Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Good idea, but in that case, IMO, you might as well just leave them running underneath the wipe as you'd still have enough savings in not rendering them on the screen. Best to limit wipes to after scoring, end of quarter. (On second thoughts, you'd probably have complaints as to where players ended up, could be harsh control wise to come back from the wipe and have to play immidiately.)
Yeah gaining control again would be tough... but I still think it’s better than a reset. (I’m picturing when you think you have an open forward line, but the free kick reset places 6 defenders all setup).
I think FIFA has some extrapolation setup, like that when you get a throw in and want to skip the ball retrieval.

Does the game have a Goal Kicking leader board?
Yes. But the game shits itself when you try to access it.

It can't handle the number of players for the stats screen so it just hangs there for over a minute, and then again every time you finally get to move the selection. Would literally be quicker to look at each team, select scoring via the clumsy system they have, sort by goals, record the highest on pen and paper and repeat 17 times for each team.

I am halfway through my second season in coach career mode. Quirks so far below (some funny, some infuriating):

Signed Scott Pendlebury in free agency, came up against Collingwood, and he was still a player on their side too.

Unlike the 2020 fixture which was based on the intended fixture for this season, the 2021 fixture is an assortment of games at odd times on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Hawthorn v Freo at 4.45 on a Wednesday at the G? Sure, why not? Two games on at the same time at Marvel Stadium? Seems a weekly feature. I get that it doesn’t materially affect gameplay but it’s just annoying.

Worse still, there’s no provision for “second” home grounds. E.g. Hawthorn doesn’t play any games in Tassie. It’s just a bunch of games at the G.

I also drafted a ruckman, or what I understood to be a ruckman, in the first round of the draft. The game lists him as such but when I picked him for his first game, he couldn’t have been an inch over five foot tall. Easily the smallest player on the field. They need to sort out height minimums per position when they’re creating fake players for future drafts or let the user re-designate a player’s position.

Oh, and when it came time to choose my sponsor for the year, I opted for the one that pays $325k per win. I kept pressing accept the offer but the game did not register my acceptance. Then subsequently, unprompted, I got an email saying I get nothing all year but $1 million in the first week of the finals and doubling thereafter — but with no sponsorship income during the year I’m nearly out of cash.

It’s a fun little game and by all means I am quite enjoying it. But it would be infinitely better without all these bugs.

I also drafted a ruckman, or what I understood to be a ruckman, in the first round of the draft. The game lists him as such but when I picked him for his first game, he couldn’t have been an inch over five foot tall. Easily the smallest player on the field. They need to sort out height minimums per position when they’re creating fake players for future drafts or let the user re-designate a player’s position.
Yeah had a similar issue with round 1 2021, as Brisbane’s (designated) ruck couldn’t have been anymore than 190cm tall. The fact that they have this issue, which they had on release of Evo 1 before fixing, is amateur hour

I am halfway through my second season in coach career mode. Quirks so far below (some funny, some infuriating):

Signed Scott Pendlebury in free agency, came up against Collingwood, and he was still a player on their side too.

Unlike the 2020 fixture which was based on the intended fixture for this season, the 2021 fixture is an assortment of games at odd times on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Hawthorn v Freo at 4.45 on a Wednesday at the G? Sure, why not? Two games on at the same time at Marvel Stadium? Seems a weekly feature. I get that it doesn’t materially affect gameplay but it’s just annoying.

Worse still, there’s no provision for “second” home grounds. E.g. Hawthorn doesn’t play any games in Tassie. It’s just a bunch of games at the G.

Oh, and when it came time to choose my sponsor for the year, I opted for the one that pays $325k per win. I kept pressing accept the offer but the game did not register my acceptance. Then subsequently, unprompted, I got an email saying I get nothing all year but $1 million in the first week of the finals and doubling thereafter — but with no sponsorship income during the year I’m nearly out of cash.

It’s a fun little game and by all means I am quite enjoying it. But it would be infinitely better without all these bugs.
Yeah had a similar issue with round 1 2021, as Brisbane’s (designated) ruck couldn’t have been anymore than 190cm tall. The fact that they have this issue, which they had on release of Evo 1 before fixing, is amateur hour
Hi both, how did you feel during the first sesaon when the other teams offer no competition, they can't hit a barn door from two yards! But, if you had competitive first seasons what did you change.

Havent had the chance to play this yet but ive got it downloading now, What is the career mode like? And what is the trading and free agency like during a season mode?
First thing is you must adjusts setting. Game on the default settings makes the game unplayable.
Its good once you work out the correct setting for you're preference.

You won't like it on default as for one the AI goal kicking accuracy is so low they miss every shot at goal. They also just randomly kick out on the full all the time.

So there will be a few things to work out before you start to get the use of it.
I've just worked my customized setting out now where I can tolerate playing it and just had a great game against Kangas where I was 30 points down to come from behind to win by 3 points. Was a lot of fun.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there is unfair expectations for the majority (there's always haters and trolls in everything) .

When you have had four (technically 5 if PsP counts) goes at it spanning a decade you would think there would be more of a gameplay improvement and polished (they did change engines so maybe that's a excuse for this one).

