AFL Evolution 2 PC Modding thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Update:
Have tried putting it in both audio and music but no success, as I said could be caused by there not being a Brisbane folder like there is for the jumpers.
(I did name it afl_brisbane)
When you put the mp4 into UE4 it puts out 2 files being a UASSET file and a UEXP file, if you try to put only the UASSET in the game crashes and if you put both in it just shuffles the theme songs down one, Brisbane was the carlton song and Melbourne had the north song.
The reason I tried to put one in is that in Fmodel there's no UEXP*.
Let me know if anyone finds a solution.

* 1652461588448.png

Yep here you go. In this one I edited Adelaide's 2020 home guernsey, which is the first one that appears in the code, just to make it easier. I changed the values of "BackNumberPrimaryColor" to 0,0,0, so the number should appear black in game, and also set "ClothesCanColorOverride" to true. Still doesn't change anything in game.

Thanks for taking a look.
I've had no luck in getting this working unfortunately, I'll continue to have a tinker with it.

Update:
Have tried putting it in both audio and music but no success, as I said could be caused by there not being a Brisbane folder like there is for the jumpers.
(I did name it afl_brisbane)
When you put the mp4 into UE4 it puts out 2 files being a UASSET file and a UEXP file, if you try to put only the UASSET in the game crashes and if you put both in it just shuffles the theme songs down one, Brisbane was the carlton song and Melbourne had the north song.
The reason I tried to put one in is that in Fmodel there's no UEXP*.
Let me know if anyone finds a solution.

*View attachment 1399393
convert your music to a .wav file first and then try it, I dont think ue4 natively supports mp3/4 for audio.
You need both the files ue converts it into (the .uasset and .uexp) and put them into afl\Content\Afl\cmn_con\Audio\music and then pak them as normal.

edit - .wav works, you can also use .ogg, its a way smaller file size and still works well.
I used Audacity download here to export an .mp3 to .wav (and also tried .ogg) and then imported them into ue4.

Last edited:
convert your music to a .wav file first and then try it, I dont think ue4 natively supports mp3/4 for audio.
You need both the files ue converts it into (the .uasset and .uexp) and put them into afl\Content\Afl\cmn_con\Audio\music and then pak them as normal.

edit - .wav works, you can also use .ogg, its a way smaller file size and still works well.
I used Audacity download here to export an .mp3 to .wav (and also tried .ogg) and then imported them into ue4.
Kinda works not really, when they run out and at the end it's all silent.
1652516773612.png
1652516793469.png
1652516810105.png

Kinda works not really, when they run out and at the end it's all silent.
View attachment 1399959
View attachment 1399960
View attachment 1399961
hmm, run out onto the ground worked fine for me, havent played all the way through to the end of a quick match to check yet though.
It should look something like this, before you pak the files:
Screenshot (277).png
and then after you pak the files your game folder should look like this:
Screenshot (278).png
I'll attach the pak I created, just unzip it into your afl evo pak folder and see if it works for you.

Attachments

• pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_brisogg_P.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
hmm, run out onto the ground worked fine for me, havent played all the way through to the end of a quick match to check yet though.
It should look something like this, before you pak the files:
View attachment 1399991
and then after you pak the files your game folder should look like this:
View attachment 1399992
I'll attach the pak I created, just unzip it into your afl evo pak folder and see if it works for you.
Not sure what I changed but now it works :D

Might've been the capital letter in Afl on one of the folders, or that I redid the download of the wav

Is there any way to share paks on bigfooty?

Edit: netslave do you know if team names are values or logos I can't find them in the files
You have to put pak files into a zip folder to upload them to bigfooty.
Right click on your pak file > send to > compressed (zipped) folder.
Then you can upload that .zip folder here.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-14 234240.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-14 234240.png
    318.2 KB · Views: 45
Is there any way to share paks on bigfooty?

Edit: netslave do you know if team names are values or logos I can't find them in the files
Team logos?
afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/ui/logos/teamname

do you know if team names are values
Not quite sure what you mean here.

Last edited:
Here's the pak file for it. I changed "CanColorOverride" to 0 for each number style in DTFootballerNumberStyle.uasset.
God this took way too many hours digging through the gamefiles to get this to work. I'm so damn relieved.
Screenshot 2022-05-15 002539.png

Attachments

• pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_modname_P.zip
    29.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 1652545609185.png
    1652545609185.png
    6 KB · Views: 40
Team logos?
afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/ui/logos/teamname

do you know if team names are values
Not quite sure what you mean here.
As in, are team names images or text, because I would want to completely rebrand brisbane.

Found logos earlier, do you know where the 3d ones are? Like in the intros of the teams, I found something similar but it's just a 3x3 colour thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As in, are team names images or text, because I would want to completely rebrand brisbane.

Found logos earlier, do you know where the 3d ones are? Like in the intros of the teams, I found something similar but it's just a 3x3 colour thing.
Team names are both text and logos. Changing a team name would involve editing a heap of files I think. It's probably be easier just to create a new custom team.
The 3d logos are in afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/prop/3d_logo/teamname and are the s_3d_logo.uasset ones. Could maybe edit them in something like Blender and then try and reimport them back, that would be above my paygrade though.

Last edited:
Team names are both text and logos. Changing a team name would involve editing a heap of files I think. It's probably be easier just to create a new custom team.
The 3d logos are in afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/prop/3d_logo/teamname
1652547344718.png

This is all I see?
How would I change this?

And are 3d logos the same ones used in intros?

Where do I get that to come up, I've been double clicking, and can this be edited like the other logos or do I need a 3d software.

View attachment 1400332
Where you have the texture folder selcted, click above that on afl_bris and then click on the tab up the top that says 2 Packages then double click on the s_3d_logo.uasset and it should open the Model Viewer window. You would need 3D software to edit the model, Blender or 3dMax etc.
Screenshot (280)_LI.jpg

Here's the pak file for it. I changed "CanColorOverride" to 0 for each number style in DTFootballerNumberStyle.uasset.
God this took way too many hours digging through the gamefiles to get this to work. I'm so damn relieved.
View attachment 1400324
Nevermind, it appears it's just broken all number textures. Every club's number is dark grey now :/

Is it possible to totally replace a club, say I turn GC into Southport or move them to Tassie? And can get rid of the North and Hawthorn Tasmania games?
Sort of, depends if you're on PC or console, on console you're limited to making a custom team, which still is a good option, you CAN switch Southport with GCS but they would use gold coasts home ground, so what I suggest Is that you "remake" Southport in 'custom teams' with its logo and jumpers meaning you'll keep the Southport song, logo, fans (meaning what the fans wear) ect.
The reason it'd be good to remake it is because in custom team you can set a home ground, in this case being whatever ground you want in Tassie.

If you're on computer though you can full on mod everything about the team meaning you could add Tasmanian logos onto the jumper.
Again, that's only for PC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back