AFL Cairns - 2010 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks. Maybe we should start a Cairns AFL 2011 thread for all updates on the upcoming season? :thumbsu:
Loving your new team there Break, welcome aboard. Sounds like a good idea, I guess Jan 1 the logical start point??
Spoke to Centrals stalwart today, said the have lost a few, but also gained some and numbers have been ok, so not all doom and gloom out there. Apparently Big Footy favourites the Bartlett brothers have been training the house down...

Loving your new team there Break, welcome aboard. Sounds like a good idea, I guess Jan 1 the logical start point??
Spoke to Centrals stalwart today, said the have lost a few, but also gained some and numbers have been ok, so not all doom and gloom out there. Apparently Big Footy favourites the Bartlett brothers have been training the house down...

In terms of numbers, what's ok? Anyone else started training yet?

Any truth to the rumor that South's new coach has walked out on them already? I hear they ran back with tail between legs to the previos coach, who swiftly yet politely declined, and now they have a loose cannon from Melbourne via Darwin in charge?

Upthemiddle if you are going to get on here and start sprouting at least get some facts 1st. The bloke who was initially to be the coach for next season always stated that he would like to be working full time in footy or sport in general and that was a major factor in him leaving his home town he applied for a job at AFL Cairns and was unsuccesful the NTFL then offered him a good role within their organisation with strong chances of career development along with consultation with his family they decided to accept the position, we as a club were kept informed of this whole process and there is absolutley no ill feelings from either side and the bloke is helping us behind the scenes. Last years coach (one of my best mates) was not offered the role at any stage. As to the appointment of a new coach the bloke we have gone with had already been appointed asst coach and after doing some research and alot of phoning around we decided to offer him the senior role. He has a very strong footy background having played TAC, VFL, WAFL and has played under some very good coaches and we believe he will be a good fit for our young group going forward so all is good in cutter land and looking forward to 2011 and beyond.

Penguin

Upthemiddle if you are going to get on here and start sprouting at least get some facts 1st. The bloke who was initially to be the coach for next season always stated that he would like to be working full time in footy or sport in general and that was a major factor in him leaving his home town he applied for a job at AFL Cairns and was unsuccesful the NTFL then offered him a good role within their organisation with strong chances of career development along with consultation with his family they decided to accept the position, we as a club were kept informed of this whole process and there is absolutley no ill feelings from either side and the bloke is helping us behind the scenes. Last years coach (one of my best mates) was not offered the role at any stage. As to the appointment of a new coach the bloke we have gone with had already been appointed asst coach and after doing some research and alot of phoning around we decided to offer him the senior role. He has a very strong footy background having played TAC, VFL, WAFL and has played under some very good coaches and we believe he will be a good fit for our young group going forward so all is good in cutter land and looking forward to 2011 and beyond.

Penguin

Very defensive there Fretwell! All I said is that your coach has gone already...is that not true? And I simply atated the fact that the ex coach was approached, although we won't say what he said on here as I'm sure you can all guess. And yes your current coach is a good footballer, played down at Port Melbourne for a stint but is a loose cannon, and has the rep in Darwin to prove it. Hence why several other clubs passed on him.

Having said that, I wish Souths all the best. They need it given what they went thru last season.

Not defensive upthemiddle just put the facts out there I'm not a big fan of inuendo and guessing I do however like the truth to be known. And the previous coach was never offered the position that would have been just plain rude and unproffesional on our behalf if you want any other details please give me a call

Penguin

Not defensive upthemiddle just put the facts out there I'm not a big fan of inuendo and guessing I do however like the truth to be known. And the previous coach was never offered the position that would have been just plain rude and unproffesional on our behalf if you want any other details please give me a call

Penguin

To be fair Penguin we heard the same thing from a very reliable source, and you are looking fairly defensive.
Anyhow I hope your new coach has cooled his heals a bit, had a bad rep in Melbourne.

Is anyone game enough to pick the ladder for season 2011? Will it be a two horse race as Mick Seymour said it would be in the paper? And have the Cairns city Lions announced their new name officially yet?

To be fair Penguin we heard the same thing from a very reliable source, and you are looking fairly defensive.
Anyhow I hope your new coach has cooled his heals a bit, had a bad rep in Melbourne.

Is anyone game enough to pick the ladder for season 2011? Will it be a two horse race as Mick Seymour said it would be in the paper? And have the Cairns city Lions announced their new name officially yet?

