netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
May as well get this started.
t_home_d_).png

afl_ev02_modded.png

I think jumper textures are the same as Evo 1, 2048 x 2048.
Definately harder to modify than Evo 1, can't just open the .waz file and copy the new jumper texture in unfortunately.
Sorry for the tease, will have more details to share over the weekend hopefully.

May as well get this started.
View attachment 964130
View attachment 964131
I think jumper textures are the same as Evo 1, 2048 x 2048.
Definately harder to modify than Evo 1, can't just open the .waz file and copy the new jumper texture in unfortunately.
Sorry for the tease, will have more details to share over the weekend hopefully.
How did you access the game files? I'm trying to edit quarter length and other bits and pieces?

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
You can use a tool called FModel
Scroll down near the bottom of the page and there is a download link just under the Installation heading.
You may also need to install the .NET Core 3.1 files as well.
I'll write up a guide and maybe do a video on how to do the jumpers in the next few days hopefully.
You can get access to the graphic assets but I'm not sure if you'll actually be able to get to the underlying code though.

ultimaotaku

Rookie
Jun 9, 2012
Largs Bay
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide City
You can use a tool called FModel
Scroll down near the bottom of the page and there is a download link just under the Installation heading.
You may also need to install the .NET Core 3.1 files as well.
I'll write up a guide and maybe do a video on how to do the jumpers in the next few days hopefully.
You can get access to the graphic assets but I'm not sure if you'll actually be able to get to the underlying code though.

OOoOO yeah please do, i'll have a poke around and see what i can figure out.

Desperate to add the PAFC Prison Bar jumper

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just finished the tutorial vid, will write up a text guide and post it here sometime...
Make sure you watch it at 1080p so you can actually read the text.

edit - Also attaching the u4pak files needed

TLDW version:

download Fmodel from https://github.com/iAmAsval/FModel
grab u4pak file from the file attachment in this post, it's a .zip file you'll need to extract the 2 files inside
download Unreal Engine from https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ and install v4.22.3
open up Fmodel and select afl evo2 .pak file
find the jumper textures you want to change and right-click save-image for each one
when you're done close Fmodel and open up the Fmodel/output/icons folder for your image files
edit your image files in photoshop, paint.net, gimp etc. and save
open up unreal engine and start a new blank project with no starter content
delete all the world content so it's completely blank then drag your edited texture files into ue4
save the textures images and select them all then Cook Content for Windows
once it completes the Cooking process right click on one of your textures and click Show in Explorer
click on your project name folder in the location bar in explorer and then Saved-Cooked-WindowsNoEditor-Import-Content
open up a new copy of explorer and create a new folder somewhere and then copy the 2 u4pak files from the .zip you grabbed earlier into it
in your new folder you now need to create a directory structure that is the same as where you saved the files in from Fmodel,
so open Fmodel and navigate to the folder where you took the textures from and replicate the folder structure
ie. in the new folder you created you need to add /afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/player/textures/clothes/afl_melb
copy all the Cooked files from ue4 into the new folder you just created then go back to the root of that folder
run u4pak.cmd and it should flash up a command prompt for a second and then build the new .pak file
go into your steam folder and find afl evo2, usually something like Steam/steamapps/common/afl evolution 2/afl/content/paks
copy the new .pak file you just created into the folder with the existing afl evo 2 .pak file
job done, go play the game

If you're still confused go watch the video again :)

Attachments

• u4pak.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 916
Last edited:

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
just took a look in the files turns out the PB jumper is in there we just can't access it? weird :S MG logo's and all

Ive copied the pb jumper you found over Port's home jumper and added it into a .pak for you, enjoy.
Unzip it into your AFL Evolution 2\afl\Content\Paks folder.

Attachments

• port_home_pb.zip
    162.5 KB · Views: 250

ultimaotaku

Rookie
Jun 9, 2012
Largs Bay
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide City
Anyone found the files for the chants? would love to put some proper PAFC chants into the game i've captured some audio i want to use.

