AFL.com.au is a disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

afl.com is a great site. Each upgrade is better than the last and I love the pictures too

Just tried to watch "The Round So Far" on my pc through Firefox.
Starts out blaring at 10000% volume...whatever, I'll turn it down.
The controls are off the bottom of the page. Thanks to a bar across the top that has NEWS, MATCHES, LADDER, etc headings and an AFL.com.au logo that they haven't worked out how to resize.
Whatever, I can scroll down while it's deafening me.
The scroll wheel is just scrolling the play list on the right hand side, not the actual page.
Fine, didn't want to be able to hear anythin anyway.
Move my mouse to the far right, to the outermost scroll bar....doesn't actually scroll anything...maybe it's scrolling the accompanying article behind the video player.
URGE TO KILL RISING.
Last chance AFL.com.au....i'll use the Firefox View>Zoom Out option to resize it so I can lower the volume.
It resizes everything but the video player.
Absolute genius.

if i just want to check live scores when i'm out and about, it is legitimately quicker to check through google than it is afl.com - which is an indictment on the site
This - I was on the road recently, got the better half to check a live score, she was fiddling around getting nowhere and gave up..! So I pulled over, spent 5 minutes clicking away from Kayo sign-ups, links to betting services, listen live, other pop-ups etc. - FFS, how ridiculous..!

Every time I click the Watch Live button on the Carlton vs GWS VFL match, it takes me to all the AFL matches, going back to Friday night's game, and scroll through, there is no VFL matches to be seen.

They've spruiked it hard, you'd think that they would have sorted out the site navigation.

If anyone can point out the mistake I must be making, happy to wear it, but I have no idea how to watch the game.

I also spent time trawling through kayo, which has afl, aflw, even afl Sydney games. Why on earth isn't the vfl on kayo??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did an update on the app a month or so back which when finished told me I'd now be able to stream VFL matches to a chromecast. Still no sign of any such feature in the app.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back