Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a site that allows you to access this easily, I’ve searched bit but I’m having trouble getting my head around it I didn’t realise FM was vastly different to pes and fifa. I love the the amount of different attributes the game takes in consideration though.

I know Fifa has 115 player rated 85 and over atm.

Nah, you can access them all via the editor. The Sports Interactive forums discusses data issues but it's always around individual attributes (i.g. jumping reach, acceleration, speed etc) not the overall current or potential rating. CA and PA is more or less left to sort itself out from the attribute ratings.

It's extremely different in that they rate players on potential out of 200, their current ability (which is equal to or lower than potential) and all attributes are out of 20. Overall rating is not available to the player in-game like FIFA/AFL Evo.

I chose to use that as a basis due to their extensive scouting network (it's why clubs like Everton have used it's database in the past and not the FIFA/PES database) and also my knowledge and past work with it. Here is an article that explains it a bit.

Edit: I lie. Here is a site but it isn't accurate. FM doesn't rate players out of 100. Hopefully that helps.

Last edited:
Bought a switch today and craving a sports game because of coronavirus.

Any suggestions on whether I should get Cricket 19 for $40 or this for $80? Is it worth waiting for a few more patches first or is it worth it to get my footy fix?

Cricket 19 100%, particularly on the Switch. AFL Evo 2 looks nearly unplayable on the Switch at its present frame rate, and is just an inferior game overall.

I do preface this by saying that I play the odd game of Evo every now and then, but I always walk away with as much frustration with the game mechanics as I do satisfaction. When I finish a long Cricket 19 session and I've done poorly I don't get mad at the game but rather my own poor play (or perhaps a "that's just cricket" moment here and there).

I really shouldn't discuss overall rating because I think it can be skewed too easily but On the surface this looks fine. The problem comes when you start trying to fit in state leagues, international players, NAB players etc. I think it's better to be discussing individual attributes and let overall rating sort itself out.
I’d argue the individual attributes should be worked out first then the formula that works out the overall should be tweaked so that @JT_the_Man’s template is roughly achieved.

Is there a site that allows you to access this easily, I’ve searched bit but I’m having trouble getting my head around it I didn’t realise FM was vastly different to pes and fifa. I love the the amount of different attributes the game takes in consideration though.

I know Fifa has 115 player rated 85 and over atm

Your argument is ludicrous

If there's say average 25 players per team, 20 teams per league and even say 30 playable leagues.

That's 1500 pro players to choose from that's 8% of players dates above 85.
Using Liverpool as an example or any top team doesn't work when they can spend 500 million to buy good players.

There's roughly 800 AFL players.
8% would be 64 players rated above 85. Much much closer to the mark.

Your argument is ludicrous

If there's say average 25 players per team, 20 teams per league and even say 30 playable leagues.

That's 1500 pro players to choose from that's 8% of players dates above 85.
Using Liverpool as an example or any top team doesn't work when they can spend 500 million to buy good players.

There's roughly 800 AFL players.
8% would be 64 players rated above 85. Much much closer to the mark.
Your argument is incredibly ludicrous.

Soccer leagues are incredibly in even. Most of pros players would be VFL quality comparatively. Its only the top 20 or so clubs in Europe that would have players that AFL quality compared to rest which would only amount to 220 starting 11 players.

Your argument is incredibly ludicrous.

Soccer leagues are incredibly in even. Most of pros players would be VFL quality comparatively. Its only the top 20 or so clubs in Europe that would have players that AFL quality compared to rest which would only amount to 220 starting 11 players.

Haha yeah nah. What a stupid argument. So if only 20 European clubs out of the 100s have quality players why would every AFL club be stacked with them 😂

Melbourne Carlton GC StKilda Fremantle North don't have 8 A grade players each on their list. Probably 100 players get delisted each year plus another close to that mark would be hanging on by a thread, apparently everyone else in your mind is a superstar.

Good to see they are listening and have setup that forum, make sure you post any bugs you find on there.
If they can fix all the listed bugs it will go a long way to making it a half decent game at least.

I always find this intense talk about player ratings interesting. Maybe it's just that people get defensive over their own players. The scales are always arbitrary. Even if we think that a superstar should be 90+, a very good player 80+, just because the game does not reflect these numbers does not mean it doesn't differentiate the players.

We don't actually know at all how they translate into the in game code.

For example, consider a super simple marking contest between Tom Hawkins (mark skill = 100/100) and Spuddly McSpudSpud (mark skill = 20/100). Those numbers alone tell you nothing about the relatively likeliness of Hawkins marking over McSpudSpud. Does he have a 100/20 = 5 times more likely chance? Maybe it's not a linear scale but some power law. Is the difference between a 100 and 90 mark skill the same as between a 60 and 50 mark skill, in terms of its effect on the game? What is the relative likelihood between a mark and a spoil?

I think getting buried in these numbers is overkill for a game with some fundamentally faulty mechanics (although i do appreciate the significant improvement in the marking methodology).

And we talk about players of different skills needing to be differentiated more, but we must also remember that this game covers AFL down to Under 18s. And then it is a challenge to compare across leagues. I dare say a lot of people here would say that the best VFL players would be very solid AFL contributors, but if they keep not getting drafted it's hard to know.

I also think overall player ratings are a concept silly, but that's besides the point :)

Last edited:
Bought a switch today and craving a sports game because of coronavirus.

Any suggestions on whether I should get Cricket 19 for $40 or this for $80? Is it worth waiting for a few more patches first or is it worth it to get my footy fix?
In general, Cricket 19 as it's polished, not sure how long until AFL evo 2 is patched but I'm on PS4, have no clue about switch so take this as in general!

Last edited:
Anyone having trouble with the player switching? If the ball is flying in, by the time the game gives you control of a nearby player, the opposition already has a running start before you can even move. Leads to chains of possessions which you can't contest. And the AI does't seem to start off in any reasonable position to begin with.

Also seem to be getting random frees against me with no notification as to why; I've had opponents kick the ball out of bounds and receive a free for it, I've been pinged for holding the ball without the ball, I've been pinged for a throw after kicking a goal.

At some point during the match usually in the 3rd or 4th quarter the frame rate drops from choppy to consistently awful and it feels like inputs aren't getting through.

Want to support the devs but this port is barely playable in its current state.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really a bug, but I found this amusing. Playing a coach career game as Geelong coach, and in Round 5 get e-mails congratulating Ablett and Selwood on playing 400 games. Only problem is that week Ablett is due to play his 350th and Selwood his 300th. Get to the game and the banner references Anzac Day instead of the milestones, although Anzac Day falls in Round 6....

Not really a bug, but I found this amusing. Playing a coach career game as Geelong coach, and in Round 5 get e-mails congratulating Ablett and Selwood on playing 400 games. Only problem is that week Ablett is due to play his 350th and Selwood his 300th. Get to the game and the banner references Anzac Day instead of the milestones, although Anzac Day falls in Round 6....

Not really a bug ... But several bugs haha

Anyone having trouble with the player switching? If the ball is flying in, by the time the game gives you control of a nearby player, the opposition already has a running start before you can even move. Leads to chains of possessions which you can't contest. And the AI does't seem to start off in any reasonable position to begin with.

Player switching is pretty broken over all. Same with the target selector when trying to lock on to a target. Cycles through the same few people despite the right stick pointing clearly at the receiver I want then calls play on before you can select the right one.

On top of this - emails saying “Player X seeking opportunity” but they’ve been in the side all season lol... would be great to see legit emails about vfl form and a player actually banging the door down from the vfl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back