NVM found them gonna try some things

geez the power chant they used heard with nothing else is creepy

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is there any way to mod scanned player faces?

Well, the scanned player faces are in afl/Content/AFL/cmn/con/player/texture/head/afl_teamname
You can try editing one of the player_d textures and see if they change? They might have some sort of checksum on them so they won't show if they have been edited though, only way to find out is to try I guess.

Tezdog112

Debutant
Sep 23, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Well, the scanned player faces are in afl/Content/AFL/cmn/con/player/texture/head/afl_teamname
You can try editing one of the player_d textures and see if they change? They might have some sort of checksum on them so they won't show if they have been edited though, only way to find out is to try I guess.

Aha okay, I’ll try tomorrow. I was wondering if there’s a way to edit a scanned players hair. I’ll be sure to try and let you guys know!

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Really struggling with fixing dustys hair, do you think you could have a go mate? Would appreciate the help
Hey Tez, what exactly are you struggling with?
I have no graphic skills, maybe one of the guys in the Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design forum could help though?

Just did a quick edit, looks like its possible, I added glasses and lovely lipstick to Max:
View attachment 969258
View attachment 969259
To edit the main hair you may have to go into the afl/Content/AFL/cmn/con/player/texture/hair/afl_teamname as well.

That is both very clever and hilarious. We have come a long way from just being able to make our own sponsor boards for the boundary fence as seen in AFL 98/99!!

GetAroundHim99

The World's Biggest Overreactor!
Apr 29, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Melbourne Storm, McLaren
That is both very clever and hilarious. We have come a long way from just being able to make our own sponsor boards for the boundary fence as seen in AFL 98/99!!
I would love to see screenshots of these old sponsor board mods for AFL 98 and 99. XD

But yeah, Things have come a long way. AFL Evo 2 in fact has come a long way in some senses. I think the PC version is the best way to play the game. It actually became very decent on the platform.

I hope that we'll see loads of mods for this.

Oct 4, 2020
AFL Club
Tasmania
Ive copied the pb jumper you found over Port's home jumper and added it into a .pak for you, enjoy.
Unzip it into your AFL Evolution 2\afl\Content\Paks folder.
Sorry if obvious question, but how do I go about putting the pb over the heritage instead of the home jumper? Do I just save the pb under the heritage name and then go though the same process as the tutorial saving as a new .pak file?

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sorry if obvious question, but how do I go about putting the pb over the heritage instead of the home jumper? Do I just save the pb under the heritage name and then go though the same process as the tutorial saving as a new .pak file?
Yep, just make sure to rename it exactly, should do the trick.

Armoooo

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anybody on here have the technical skills to adjust some of the games logic, there are some things that absolutely drive me insane about the career coaching mode I'm into about season 7 with.

Just about every player in the league has an overall score in the high 90's and it is just a constant speccy fest, really takes a bit out of it. I really think that the attribute points should become exponentially more expensive, not just in relation to the stat itself (i.e. it costing more to upgrade marking from 98-99 than it does from 58-59), but also for each attribute point you use in total. Say you've got two players with a score of 58 in marking, one has 99 in all other stats, and one has 60 in all other stats, at the moment it costs the same to upgrade the marking stat, this shouldn't be the case.

The randomised draftees also gets annoying that the names seem to be randomly generated but are not weighted on the popularity of the names. My 2026 side has 3 blokes with the name Overa, 2 Guatimal's and 2 Grayson's. All the new players seem to wear pink or purple boots too which is a bit annoying.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anybody on here have the technical skills to adjust some of the games logic, there are some things that absolutely drive me insane about the career coaching mode I'm into about season 7 with.
I can't see any of the logic when I poke around in the code. I believe most of it gets converted to assembly when the program is run in unreal engine, which means it isn't available to modify. I have seen a few files with player experience earned and player names but havne't found out how to modify it.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Should be able to, look in afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/ui/logos/
You may have to make multiple versions of logo for the different sizes.

Back