Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Blues v Demons Thurs May 9th 7:30pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

you mean 50, like when Hollands should've thrown the ball back to us but just dropped the ball and the ump did nothing.
Repeat after me.

"The best side on the day won. Melbourne were awful for the first half, especially the first quarter, while Carlton played well. We gave it a great shot late but left ourselves too much to do. Well played Carlton."

Even with Carlton slowing to a stop late, they built the buffer that got them through. So they still fully deserved their victory.

If you say otherwise, you are a salty flog and belong with the Neanderthals complaining that the early humans who lived among them were getting the rub of the green.

Well done to Carlton for winning, but how many times can they win a game with dodgy decisions? The dangerous tackle being one of the worst.
Mum reckons 8.

Are Carlton unfit or just lack runners?

They have a terrible gameplan for high pressure games. Their plan B slow it down is even worse because it suffocates them and collapses their structure.

Too same same in the middle. If they can't dominate a team there they get rolled. If its 50/50 in the middle they get rolled.

Weitering should be getting 1.2-1.3 a year in his next deal because he is single handedly saving them.

Did May touch the Curnow goal in the 3rd quarter?
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

flogged by the umps yep. you guys were trash once the umpires stopped the favouring. The lack of holding the ball was a bloody disgrace. Sam Walsh absolutely protected. He gets the ball, fends off, and the ump calls ball up. And let's not talk about the Van Rooyen 'dangerous tackle'. Hopeless.
Someone get this baby a box of tissues, you were 30+ down the entire game and beaten everywhere. Carlton paniced late after back to back narrow losses its the only reason you got the margin under 20 points.

Cry about it all you like we take home the 4 points AGAIN bunnies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

incredible effort from the dees. Blues kissed on the ass all night. They won’t do nothing at all this season, kissed.
Dees were awesome with their fight back. I never felt safe, but half of their first 7 goals were from questionable decisions and some of their comeback was from questionable calls. A couple of obvious jumper tugs at opposite ends of the ground. One would've resulted in a shot at goal from Harry and the other resulted in a goal for the Dees.

Oh well gun thread, thought plugger35 was bad about umpires, danstar leaves him for dead.
Fancy following a sport like that if you think it is rigged, what's the point of playing victim.
Sad existence.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Repeat after me.

"The best side on the day won. Melbourne were awful for the first half, especially the first quarter, while Carlton played well. We gave it a great shot late but left ourselves too much to do. Well played Carlton."

Even with Carlton slowing to a stop late, they built the buffer that got them through. So they still fully deserved their victory.

If you say otherwise, you are a salty flog and belong with the Neanderthals complaining that the early humans who lived among them were getting the rub of the green.
I don't consider it a win or a loss. it wasn't a real game of footy with those umpires. it was unrecognisable. Go and watch the replay. Was the Steven May one touched? Was the Van Rooyen one dangerous tackle? Was the 4 Sam Walsh ones holding the ball? Was the Hollands not giving the ball back 50m penalty? Unless you're going to answer these questions with video evidence I won't entertain this. Pathetic umpiring .

Are Carlton unfit or just lack runners?

Especially up against a side after a 5 day break (one day less than their opponents).

Carlton do feel a bit like Brisbane earlier last year (and this year) at the moment. They go defensive early and just invite pressure.

Last edited:
I don't consider it a win or a loss. it wasn't a real game of footy with those umpires. it was unrecognisable. Go and watch the replay. Was the Steven May one touched? Was the Van Rooyen one dangerous tackle? Was the 4 Sam Walsh ones holding the ball? Was the Hollands not giving the ball back 50m penalty? Unless you're going to answer these questions with video evidence I won't entertain this. Pathetic umpiring .
Nah.

The only thing to take out of this game is that these are two slightly above average but unremarkable teams.

Carlton's lack of system sticks out like dogs balls. There is literally no method to their build up play what so ever.
Neither side winning the flag this year. Heck, one or both may finish below Essendon by seasons end.

Back