Forecast for the rest of Friday
Summary
cloudy.png

Max 14
Cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 5%
rain_5.gif

Geelong and Surf Coast area
Cloudy. Winds westerly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the late afternoon.

PREVIEW

After a three-week hiccup, the Cats have steadied the ship over the past fortnight and have seen off the Western Bulldogs and Port Adelaide to climb back to third on the ladder after falling to fifth. Their two-point win over the Power came in thrilling circumstances with Patrick Dangerfield kicking the sealer with 90 seconds remaining after some Joel Selwood heroics. Meanwhile, the Crows have also won two on the trot after dropping games to North Melbourne and Melbourne. Since then, they've made a mess of the Brisbane Lions and Fremantle, with Andy Otten the hero on Saturday night with four goals against the Dockers in the wet that helped ascertain the Crows as ladder leaders by percentage from Greater Western Sydney. Both teams have player milestones to celebrate, with Tom Hawkins scheduled for his 200th game and Josh Jenkins his 100th, in what will be the Cats' third straight game at their revamped home fortress.

Expect a cracker game tonight with both midfields firing.

Kiss of Death: Cats by 5

Geelong by 5 or 6 goals.

Crows just don't perform in big games like this. Hawkins to be a handful and Henderson and Mackie to clean up across half back when the crows bomb it in the forward 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the crows are favourites with all the betting agencies is astounding.. haven't won there in 14 years, Geelong rarely lose these, crows haven't beaten the cats in 4 years.
Some easy money to make tonight for punters out there. I think Geelong over 15 points is or was paying $3? head to head is $2.20

Ripper of a game and a nightmare for tipping. Gone Adelaide but I have no confidence
Goodluck! They have healthy winning percentage of 15 down there. 3 wins from 19 games.

I'd favour either with home ground advantage, so my head says Geelong. I think it's an important game for the Crows to win against the grain and potentially show their premiership credentials. I think they'll show up, we are probably advantaged by a Geelong win.
But go the Crows!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back