 2016, Round 10 - What have you liked, learnt or loved?

Remove this Banner Ad

Learnt - I hate this board

Liked - St Kilda didn't lose

Loved - Carlton. I'm so on that bandwagon. Love their intensity and their teamwork - they are gelling so well together.

I also learnt that most of the teams you can pretty much expect anything from them. Who even wants to win the flag this year?
We do! Sometime I believe we will, and then rhe alarm goes off and it's time to get up.and get ready for work.

Loved - The fact that Josh Kennedy shouldn't miss a crucial game against the Bulldogs unless he pulls up sore, baby is born.

Liked - Indigenous Round, the Dream Time game is the spectacle but the AFL do the weekend as a whole well.

Carlton, what has been done in half a season of playing can't be underestimated. Beat a genuine top 8 team whilst being 2 rotations down for the majority of the game.

Learnt - 2 big games next weekend with 4 of the 5 clubs now sitting equal third facing off. Geelong v GWS (coming off losses), Bulldogs v West Coast (coming off wins)

As opposition fans we might call him a dirty sniping p***k but there is some love amongst the AFL (not just at Hawthorn) for Jordan Lewis.

Melbourne need to scrap that home game at Traeger Park. I think its great that games are being brought to the NT but you can argue in that particular game, amongst other reasons, that a game at Etihad may have swayed the result. If you look at it as a business and marketing decision to make money for a non powerhouse club it has definite merit but if they are in the mix to play finals by the turn of the next decade than giving up a home ground advantage is not ideal.

Up to Round 10 Eddie Betts has GOTY.

Darcy Byrne Jones should have a Rising Star nomination by tonight

Hated - Injuries to key players (fantasy relevant post for me)

Every club has a player who does it so not pointing fingers at one team but for an individual player Lindsay Thomas took the head high free kick to new levels last Friday. I know its half way through the year and a poor time to start cracking down on it but it needs to be umpired better to stop players deliberately going for the head high kick straight away. The less they get rewarded the less they will do it, hopefully!

As much as I hate Thomas .and I do
To be fair he sits just outside the top ten in the league worst offenders ( that still makes him elite in the stat though ) Joel selwood is so far out in front it's not funny ...so yep he's bad but there are others worse who should be coming under as much scrutiny as him

I learnt that people who claim Fremantle are tanking have no idea about football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back