Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 11 - Walyalup (Freo) v Pies Fri May 24th 6:10pm WST/8:10pm AEST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle are bad. That last 5 minutes is how they should have been playing the entire game. So the result of this game indicates Fremantle's issues are mental. They have the personnel to play good, competitive football. No energy and not trying to win for nearly the entire game. Embarrassing team.
Yeah, questions need to be asked of Longmuir based on the fact that they tried to slow it down when they had momentum with 3 whole damn minutes left in the second quarter. One of the most bewildering things I've seen in footy. Awful negative football.

As I've said to my own fellow Freo supporters when they've complained, I pass it onto the Collingwood sooks

Complaining about the umpires is for piss weak individuals who can't hold their players accountable and can't accept their team wasn't good enough to get the win.
We had 6 players who played under 10 games, 2 players on debut. We had two key position players injured during the game. It was a bloody miracle we were in front at all. If Fremantle couldn't win this game at home with everything on your terms, you are going nowhere. Your club is a nothing club - it always has been.

You said if he kicked a point we would have won. He did.

You said he’s a spud, I pointed out his current return this season is on par with your CHF on a big/expensive deal.

Take your L bro and go to bed.

I’m sure Shultzy will build into the season, maybe 2 behinds next week! That’ll be twice as much contribution!

Despite the goal for us ,I just can't like umpiring decisions like that .It's an absolute blight on the game
What the hell is this, a club supporter who’s unbiased?

You okay mate?

It’s a shit rule if you ask me but apparently technically there? Dunno.

You wouldn’t have got that softie against Carlton that’s for sure.

It's in the rules. No time wasting.
At the end of the day every time a player doesn't hand the ball back to where it should go (opposition player or umpire) immediately they are taking a gamble and "gaming" the system. 95% of the time you'll get away with it. But do you risk it 20m in front of an opposition goal when they are making a late comeback? Silly decision. By the player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First sensible thing he came out with all night mind you.
He's so noticeably scared of pissing off BT. Always backs down when BT disagrees with him about something. Hodge is the only one that stands up to the toxic flog.

Fremantle are bad. That last 5 minutes is how they should have been playing the entire game. So the result of this game indicates Fremantle's issues are mental. They have the personnel to play good, competitive football. No energy and not trying to win for nearly the entire game. Embarrassing team.
It's the coach!

The poor man's Ross Lyon.

An ultra defensive game plan without pressure/intensity.

If you watch the second qtr, it encapsulates why they can't win the flag. They had a counter attack opportunity down their right flank with two minutes to go. Instead. they time wasted and limped into the dressing room.

I wish their season ends soon so the coach will be sacked.

Maybe I just missed it, but I had a look at the laws of the game and couldn't find anything about handing the ball directly to the umpire for a ball-up.
There is a rule about ignoring the umpires direction that can result in a free kick. Earlier in the game Nicholls gave the warning to hand the ball directly to him or he’d pay a free, and he held his word.

Costly? Yes. But it was there.

We had 6 players who played under 10 games, 2 players on debut. We had two key position players injured during the game. It was a bloody miracle we were in front at all. If Fremantle couldn't win this game at home with everything on your terms, you are going nowhere. Your club is a nothing club - it always has been.
I don't disagree mate, so I don't know what you were looking for, but hey, your fellow supporters have given me a good laugh tonight with their carry on.

Interesting situation. The rule is clear: 18.13 (b). But the vibe is not , I wish that umpire was there when Ramped climbed the goal post. The AFL needs to make a definitive statement on how they want the game officiated
That’s not correct. 18.13(b) is referring to general play where you can’t hand the ball to a team mate - which is akin to throwing the ball to a teammate.

He's so noticeably scared of pissing off BT. Always backs down when BT disagrees with him about something. Hodge is the only one that stands up to the toxic flog.
Unfortunately I can’t take a word that comes out of Hodge’s mouth seriously. Has a huge chip on his shoulder when it comes to the Pies.

Problem with (d) is that the clock was stopped as soon as the whistle was blown. Paying a free kick for that when the clock is stopped is even more riridiculous.
To be fair it doesn't need to be winding down the clock. Holding up play can suit your team in other ways, to set up and get into position etc.

Just playing devils advocate here.

Back