Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 11 - Crows v Pies Tues August 11th 6:35pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who won a d by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have never seen such pessimism lol Sure, we have some stars out. But we also have a team with good players. Play well and they'll win. No doubt Crows will do everything they can to win, but they are lacking a midfield at the moment.
We still have a great defence. If we can manage to score, we'll win.

have a little faith.

I have never seen such pessimism lol Sure, we have some stars out. But we also have a team with good players. Play well and they'll win. No doubt Crows will do everything they can to win, but they are lacking a midfield at the moment.
We still have a great defence. If we can manage to score, we'll win.

have a little faith.

If we manage to put up a decent score then that'd a lot different to what we have done so far this year, and for the bulk of last year as well.

We'd definitely win if we can do that, question is can we.

This would be the worst side Collingwood have named for many years. Surely this is it for Adelaide if they are going to win a game this season. Start will be all important, if the pies get off to their usual flyer then I think they will hold on. If they have to chase the game though it will get interesting. Crows at $3.5 seem decent value. Just need to match the intensity they played with against Essendon a few weeks ago.

Spot on. Told my Richmond supporting brother in law who never stopped talking about the heartbreak of following Richmond pre 2017, he has no idea. He still doesn't. They have won their last two flags by huge margins as well as the finals leading up to the GFs. No stress, no shattering last minute where the flag is ripped from your hands. No other club comes close. Christ, even the last two years have seen a five point GF loss and a 4 point prelim loss. I've seen us lose 11 GF's and many prelims by narrow margins too. Terry Waters died last week. He could so easily have been a revered triple premiership player and premiership captain but for a couple of bad bounces and bad calls. 4 points in 64, 1 point in 66 and 10 points in 70 after leading by 8 goals late in the second term. Instead, he dies without a flag to his name. That's a snapshot of the Collingwood story.
‘The flag is ripped from your hands’ You mean how you haven’t played well enough and let the opposition take their opportunities? Please, just admit you haven’t been good enough. In 2018 you just didn’t deserve it, you should’ve buried west coast by half time. They did everything right where you didn’t.

‘Bad bounces and bad calls’ so basically a heap of excuses? And before you do the whole ‘Melbourne are s**t’ routine. I know that, I make no excuses for my club being a basket case. They deserve all they get for being a weak club from top down.

‘The flag is ripped from your hands’ You mean how you haven’t played well enough and let the opposition take their opportunities? Please, just admit you haven’t been good enough. In 2018 you just didn’t deserve it, you should’ve buried west coast by half time. They did everything right where you didn’t.

‘Bad bounces and bad calls’ so basically a heap of excuses? And before you do the whole ‘Melbourne are sh*t’ routine. I know that, I make no excuses for my club being a basket case. They deserve all they get for being a weak club from top down.

Can you just go away? This isn't a match thread for Collingwood vs Melbourne. It's disrespectful.

Pies by 70. Hartigan in for Talia means someone is kicking 5 tonight and that alone is enough to beat 3.4.22 so when you add the inevitable other contributors from the Pies it'll blow out.

And anyway, even if by some miracle we keep it close through the match, our fitness is non-existent so the 4th qtr fade will reoccur.

‘Bad bounces and bad calls’ so basically a heap of excuses? And before you do the whole ‘Melbourne are sh*t’ routine. I know that, I make no excuses for my club being a basket case. They deserve all they get for being a weak club from top down.

Only a fool would suggest that luck is not involved in any game where the winning margin is less than a kick. Not good enough? We weren't good enough in 1980. So West Coast weren't good enough when they lost to Sydney by a couple of points with the ball 20 metres from their goals and Sydney weren't good enough when they lost by a point to the Eagles the following year? What tosh! Christ- we even lost a night grand final when the umpire didn't hear the siren sound two seconds before Kerry Good marked the ball. I suppose we simply weren't good enough that night too? A McKenna mark is paid, a Harmes' tap gets called out of bounds, a Rocca goal is paid a goal, a block on Maynard is called a block as it was all year until the GF, and a bouncing mongrel punt goes out of bounds instead of through for a behind and we could have another5 premiership cups in the cabinet.

How many times do AFL coaches sigh with relief and say the siren sounded just at the right time-it could have gone either way after a narrow win?

To suggest we have not been cruelled by the football gods time and time again is utterly ridiculous.

I am actually looking forward to this match. The Pies should win but I have a feeling that the Crows will break their duck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide are awful, but that named Collingwood side isn't a safe bet, this is a huge danger game for them and dropping what would be a certain 4 points if they were full strength could have a big impact on their position at end of year, they'd need to get this win back somewhere.

Based on that and the slightly shorter break, I reckon this might be the Crows best shot at winning a game. Never thought I'd say that but that's how the cards have fallen. Collingwood at $1.25 is stupidly short favourites, it's a lot closer than that.

Surely Collingwood are ripe for the picking. Missing half their side and against a winless side who will be chomping at the teeth to record a win.

I've tipped Collingwood but will bet on Adelaide as those odds are too good.

Surely Collingwood are ripe for the picking. Missing half their side and against a winless side who will be chomping at the teeth to record a win.

I've tipped Collingwood but will bet on Adelaide as those odds are too good.

Save your money. You blokes are a better change against GC as outsiders.

Back