Autopsy AFL 2016, Round 9 - What have you liked, learnt and hated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked - Giants finally getting widespread respect and rivals really hating us. Dockers losing again...can't get enough of it.

Learnt - If the Dogs don't beat us this year they won't for the next 5 either, our ceiling is so much higher.

Hated - This business of players deliberately pushing other players into collisions has to stop. It is a dead set dog act and will end up in a bloke breaking his neck.

Suban got Riewoldt on Saturday night and it could have ended in tears.

Someone's a bit bitter about Freo for some weird reason.

Mind you I treat that with irrelevance given that's what the Giants would be without 101 concessions

Liked: Nothing

Learnt : 1) Losing to a bottom side is a sure fire indicator that you're not going to win the flag, every year comes a round when i know Geelong will not make the grade. This round was it, they are top 4 frauds and IMO actually scared of the tougher and better coached Collingwood. Talent alone doesn't always get you over the line. The Pies have kicked 22 goals in 3QTRs from the NAB cup to QTR time Saturday against Geelong. The Cats can't win it this year. They are not tough enough. Thankfully they don't play the boogey men again this year, they might get some sleep and wake up next week?

2) It's down to 4 maybe 5 teams only. Roos, Giants, Swans, Dogs and Hawks. Forget the rest.

Hated: Obviously losing to the rabble!

Turn it up! Had a bad day to a hungrier team. Can't win every game. Just a shame it was the pies!

Weve travelled three times interstate

Don't worry about it. AFL released an assessment of the hardest/easiest draws so far last week, based on how many games the teams you've played have won. There were 6 teams with easier so far than North, including Sydney, WC and the Dogs. But people continue to ignore that.

We've had a decent draw no doubt, but from here on it's the worst in the comp by a mile, so we needed to take advantage of the reasonable start.

I await the enforcement crackdown on encroachment in the protected zone in 3, 2, 1...

Also is it just me, or does nobody actually care about the rushed behind thing? I never even understood why they bothered to make it a rule. Teams want to ice the clock, good luck to them. Other teams should just get in a winning position earlier or think their way out of it. My suggestion is take down a player 50m from the goalsquare to force the ball out. :)
Remember the 08 GF when Hawks took it back and put it through from outside their 50 at times. Not saying it wasn't a legitimate tactic at the time, just that it forced a rule change.

Liked

The contest on Friday night and love for Roughy
Richmond and Nate Anderson, his the young fellow the amputated leg who got to be team mascot

Hated

Jonas's hit on Gaff and Dawson's swinging elbow on Morris
Mark Ricciuto defending the action of Jonas, i get its not in character and the guy plays close to the edge but you can't defend that

Learnt

They beat the Suns comprehensively but are Adelaide escaping the "beat up on lesser teams" tag?
Without tall forward help for Gunston I'm not sure if a Hawks 4peat is on the cards
Will bank the 4 points but West Coast's win doesn't mean to much - yet. They lost the plot when Gaff went down
Sydney vs North is a must watch game, interesting to see if North play tall to try and stretch the Swans backs

Long memories of... last year. :\

In regards to McCarthy but we also remember the stuff from others towards our club.

Some of the stuff re the crowds/membership continues but that's ok.

It will just make it so much more enjoyable as we start reversing the floggings.

People can cry all they like about draft picks, won't change anything at all.

In regards to McCarthy but we also remember the stuff from others towards our club.

Some of the stuff re the crowds/membership continues but that's ok.

It will just make it so much more enjoyable as we start reversing the floggings.

People can cry all they like about draft picks, won't change anything at all.

Having to put up with mean comments for 3-4 whole years, you poor soul. Richmond/Melbourne/Freo/WB fans scoff at the thinness of your skin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long memories? Your franchise(can't bring myself to call you a club) has been around 5 mins. What could you possibly have long memories about?

We remember all the rubbish about the plastic club, the stuff about us being thrown out because of the heavy losses and the jibes about lack of support which still occurs.

But it's all fine.

Now we are going to deal out a decade of punishment to clubs like yours and you can cry all you like but nobody is going to hear you.

So call us a franchise or plastic or whatever you want but we'll be at the G in September whilst your "club" is buying fake Rolex's from Ketut in Bali.

We remember all the rubbish about the plastic club, the stuff about us being thrown out because of the heavy losses and the jibes about lack of support which still occurs.

But it's all fine.

Now we are going to deal out a decade of punishment to clubs like yours and you can cry all you like but nobody is going to hear you.

So call us a franchise or plastic or whatever you want but we'll be at the G in September whilst your "club" is buying fake Rolex's from Ketut in Bali.
Win a flag, then gloat.
Or, just enjoy the wins and progress the Giants are making.

Liked: GWS & Melbourne.
4th time this - Tippa. Will throw in Mitch Brown too. More 4 goal efforts from him will make a world of difference to us.

Hated: Gold Coast injury list. Decimating a club that should be up there with GWS.
Commentators. I can't seem to think of anyone who had a decent call this weekend. Probably time to invest in some professional callers and dump the ex-players who spout endless mindless drivel & media personalities who are passed it.

Learnt: Merrett & Petracca. On their way to being elite mids. Two of the best kids i've seen in traffic.

And my club will be there in October while you sit there wondering WTH happened ;)

But it's all fine.

I have no doubt that your gift-wrapped flag(s) will soon arrive. Courtesy of the AFL and all the other clubs' stupidity. You shouldn't have half the talented players you do.

Liked: (1) All the good thoughts from all corners for Rough. (2) The Pies win. Just another twist to keep things interesting.
Learnt: Re-affirmed...that I have NFI who will win or even qualify for this year's GF. Wide open. GWS may not need to lose one to win one.
Hated: (1) The Rough news. (2) AFL fans that seem to actively look for reasons to be outraged.

Jonas hit was as corwardly as they come. Yes I agree with your point that any top 8 team is beatablbe. Richmond beating Sydney, Collingwood beating Geelong. THere are no gimmes in the AFL which is great.
Liked: Dogs finally playing an interstate game almost half way through the season. Ridiculously lopsided and unfair fixture.

Learnt: GWS and Sydney are real contenders (the latter we probably already knew), Hawthorn are very beatable and so are the Doggies.

Hated: Late hits on opponents, Dawson and Jonas. Especially Jonas, that was ******* disgraceful. 6+ weeks yeah?

Looking forward to: Friday Night!

Liked - Giants finally getting widespread respect and rivals really hating us. Dockers losing again...can't get enough of it.

Learnt - If the Dogs don't beat us this year they won't for the next 5 either, our ceiling is so much higher.

Hated - This business of players deliberately pushing other players into collisions has to stop. It is a dead set dog act and will end up in a bloke breaking his neck.

Suban got Riewoldt on Saturday night and it could have ended in tears.
Your celing is about the height of mount everist mate. Your team is scary good and you still have Phil Davis, Ryan Griffen to come back and you can still throw ing Adam Tomlinson and Jack Steele yikes. It just shows instead of paying outragesous amounts of money for one player like Gary Ablett. You guys built a core group of young stars.

Remember the 08 GF when Hawks took it back and put it through from outside their 50 at times. Not saying it wasn't a legitimate tactic at the time, just that it forced a rule change.

No it didn't force anything. They chose to make the change. I didn't have an issue with it personally (rushing a behind).

Not nearly as ridiculous as North Melbourne's.

We had two games in QLD relatively early when it was 30+ and humid, where we have had a relatively poor record, I don't think any North supporters considered these easy games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back