Multiplat AFL Evolution 2 - pre-launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Wicked Watch have a forum or anything outside of their social media for them to receive community feedback etc?

I really wonder what sort of forums (besides this one obviously) and their social media that they use to consider initiatives for development into their games

There was actually a dev on here for the last game - shared a lot of feedback and ideas with him.. hopefully they were taken onboard.

Last edited:

For anyone who is wondering, online co-op is limited to you and your friend against the AI.

No online co-op matches against other humans.

Disappointing, but not unexpected.

For anyone who is wondering, online co-op is limited to you and your friend against the AI.

Source?

well at least that supports the new “social gatherings of no more than two people” rule from the government! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is coming soon? The game or game play footage.

Because you literally didn't say that in your post. Or maybe add a source that game play footage was coming.
r u cooked? you legit just said when is gameplay footage coming out and he responded to you on that msg so ofc itd be about the gameplay

the game might or might not be bad but some of the negative comments here are way over exaggerated smh

Depressing seeing Ross Symons from Big Ant online making a couple of comments about how they wish they were still doing the AFL games.

What they did with Cricket was incredible.

Why did they stop?

Big Ant (Ross’ studio) made the 360 and PS3 versions of AFL Live, whilst a Wicked Witch made the Wii version.

Big Ant’s plan revolved around focusing on building core gameplay mechanics, first, without all the extra fluff. I remember talking to the Devs when they had in-store demos, and they were talking about their lack of budget, and ultimately decided on building a foundational game without too much extra fluff getting in the way. Conversely, Wicked Witch pumped out a game with very shoddy mechanics and stapled on state league teams and a “10 year career” mode which doesn’t have enough depth to drown a flea.

Of course, the general public weren’t intelligent or patient enough to see what Big Ant were trying to do, comparing it to the likes of FIFA (which they still do) without acknowledging the year on year improvement that EA have implemented with their sports titles; people want the FIFA-tier product without the necessary growing pains. I’m not sure if Tru Blu listened to these fools, or if Wicked Witch offered a better deal but, Instead of a proper sequel, we got served up hot garbage with AFL Live 2 from Wicked Witch, and Evo was only marginally better.

I’m maintaining optimism for this title, but I have no doubt that, had Big Ant been allowed to continue to develop these games, we’d be waiting for a much better game than what we’ll get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back