Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Blues v Pies Fri May 3rd 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood have hacked football. It, like reality, is a simulation, and McRae is some mad genius who coded the program so they always win (or never lose) the close ones. The probability of so many close wins is way beyond chance. No point letting it upset anymore, just gotta accept it. Just going to assume they'll do this to win flags until Fly retires.

The thoughts of someone seeing them win a close one for the millionth times.

He was good today McKay only kicked 4 which is at least 2-3 down on usual. He is a genuine lockdown defender but I told you that’s the output tonight most Pies fans would say thanks I’ll take that
Our keys are just still young and have a couple more years of development. We also lack a top line small forward.

Who are the more important outs for either team:

McStay, de Goey, Mitchell vs Saad, Motlop, Martin, Fogarty?

Probably give the nod to Collingwood considering de Goey is a star so a bit of upside for Pies still to come which is a little scary for those teams currently vying for a top four position.
Weren't Pies losing with those guys in and Blues were winning with Saad and Fog in particular from the 4 mentioned. Also conveniently left off Gov and Doc.
That's the entire half back line and our best defensive forward. But certain people have agendas, so it's a conversation that isn't really going anywhere meaningful (despite Blues having the most players on the injury list, having the most best 22 players out, the most fringe players who would've been next in line to take the spot to the previous players, and having lost the 2nd most games to injury so far this year).

Some pretty tough games for Carlton coming up. They really needed those 4 points.
Every club needs every 4 points.
Our 3 losses have all been winnable to varying degrees, through our own faults largely.
Looking at the draw before the season started, with games against Lions in Brisbane (fresh off a GF), GWS (the form team of the comp prior to the PF loss to the Pies) and the reigning prems, most would have 5-3 as a pass mark for the Blues at this stage.

Weren't Pies losing with those guys in and Blues were winning with Saad and Fog in particular from the 4 mentioned. Also conveniently left off Gov and Doc.
That's the entire half back line and our best defensive forward. But certain people have agendas, so it's a conversation that isn't really going anywhere meaningful (despite Blues having the most players on the injury list, having the most best 22 players out, the most fringe players who would've been next in line to take the spot to the previous players, and having lost the 2nd most games to injury so far this year).
Excuses, excuses, excuses. It's time to stop crying about the same old thing every single post.

Every club needs every 4 points.
Our 3 losses have all been winnable to varying degrees, through our own faults largely.
Looking at the draw before the season started, with games against Lions in Brisbane (fresh off a GF), GWS (the form team of the comp prior to the PF loss to the Pies) and the reigning prems, most would have 5-3 as a pass mark for the Blues at this stage.
Just as Richmond and Fremantle were highly losable games, to average sides, when you had less injuries.

The Maynard tackle on Owies is an example of what Whately and King were talking about early this week. The tackled player taking his head to ground to get a free. This needs to be fined out of existence.
It will be... as soon as they start fining the guys who duck or raise their arms to draw high contact and those who dive forward to draw in the back... so, never basically.

You see why your chart made little to no sense for this one?

Comes down to the starts for Collingwood.
They almost got it right in the first quarter tonight. That last 5 minutes undid all their good work but it was only a two goal deficit. When they regained the ascendancy, you could just feel they had figured things out.

Carlton in the same bracket as Port Adelaide for me.
Ah, hindsight trolling.
"I'll say something that's 50/50 and if it comes close to being true, I'll quote troll for cheap thrills."
My chart made perfect sense to your post at the time. Neither my chart, nor your post, had anything to do with the game. The game didn't unfold as you predicted, so the result has no bearing on that.
You do know that you WON last week? You can cut the offended act.

Docherty won't be back this year will he?
There's talk McStay may be back in time for finals. Certainly no star but he would big a big body capable of taking the second best defender opposed to Mihocek being undersized against most of the other backs.
Has Doc retired? Whether or not a player will be back this year has no bearing on whether they are best 22 and missed from the side.
Surely anyone with a brain can admit that Doc is best 22 and sorely missed?
I wouldn't begrudge another side from claiming that a best 22 player with a season ending injury was irrelevant.

Ah, hindsight trolling.
"I'll say something that's 50/50 and if it comes close to being true, I'll quote troll for cheap thrills."
My chart made perfect sense to your post at the time. Neither my chart, nor your post, had anything to do with the game. The game didn't unfold as you predicted, so the result has no bearing on that.
You do know that you WON last week? You can cut the offended act.

You were all talk when you had your own supporters backing you up earlier in the week.
Pretty confident of a victory weren't you?

I just think you lot are a funny supporter base.
Done literally nothing for decades. Make finals for first time after a technicality in 2013 (remember that?) and suddenly think your top sh*t on the back of what?
Talking down opposition supporters and telling them they can't wait to have another re-match against their mob in 6-7 weeks etc. On talk back it's Carlton this and Carlton that. Beware of the Blues with their formidable midfield :D

Where are all the Daicos haters????
Its amazing how he lives rent free in the head of the village idiots within this forum.

To have played a great game and then topped it off with the match winning goal must have broken their hearts considering how quickly they disappeared.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You were all talk when you had your own supporters backing you up earlier in the week.
Pretty confident of a victory weren't you?

I just think you lot are a funny supporter base.
Done literally nothing for decades. Make finals for first time after a technicality in 2013 (remember that?) and suddenly think your top sh*t on the back of what?
Talking down opposition supporters and telling them they can't wait to have another re-match against their mob in 6-7 weeks etc. On talk back it's Carlton this and Carlton that. Beware of the Blues with their formidable midfield :D
Was I?

Collingwood have hacked football. It, like reality, is a simulation, and McRae is some mad genius who coded the program so they always win (or never lose) the close ones. The probability of so many close wins is way beyond chance. No point letting it upset anymore, just gotta accept it. Just going to assume they'll do this to win flags until Fly retires.

The close ones that they kept winning all season in 2022 backfired on them twice in Finals.

They just learned from their mistakes.

You see why your chart made little to no sense for this one?

Comes down to the starts for Collingwood.
They almost got it right in the first quarter tonight. That last 5 minutes undid all their good work but it was only a two goal deficit. When they regained the ascendancy, you could just feel they had figured things out.

Carlton in the same bracket as Port Adelaide for me.
Well,since the Crows have beaten both Carlton and Port Adelaide…..

What “bracket “ do you have them in?

There must have been a glitch in the matrix last week

Great game by Moore. Cripps looked like an old fat guy tonight who couldnt pick the ball up off the ground without turning sidewards or falling on to it, must be some sought of injury it looked uncomfortable.

How did this sack of spuds win a flag
Asks a supporter of a team who humiliated themselves on the games' biggest day in what was the most pathetic, non event of a contest I can remember. The first GF I have ever stopped watching halfway through.

Back