Ok Centre I won't pick the ladder just yet, but I have a feeling that Norths will be playing off for the Seniors Grand Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok Centre I won't pick the ladder just yet, but I have a feeling that Norths will be playing off for the Seniors Grand Final.

Norths! That's a big call Flintstone. I hear they have lost a lot from last year and are looking to develop their youth, which I think is a good idea. I think the comp is getting to that poit that clubs can develop now rather than recruit 10 to 15 players every season.

I'll say that from what I've heard, even at this early time, Saints will be the mark. Port have lost plenty but you have to think will still be strong. Souths, Cities and Centrals to fall away again, and Hawks and Norths to fight out a top three finish. Then finals will be as open as ever with the top four all in the hunt.

And of course Collingwood to go back to back!
(I say while ducking under empty cans thrown at me) haha

I agree that next season will be a close season. All teams should go into the year thinking for playing finals footy. Hawks,Norths,Port and Saints the top 4 for me with Cities to be my dark horse for a finals spot.

I heard the same, either your ex coach is a fibber or you are Fretwell:thumbsu:

Norths! That's a big call Flintstone. I hear they have lost a lot from last year and are looking to develop their youth, which I think is a good idea. I think the comp is getting to that poit that clubs can develop now rather than recruit 10 to 15 players every season.

I'll say that from what I've heard, even at this early time, Saints will be the mark. Port have lost plenty but you have to think will still be strong. Souths, Cities and Centrals to fall away again, and Hawks and Norths to fight out a top three finish. Then finals will be as open as ever with the top four all in the hunt.

And of course Collingwood to go back to back!
(I say while ducking under empty cans thrown at me) haha

Yeah I have to agree with your predictions Centre. However, keep dreaming on about the Colliwobbles mate. :p

Flinstone, you haven't picked the PIES back to back, and youv'e picked norths to play off for flag.... That must be some good s**t your smokin.:D

Flinstone, you haven't picked the PIES back to back, and youv'e picked norths to play off for flag.... That must be some good s**t your smokin.:D

Yes Poiderr, it would blow your head off. I don't think a Colliwobble supporter would be able to handle this stuff. In reference to Norths, I could have said that the Cutters will win the grand final. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

s**t now I have tears from laughing so much.:D:p

Would be great to have another day like that again Poider, if the maggies get another chance, book that flight......:p

What's the latest with the new Cairns City Lions? Have they got a coach yet? Jumper design? Website? Committee? Hope they go well this year.

Don’t Wright off North’s just yet a lot of work has gone into changing a culture there! winning the twos flag is just one small step, Kane Richter as couch is anther despite the bull s**t like this that was written

Richter approached hawks last game of year, reckons the club is sunk and wants out...heard it with my own ears. What the bet he stays at north’s though, hawks knocked him back coz he's an 8 pointer, and he did the wrong thing by them this year. And if you're talking about tyson lane, well haha, good luck. by upthemiddle)

Also have an absolute gun on the bench with last year’s stand in coach Wes Lord. 18 on the committee! And a buzz that has not been seen sins Gary Davison in 01 took over. Yes may not be ready for the tin cup! BUT will shake the ladder and up is the way they will go

Be aware the awakening tiger

Don’t Wright off North’s just yet a lot of work has gone into changing a culture there! winning the twos flag is just one small step, Kane Richter as couch is anther despite the bull s**t like this that was written

Richter approached hawks last game of year, reckons the club is sunk and wants out...heard it with my own ears. What the bet he stays at north’s though, hawks knocked him back coz he's an 8 pointer, and he did the wrong thing by them this year. And if you're talking about tyson lane, well haha, good luck. by upthemiddle)

Also have an absolute gun on the bench with last year’s stand in coach Wes Lord. 18 on the committee! And a buzz that has not been seen sins Gary Davison in 01 took over. Yes may not be ready for the tin cup! BUT will shake the ladder and up is the way they will go

Be aware the awakening tiger

That's great to hear, as I am moving up from Brisbane to work and have chosen North's as my destination. Kane has been fantastic through my process of moving and I'm looking forward to playing in the Comp in 2011. :thumbsu:

Haha Just join up to get that one in then did we All Right? Mate, good luck to Norths, but I'm telling you - I heard Richter say just that to the Hawks president at Norths the last game of the year. Now if they have managed to turn that around to a point where they are above water, then that's terrific, it really is. But All Right, as God is my witness it WAS said. Among other things by the way but there's little point going into that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back