Remove this Banner Ad

MightyLions

Rookie
Apr 14, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
Lately, I have created an AFL Evolution 2 concept cover and menus. I'm planning to create a concept intro video, featuring Mr Brightside by the Killers, when I get the time to. I also want to see suggestions for the next AFL video game. Main Menu.jpg PS4 Cover.jpg

As the previous AFL Evolution currently has, there should be state leagues and all stadiums associated with that as well as the AFL's regular grounds. Content in the game was already good enough, and so the developers should focus mainly on gameplay and graphics this time around. More smooth animations and more realistic gameplay would make the game next level.

I don’t know how they could fix gameplay since I don’t know much about the inner workings of a game but once they do, it would be nice to have actual state league list and jumpers plus the TSL, a few more face scans/updated ones like Fyfe and Dixon, a create your own jumper thing (nothing too flash, similar to how you can change the colour of boots in the game for your player, but with preset jumper options) and a few more AFL stadiums like Shanghai, Hobart, Cairns, Alice Springs and some AFLW ones that double up as state league ones like Norwood, Fremantle and Princes Park and potentially Victoria Park if Collingwood Women play there soon (fingers crossed) and some better commentary, might get me to turn it back on.

Awesome concept Art!!! (I see what you did there at the bottom, lol).

That's all it really needs, less jaggy, smoother running, new skills, perhaps more marking, kicking variations, etc. More details in the gameplay, more camera angles. Jumper creator.
FWIW you can edit camera angles as much as you want. I haven't tried this since I use end to end which looks towards the goals of the team with the ball, but I imagine you could create whatever camera angle you want.

Awesome concept Art!!! (I see what you did there at the bottom, lol).

That's all it really needs, less jaggy, smoother running, new skills, perhaps more marking, kicking variations, etc. More details in the gameplay, more camera angles. Jumper creator.
Thanks mate! We can hold onto hope that Big Ant gets the job, sick of half arsed games from wicked witch. Adding NTFL and TSL to the game as well would attract more local interest!

Thanks mate! We can hold onto hope that Big Ant gets the job, sick of half arsed games from wicked witch. Adding NTFL and TSL to the game as well would attract more local interest!
NTFL would be cool to see. I'd love to play as St Marys against Darwin Buffaloes but I doubt that we would see NTFL there. The NTFL comp sort of goes against the grain with a summer comp, their logo isn't in a shield, which it seems like the AFL is trying to force onto the leagues like every other comp so I don't think the AFL can control their license just yet. As for the TSL, I would've thought they'd be in the game when the WAFL and SANFL came in, so I'm a little shocked as I thought the AFL would have more control over the TSL than any other state league. I wouldn't be surprised if WW said no for now so they could work on the foundations for the SANFL, WAFL and NEAFL for the DLC and future versions and then do the TSL for Evolution 2 so they're not too overwhelmed before the DLC.
Nah Wicked Witch haven't been too bad with this game, it's better than Live 1 and Big Ant have produced horrible games as of late
Definitely agree, Evolution is probably the best AFL game out. That said though I'd love a stadium, logo and jumper creator like what Big Ant do. That's the only thing that's got me sort of wanting Big Ant. I'd prefer WW though, they make better games.

I don't necessarily agree with this as I like AFL Evolution. But i'd love to see Big Ant make a game eventually, in some form.

They are in the box-seat to make a game at some point, as they have already made AFL Live 1 and it's a highly regarded game.

It always surprised me that they even lost the contract to AFL games, but i'm not going to lie, Evolution is a huge effort by WW and what i've really liked is in their patch updates, they've been listening to fans feedback and really trying very hard to make the best game they can.

Nah Wicked Witch haven't been too bad with this game, it's better than Live 1 and Big Ant have produced horrible games as of late
The game has more content and the gameplay is more complex but Live one's
Gameplay is still much smoother and much less frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God, how good would it be to have Mr Brightside in an AFL game?!

How quickly did we all get sick of Holy Grail though? As long as there are multiple songs i guess. I can't stand any of the songs i hear on AFL/FIFA games anymore, as im just hearing them non stop haha

How quickly did we all get sick of Holy Grail though? As long as there are multiple songs i guess. I can't stand any of the songs i hear on AFL/FIFA games anymore, as im just hearing them non stop haha
I play without volume so that I can pretend to be the team AND the commentator!

