AFL.com.au is a disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

What was wrong with the current round's scores/fixture as a banner up the top of the page?

Why are they fixing what, in hindsight, wasn't broken?

Absolute dogs breakfast. Clickbait articles everywhere. Next thing is we'll see those trending paid articles, "Banks don't want you knowing this secret to making millions!" all over the page.

1592878806556.png

Anyone find the AFL app laggy
Well for a start their radio links are several seconds behind real time so are totally worthless watching the actual match. And then they have the audacity to block the stations themselves from their online coverage, so I’m glad I haven’t chucked out my old little battery-powered radio.

Well for a start their radio links are several seconds behind real time so are totally worthless watching the actual match. And then they have the audacity to block the stations themselves from their online coverage, so I’m glad I haven’t chucked out my old little battery-powered radio.
If you use Kayo you can pause it to get the audio in sync with the radio stream

If you use Kayo you can pause it to get the audio in sync with the radio stream
Thanks mate, I was more thinking about at the actual match. It's sometimes good to plug into a radio commentary if I'm there by myself and my own team's not playing :thumbsu:

I'm about a whisker away from canning my Foxtel and doing the Kayo thing. Apart from the huge price diff, would you recommend?

Thanks mate, I was more thinking about at the actual match. It's sometimes good to plug into a radio commentary if I'm there by myself and my own team's not playing :thumbsu:

I'm about a whisker away from canning my Foxtel and doing the Kayo thing. Apart from the huge price diff, would you recommend?
Ah yep, I do the same, battery-powered radio is the go.

Given the fact I only had Foxtel for the footy, it was a no-brainer to get Kayo.

Is anyone else having trouble with the match centre radio broadcasts?

None of them are working and you can't go directly to the radio station websites to hear the broadcasts as the AFL funnel them all through their sh*t website.

They've worked ok the last couple of weeks, but this situation is a shocker if you live in a non footy state.
Brisbane and gold coast only get 1 or 2 games per week on radio now Macquarie sports radio is dead and Gil continues to stop the stations broadcasting on their own apps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL media unit should be gutted at season's end.

Why should commercial media outlets pay SIGNIFICANT money to pay for rights to broadcast the sport, yet the league has it's own media unit which produces competing content.

To clarify, I'm not suggesting abolish EVERYONE within their media unit, just gut it so it doesn't produce the league's podcast, vidcasts etc.

My little 5 year old the other day wanted to know if max king was beating his brother for kicking goals this year.

Dunno son, let's look it up on the trusty AFL website....

Am I blind or does their piece of crap website not have a coleman medal table?

AFL Media Employee 1:
you reckon people who go to a football website are interested in who kicks goals?

AFL Media Employee 2:
Nah, that would just take up space we need for corporate logos, that's the stuff people really want.

It's an abomination on a website- created by Telstra is all that needs to be said.

My little 5 year old the other day wanted to know if max king was beating his brother for kicking goals this year.

Dunno son, let's look it up on the trusty AFL website....

Am I blind or does their piece of crap website not have a coleman medal table?

AFL Media Employee 1:
you reckon people who go to a football website are interested in who kicks goals?

AFL Media Employee 2:
Nah, that would just take up space we need for corporate logos, that's the stuff people really want.

It's an abomination on a website- created by Telstra is all that needs to be said.

it appears you have to use the StatsPro, but agree with you 100% that there should be an easy way to lookup.

to answer your child's stats question, Ben King has 19 goals and Max King has 18 goals.

it appears you have to use the StatsPro, but agree with you 100% that there should be an easy way to lookup.

to answer your child's stats question, Ben King has 19 goals and Max King has 18 goals.

Yeah I assumed it would be buried in some stats 'hub' (sponsored by gatorade etc of course) or some other such nonsense.

I wasn't prepared to spend 20minutes of blind searching around that mess of a site in the mere hope that the answer my son and I were seeking was there.

The stupid thing is the site actually HAS a coleman medal section that is relatively straightforward to find in the menu.

That coleman medal section has absolutely no information about the current year- it just has a list of past winners.
(Seriously how hard would it be to put a top 10 leaderboard on that page or a link or something?)

Good call AFL- make it easy to find what is already on wikipedia and who won the coleman medal in 1974 etc.... but make it incredibly difficult to find information about the current season.

I dare say the designers of the site have zero interest in football, or any other sport that doesn't involve a gaming console.
That's how it seems anyway.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back