Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 5 - Cats v North Sun April 14th 1:00pm (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • North by 7- 20

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong-vs-North-Melbourne.png

5th v 17th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 5

GEELONG V NORTH MELBOURNE
SUNDAY APRIL 14TH 1:00PM (GMHBA STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams

CATS

B: T. Stewart - C, S. De Koning, C. O’Sullivan
HB: M. Duncan, J. Henry, M. Holmes
C: Z. Tuohy, T. Bruhn, O. Dempsey
HF: B. Close, T. Stengle, G. Miers
F: J. Cameron, T. Hawkins, O. Henry
FOLL: R. Stanley, B. Parfitt, M. Blicavs

I/C (FROM): T. Atkins, J. Bowes, J. Clark, Z. Guthrie, M. O’Connor, S. Mannagh, S. Neale

IN: C..O’Sullivan, S. Mannagh, S. Neale
OUT: Nil

KANGAROOS

B: C. Comben, A. Corr, K. Dawson
HB: H. Sheezel, C. McKercher, L. McDonald
C: D. Tucker, L. Davies-Uniacke, B. Scott
HF: Z. Duursma, T. Powell, E. Ford
F: P. Curtis, N. Larkey, Z. Fisher
FOLL: T. Xerri, H. Greenwood, J. Simpkin - C

I/C (FROM): D. Stephens, G. Wardlaw, T. Sellers, R. Hansen Jr, W. Phillips, B. Drury, L. Shiels

IN: T. Sellers, R. Hansen Jr, W. Phillips, J. Archer, B. Drury
OUT: C. Zurhaar (Injured), J. Stephenson (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

I believe Dangerfield's set to be back in this week and he'll be important. I don't want LDU, McKercher, Powell and Wardlaw racking up Liberatore/Bontempelli numbers against us.

Just need to stop the Roos young brigade running riot in the middle and off half back and we should have too much strength and experience at either end to get the job done at home.

I believe Dangerfield's set to be back in this week and he'll be important. I don't want LDU, McKercher, Powell and Wardlaw racking up Liberatore/Bontempelli numbers against us.

The opposition midfield are often racking up big numbers but it matters little in the end.
We have players flying under the radar. Everyone playing their role perfectly. There's no reliance on any indivdual to do it alone.

I think Stengle, Miers and Cameron run amok and slot 12 between them in this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close game as I expect us to rest a few older bodies.

Cats by 15 points.
There’s always one fan of the team who is 100% likely to win who tries to play it down. At Marvel maybe North could get within 4 or 5 goals but Hawkins and Cameron against the North defence in Geelong? ‘Close game’ is your summation 😆

There’s always one fan of the team who is 100% likely to win who tries to play it down. At Marvel maybe North could get within 4 or 5 goals but Hawkins and Cameron against the North defence in Geelong? ‘Close game’ is your summation 😆
Far be it for any Cats supporter to openly declare, "Cats by 100+"

I genuinely think North will be competitive for a half or 3/4 but Cats will run away with a reasonable but unspectacular win

Ronald Reagan Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Honestly Dr Hood seems a great person and a refreshing and stabilising influence at nmfc.

I expect she is greatly admired within her Club.

Dr Hood has had a tough week and the Club had a tough time in Adelaide. I expect a real punch above their weight response.

I don’t expect nmfc to win but the margin could be in single figures. That in itself is not a win for the gipper but prolly the next best thing.

Cats by 60

5-0 will be a great start for them. Should lock them in finals.

I think their young kids will have another great game.

Well, what do you know? Following the Sarurday afternoon games, Geelong was one point away from being the only remaining undefeated team, heading into tomorrow's game.

The heavily favoured undefeated teams in both earlier games today failed to convert a huge advantage in scoring shots on the scoreboard.

No easy games. Feel free to roll your eyes at that, if you must.

Delighted for Rhys Stanley to reach game 200. I think he's (often unfairly) been a whipping boy for Geelong, particularly from his arrival in 2015 until the premiership season in 2022 (where I thought he was terrific all year). It's a bit of a thankless role, being a long-term first choice ruck whose never really at an AA level and never won a flag. A fantastic servant and clearly very highly regarded internally.

Back