I play without volume so that I can pretend to be the team AND the commentator!

haha smart decision. Question is, which commentator do you mimic?

I don't necessarily agree with this as I like AFL Evolution. But i'd love to see Big Ant make a game eventually, in some form.

They are in the box-seat to make a game at some point, as they have already made AFL Live 1 and it's a highly regarded game.

It always surprised me that they even lost the contract to AFL games, but i'm not going to lie, Evolution is a huge effort by WW and what i've really liked is in their patch updates, they've been listening to fans feedback and really trying very hard to make the best game they can.

The AFL isn't interested in making a decent Football game. No idea why people are praising a poor product and accepting it, when the AFL is purposely neglecting something other sporting and entertainment companies wouldn't do. The "they won't make money" excuse is invalid, because these other companies will do it for marketing and publicity to draw in new people. The AFL already blows a tonne of money of things that they'll never see a dime from. So that excuse is nothing but enabling their neglect.

The AFL isn't interested in making a decent Football game. No idea why people are praising a poor product and accepting it, when the AFL is purposely neglecting something other sporting and entertainment companies wouldn't do. The "they won't make money" excuse is invalid, because these other companies will do it for marketing and publicity to draw in new people. The AFL already blows a tonne of money of things that they'll never see a dime from. So that excuse is nothing but enabling their neglect.

Don't you think you're being a little harsh, i mean, it's a pretty good game!

Don't you think you're being a little harsh, i mean, it's a pretty good game!

It's the truth, though. I've had to play Live 1 for the last 7 years, and De-evolution is no where near that gameplay. They like to superficially copy things from it, but it's still clunky and has terrible movement like Live 2.

Yeah but Big Ant have significantly regressed since then.

You mean just because of that tennis game? Wicked Witch haven't even come close to producing something that they did with their first attempt. If the AFL actually cared about their games, they'd be approaching developers and throwing them money like other sporting entertainment companies do. I think a lot of people ignore this fact. Wicked Witch is basically the cheapest developer, this is very clear and obvious with their product. The AFL are really letting the fans down.
balance sheets.PNG

You mean just because of that tennis game? Wicked Witch haven't even come close to producing something that they did with their first attempt. If the AFL actually cared about their games, they'd be approaching developers and throwing them money like other sporting entertainment companies do. I think a lot of people ignore this fact. Wicked Witch is basically the cheapest developer, this is very clear and obvious with their product. The AFL are really letting the fans down.
View attachment 513407
No I don’t mean the tennis game, I’m glad they continually supported it and patched it into a great game. I know they were rushed into releasing it in time for the Australian Open. What I’m talking about is Don Bradman 17 and Ashes Cricket which were OK but not great games by any stretch. I played them a lot because there weren’t any alternatives and I like cricket but just weren’t great games. That being said there are certain aspects from Big Ant that I like, such as the stadium, logo, uniform and bat creators and I would like to see a similar thing in AFL Evolution, and they have a great player creation suite, but those are just icing on the cake and I don’t feel like AFL Live was good enough for 2018 when compared to Evolution.

No I don’t mean the tennis game, I’m glad they continually supported it and patched it into a great game. I know they were rushed into releasing it in time for the Australian Open. What I’m talking about is Don Bradman 17 and Ashes Cricket which were OK but not great games by any stretch. I played them a lot because there weren’t any alternatives and I like cricket but just weren’t great games. That being said there are certain aspects from Big Ant that I like, such as the stadium, logo, uniform and bat creators and I would like to see a similar thing in AFL Evolution, and they have a great player creation suite, but those are just icing on the cake and I don’t feel like AFL Live was good enough for 2018 when compared to Evolution.

De-evolution isn't good enough for 2018, and Live 1 has better gameplay for being 7 years old. Those are Cricket games, they're a lot different than Football. My point is, even if isn't Big Ant, it needs to be somebody who isn't the lowest bidder and has actually created a somewhat competent game. The AFL are purposely undermining any chance of there being a good Football game, and the fans are praising their cheap products for what reason?

absolutely need to be able to create your own jumpers, in the style you want

what bigant have done with content creation should be an absolute minimum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back