My preference would be to team up two developers so there is enough staff to make meaningful entries every 2- 3 years. e. g WW + Big Ant but who knows if anyone would agree to that and Covid 19 will make a lot of ideas uncertain financially

Can you access the career modes you’ve started on both Switch and PS4?

I don't think there is unfair expectations for the majority (there's always haters and trolls in everything) .

When you have had four (technically 5 if PsP counts) goes at it spanning a decade you would think there would be more of a gameplay improvement and polished (they did change engines so maybe that's a excuse for this one).

My preference would be to team up two developers so there is enough staff to make meaningful entries every 2- 3 years. e. g WW + Big Ant but who knows if anyone would agree to that and Covid 19 will make a lot of ideas uncertain financially
I can't see that working. I've done projects where two different development companies are involved and it's always a blame game. The issue is always with "their" code.

With no way to report bugs (or if you email them no feedback) here is some more:

AFL Evolution 2_20200410162515_1.jpg
AFL Evolution 2_20200420123813.jpg
AFL Evolution 2_20200420124339.jpg
Already reported but give me an option to scan the field like every other game does when in this view. Obvious choice is the right stick as it isn't doing anything here unless R1 is held, plus every other game uses the right stick for this.

I have to say here too, this isn't the normal camera. It's some camera given to me only for these types of kicks. In this situation I'd like the same camera as the kick out from a behind. This is just too close and doesn't really let me see well down field.

AFL Evolution 2_20200418154556.jpg
AFL Evolution 2_20200418154619.jpg

Two issues here - why is Trent Cotchin asking for a game when he is my captain and why is Trent Cotchin asking for a game when he is injured?

AFL Evolution 2_20200418154605.jpg

This should have been Lambert's 100th game, not 200th. Banner was correct.

AFL Evolution 2_20200420123624.jpg

This goes in the same category as above where I can't scan the field but guess what happened here - yep, kicked out on the full because Astbury was facing the wrong direction and could not be turned around. Another option would be to transition the camera to a wider view when there is a free kick but you need to turn the player around when in this situation. Not having an option here is just dumb.

BallaratBulldog feel free to add this to any consolidated list you may have.

Hi both, how did you feel during the first sesaon when the other teams offer no competition, they can't hit a barn door from two yards! But, if you had competitive first seasons what did you change.

I didn't find the CPU to be noncompetitive, to be honest. Unlike others here, I did not change the default sliders either. I basically started the first season on "Senior" difficulty until I got the hang of it, and then started increasing the difficulty week to week to keep all the finishes close. In fact, in some close games, I was probably assisted by the seemingly random goalkicking metre where the CPU would miss from 15m out directly in front even though it's an obvious glitch...although it was probably balanced out by the CPU kicking arsey goals in general play from 40m out on the boundary. That said, I never played AFL Evo 1 and I rarely play video games at all these days (usually only NBA 2K and Madden for a few weeks once they're released) so I'm probably not as naturally adept at them as others.

We’ve just kicked off Round 5 of our SC Draft League season. For those who don’t know, I created custom teams on the game using our Supercoach Draft teams. 11 round season (all play each other once), AI’s play each other on ten minute quarters and I manually track stats in an excel spreadsheet.

These are our stats post Round 4:

E72CE674-0287-499D-8056-22EC092F9CB8.jpeg
80EBE22F-0FC4-4A09-849D-1097238BDF14.jpeg
D3B47313-0DCE-4DA9-9389-5CEA73237660.jpeg

I’m currently streaming a game right now, I’d love any views and follows that people can send my way! It’s just an isolation project, so be kind lol. Cheers.

twitch.tv/jjsmitty8

"That's a great goal by Jack Darling as the Eagles extend their commanding lead against the Tigers!"
*flicks switch*

"Freo!" *clap clap clap* "Freo!" *clap clap clap* "Freo!"

:$

May be different but when I play West Coast it's "Eagles!" *clap clap clap* "Eagles!" *clap clap clap* "Eagles!"

It does sound a touch like 'Freo' but it's definitely 'Eagles' to my ear.

I've penned some more AFL video game thoughts if anyone is interested:

Good read. Very well thought out article that a lot of the Facebook crowd would do well to read.

One small correction though, "Is the decision to release the game early without a patch to blame?" The game does already have a patch. Not a substantial one, and one that no one really knows what it fixed, but it does have one. If you downloaded digitally you get the latest version automatically but anyone with a disc version would've seen it download v1.01 when they threw the disc in.

But good write up overall. I particularly like the part about EA. You can bet some of the Facebook nuffies that love to sit there and say s**t like "Just get EA to make it" are the same ones that complain non-stop about other EA games/microtransactions.

Last edited:

It's not unfair at all to expect that the games should be a lot further along than they are, especially given how many attempts they've had. These games, whilst playable and somewhat enjoyable, are definitely sub-par.

Career mode has barely changed from AFLL2. It's still got the same injury bugs, ruck bugs, and canned emails that were always there. We get it, their best player is always the in form player, and my player with 7 weeks still to go with a fractured face wants to play this week.

The expectation of Fifa/2K that we see from the Facebook nuffies is clearly over the top. But Evolution or FIFA aren't the only two options. There is a LOT of ground in between. It's very reasonable to expect something of higher quality than what we're getting while accepting it isn't going to be a AAA game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back