Opinion AFL 2023 Round 12 - Liked, learnt, hated

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree. Split second wrong decisions that are careless are different to the thuggery we used to see in the 70s,80s etc. I realise DeGoeys act was worse than Plugger on Peter Cavan according to most but no one was pissing their pants with anger when Pickett and McAdam did similar earlier in the year
Yes they ******* were😂 some people were comparing both to attempted murder

Liked - Finally winning a close one.

Learned - There are too many complex rules and 4 umpires just confuses things more.

Hated - Whoever was in charge of all the ridiculous rule changes like the stand rule, it's embarrassing to see a player 6 inches off his mark give away a 50 and goal for what is an umpires interpretation.
That's current Geelong CEO Steve Hocking.

I laughed at an earlier post from a Cats fan who said their team was struggling to understand the rule changes. They employed the *er who made all of them for their benefit.

Liked : Cats win, Sunday games, Gold Coast, North and Wardlaw

Learnt : If Cats can stay within striking distance they can do what the Hawks did in 2014.

Hated : Footscray's performance. Inept, pea hearts.

That's current Geelong CEO Steve Hocking.

I laughed at an earlier post from a Cats fan who said their team was struggling to understand the rule changes. They employed the *er who made all of them for their benefit.
Yeah what a mess he made of the game, with knee jerk rule changes every 4 weeks or so that then cease to be paid after a couple of months. Fortunately for him the boys club always protects its own.

Liked: Hawthorns fight back in the second half and North Melbournes entire game. Both showed different things to give their fans some faith in the direction of their clubs

Learned: Youth isn’t the be all and end all but the wrong veterans can be costly, Shiels did an amazing job on Merrett but * me Ziebell and Hall were awful and cost north the win with their turnovers.

Hated: Per a lot of people, umpiring has reached a new low. 4 field umpires is at least one, if not two too many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back