Remove this Banner Ad

Learnt.
-I know sweet FA about footy.
-It's Pies to lose.
-One of above is untrue.

Liked.
-H1 Bombers was unreal.

Respect.
-Saints, undermanned, underpriviliged, plenty of plucking pluck and refusal to throw it in, with little going their way.

Liked: Dons blitz in H1. I was dubious going to the ground we could handle the crows after a tough game v Port.
Ben Hobbs = delicious. Ladies and Gentleman, your new Joel Selwood
Rankine v Kelly was a great contest to watch. Reckon it was split points.

Nick Daicos. Never thought there'd be a father son combo better than Gaz and Gaj....Nick, Josh & Pete is pretty good

Crows. i still like the crows. they didn't start well but they keep going and kick well. 90s to go, 3 goal lead. i wasn't confident with their momentum.

Learned: Freo need an exorcist. Most disappointing team this season. Longmuir needs to rethink what they're doing.
Blues month has been handy for them and confidence.

Hated: AFL scheduling. Dons are too big for Marvel and if Adelaide are playing finals this year they should be playing the G this year. It really shits me when non-Vic sides aren't scheduled there, esp when the ground isnt being used

Hated: AFL scheduling. Dons are too big for Marvel and if Adelaide are playing finals this year they should be playing the G this year. It really shits me when non-Vic sides aren't scheduled there, esp when the ground isnt being used
Can't blame the afl for this when your mob signed the contract

Liked - Geelong’s climb back to the top 8.
Learned- Freo is bad home and away.
Hated- St Kilda’s injuries.

Can't blame the afl for this when your mob signed the contract
sure i can. i didnt sign the contract.
no doubt the Dons love it. they play the ground fairly well, get good $$ and the atmosphere builds up.

but personally, i don't think non-vic sides should play the G as often as possible.

Crows have played Dogs (Ballarat), Pies (G), Dons (Marvel), Hawks (Tas) and Cats (GMHBA), with one more game at the G v the Dees in the run home.
How are they expected to have enough exposure to the ground the GF is played on.

Last edited:
Liked: Touhy presentation at the cattery!
Learnt: Freo are cooked!
Hated: Max King injury

sure i can. i didnt sign the contract.
no doubt the Dons love it. they play the ground fairly well, get good $$ and the atmosphere builds up.

but personally, i don't think non-vic sides should play the G as often as possible.

Crows have played Dogs (Ballarat), Pies (G), Dons (Marvel), Hawks (Tas) and Cats (GMHBA), with one more game at the G v the Dees in the run home.
How are they expected to have enough exposure to the ground the GF is played on.

Bulldogs have played the MCG twice this year, last time in Round 4 (8 April v Richmond). Your point is well made, but it affects VIC sides as well (probably only the Saints and the Bulldogs given the other Marvel tenants get a bunch of MCG games).

Not that the Bulldogs or Saints are likely to do much damage this year in finals, given the gap between the top 2-3 and the rest. But exposure to the GF ground is an issue for many teams.

Edit: Saints even worse off with only one (!) game at the MCG this year, given they played against Collingwood in Gather Round when that would probably have been at the MCG.

Bulldogs have played the MCG twice this year, last time in Round 4 (8 April v Richmond). Your point is well made, but it affects VIC sides as well (probably only the Saints and the Bulldogs given the other Marvel tenants get a bunch of MCG games).

Not that the Bulldogs or Saints are likely to do much damage this year in finals, given the gap between the top 2-3 and the rest. But exposure to the GF ground is an issue for many teams.

Edit: Saints even worse off with only one (!) game at the MCG this year, given they played against Collingwood in Gather Round when that would probably have been at the MCG.
that's fair too.
Funnily enough, your last home final ('21 covid aside) was at the G. Against the Crows

Liked: A win is a win...

Learnt: Freo, Saints and Crows are not good enough this year. GWS are hanging around like a bad smell, they are a tough side.
Only a major disaster can stop the Pies from winning it all this year

Hated: Umpires are still too on the whistle, deliberate out of bounds is a joke'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's fair too.
Funnily enough, your last home final ('21 covid aside) was at the G. Against the Crows

Yep, in 2015 - not great reading for Bevo, shows our penchant for finishing in the bottom half of the eight or outside of it since 2016 (2021 COVID season aside).

Liked: Rowan Marshall's game, one of the best of any player this season
Learnt: its unclear which teams will make up the bottom half of the 8
Hated: It seems we picked up whatever injury bug the eagles had

Liked: Bombers first half, injured Saints playing out the Dees game.

Learnt: This finals race is nuts, any team down to 15 can have a go. Gonna be tight!

Hated: Losing to a goal after the sire..... oh, I will say Max King injury and Ridley. :(

Liked: Saints fighting to the end. Imagine what Ross will have them doing in 12 months' time.

Learnt: It's a two horse race. Brisbane can't win it away from the Gabba. Melbourne aren't quite there. Not sure Essendon, Adelaide or the Dogs are scaring anyone.

Hated: Fremantle. Honestly guys, you were meant to be sitting where Port is right now. That was the next step with this group. Surely Griffin Logue wasn't THAT important to the set up??

Liked collingwood third quarter.
learnt theres a log jam between 5th and 13th on the ladder and top 3 are set
hated: trying to get home friday night from marvel a nightmare

To be fair, back when the draw was done I doubt there were too many people who had the Crows in the finals discussion. I still don't - another year away IMO.

Need another preseason for a lot of the younger players, and another trade / draft period to try and plug some of the holes in the list. Should be able to give it a proper shake next year, and I suspect we'll get a little more respect from the draw in terms of where and when we play next year, too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back