AFL 2017 - R11 - North Melbourne v Richmond 19:25 AEST Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

This is awkward, but Scott Thompson actually said after the 2013 game when you were out of contention that they prepared for the match against Richmond like a mini-Grand Final.

Rubbish

Moving on. A fairly flat horizontal line except for about the first 12 minutes in the 3rd quarter when richmond turned a 2 point deficit in to a 4 goal lead.

377135_42880a875bafec4e424cac4edb2c6b64.png

Hmmmm, I wonder what happened then? What startling display from richmond allowed this to occur?

Rubbish

Moving on. A fairly flat horizontal line except for about the first 12 minutes in the 3rd quarter when richmond turned a 2 point deficit in to a 4 goal lead.

Hmmmm, I wonder what happened then? What startling display from richmond allowed this to occur?

He said it in an after match interview mate. He said since you guys were out of contention and Richmond were a big club that were in the 8 that you were treating it like a mini-Grand final.

That's where all this #weareeveryonesgrandfinal talk that some of the other Richmond supporters post comes from.

Rubbish

Funnily enough I got up and watched the 3rd qtr again, the 50's were all there, however there were a few dubious norf free kicks that resulted in goals to you so the margin should have been bigger.

Funnily enough I got up and watched the 3rd qtr again, the 50's were all there, however there were a few dubious norf free kicks that resulted in goals to you so the margin should have been bigger.

Yeah mate. Right.

I don't know why the richmond fans are so up and about.

Take away the 3 gift wrapped goals and you only beat us by 17 points, and our unforced errors were completely off the charts.

Again, I figure last night was their premiership.
Yeah good point. You were so s**t that even with everything going right you still wouldn't have made the line.

Connolly sums it up well

The Tigers' pressure was top-notch, time and again forcing the Roos to turn the ball over. That was going to take some correction for the Roos to hang on to the narrowest of leads. What North absolutely couldn't afford was to go and shoot themselves in the foot as well.

But that's precisely what happened in the decisive first 10 minutes of the second half. Within a minute of the restart, Jack Riewoldt was held by Robbie Tarrant. As he shaped to take a free kick, Scott Thompson slung Josh Caddy even closer to goal. Result? A "gimme" for Richmond.

Not three minutes later, Shaun Grigg with the ball in his hands, Tarrant infringed on Riewoldt again downfield. Result? Another gift.

It was pretty simple stuff, and often simply a case of capitalising on North's errors, 13 of Richmond's first 14 scores in the game the result of the Roos' turnovers, the bulk of which weren't the result of any great pressure.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ma...ers-feast-on-sloppy-roos-20170603-gwjtwt.html

They had the game handed to them on a platter. The umpires simply applied the salad dressing.

Loving the Tigers fans getting up and about after a win against 13th.

Finals bound. This is the year!

We've all seen this movie before.
I forgot how much of a sook you are.
Great fun, can't wait until Kelly and Martin snub you.

Nope you got banned for being a scumbag, who takes getting personal to a new level.
The hypocrisy of your first line leading into the second is pretty funny;)

Warranted or unwarranted, it changed the momentum of the game completely.

Even a complete moron could see that.
Guess your players are mentally weak if they let that effect them

A good team would regroup and fight back

Didn't realise until last night how one paced norths midfield is.

Ziebell is so slow and Cunnington is just a contributor. Probably the least effective top midfield duo of all the clubs in the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess your players are mentally weak if they let that effect them

A good team would regroup and fight back

Agree. A top 8 side would have fought back and beaten richmond last night.

Connolly sums it up well

The Tigers' pressure was top-notch, time and again forcing the Roos to turn the ball over. That was going to take some correction for the Roos to hang on to the narrowest of leads. What North absolutely couldn't afford was to go and shoot themselves in the foot as well.

But that's precisely what happened in the decisive first 10 minutes of the second half. Within a minute of the restart, Jack Riewoldt was held by Robbie Tarrant. As he shaped to take a free kick, Scott Thompson slung Josh Caddy even closer to goal. Result? A "gimme" for Richmond.

Not three minutes later, Shaun Grigg with the ball in his hands, Tarrant infringed on Riewoldt again downfield. Result? Another gift.

It was pretty simple stuff, and often simply a case of capitalising on North's errors, 13 of Richmond's first 14 scores in the game the result of the Roos' turnovers, the bulk of which weren't the result of any great pressure.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ma...ers-feast-on-sloppy-roos-20170603-gwjtwt.html

They had the game handed to them on a platter. The umpires simply applied the salad dressing.
Exactly. This win is nothing special. Just a win against a bad club. No Richmond supporters should be celebrating

Although North supporters shouldn't be making out like the result is anything other than what was expected either

Can't believe you guys sacked Boomer. You realise your lack of respect for players is one reason Martin won't go near your club, right?

Exactly. This win is nothing special. Just a win against a bad club. No Richmond supporters should be celebrating

Agree, Richmond were nothing special at all last night. I actually went in to the game with a higher opinion of them. I came out of the game with a diminished view.

Although North supporters shouldn't be making out like the result is anything other than what was expected either

Go back to the first few posts and you will see that I tipped Richmond to win. However, the means by which victory was achieved was not foreseen at all.

Can't believe you guys sacked Boomer. You realise your lack of respect for players is one reason Martin won't go near your club, right?

You started well, but fell right off the cliff here. Lift your game.

Connolly sums it up well

Not three minutes later, Shaun Grigg with the ball in his hands, Tarrant infringed on Riewoldt AGAIN downfield. Result? Another gift.

I highlighted some other important parts.

We beat North with Sam Lloyd as our CHF and second tall.

So what?

A third of our 22 last night have played less than 30 games.

Let that sink in for a minute.

What is your point? Make it an intelligent response or you will be ignored. Conversing with me is a privilege.

He could come to us and play for a club that.. you know.. wins finals.

Or he could stay at Richmond.
Haha you're delusional if you think Dusty is going to north to chase success. Success isnt getting smashed in preliminary finals. Only reason dusty goes to north is $$$$

You missed the second quarter obviously?
Just curious if you still think Hansen is a better forward then Riewoldt?

This is a guy who was using a picture of a disabled richmond supporter to mock richmond fans on the north board last night, im not sure you can expect reason or sensibility.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back