AFL Evolution - 2018 season update

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any way to stop the teams lineup resetting after every game?

Pissing me off.

Hey man. Just checked. In Career mode as a coach, it’s under settings > manager settings and then team lineup will either be manual or auto (auto is what resets it).
If you’re doing a competition/season mode, it’s under Competition Options > Team Lineup

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

HELP - my kids have he upgrade and when we pick any team it always seems to be missing the stars - Eddie Betts, Fyfe etc. how do we get them when selecting their club?

Thats weird. Are they playing in competition mode/career mode? If so, it might be an auto lineup thing. No pattern with the lineups, just chucks players anywhere. See my post above for that fix

If it's happening in single matches, it could be an issue with the default lists maybe? Go to List Manager on the main menu and edit the team lists. Or, if they've gone and created a custom team, just make sure they haven't traded the players out . Otherwise, i have no idea sorry! May need to reach out to Wicked Witches or the old uninstall/reinstall

Back into playing this now since the 2018 pack.

Can anyone tell me how to save my team? Basically when I start a game I have to select all the players I want player because WW has put Shaun Hampson in my starting line up...lol

After I finish that game, it goes back to the default line up. Is there anyway to stop this? This is during a season.

Back into playing this now since the 2018 pack.

Can anyone tell me how to save my team? Basically when I start a game I have to select all the players I want player because WW has put Shaun Hampson in my starting line up...lol

After I finish that game, it goes back to the default line up. Is there anyway to stop this? This is during a season.

hey mate, go two posts up and read my response to CasuallyDressed. That will be the cause i'd imagine. You need to change team lineup to manual

hey mate, go two posts up and read my response to CasuallyDressed. That will be the cause i'd imagine. You need to change team lineup to manual
Thanks mate.

Has anyone created the proper state teams yet? I've seen a Swan Districts one but that's it.

Has anyone created the proper state teams yet? I've seen a Swan Districts one but that's it.

Would take a bit of effort i'd say. I created a heap of NT Thunder players for my career with them > but getting the stats right is hard. I made them all 60-65 and they were too overpowered.

I downloaded Richard Tambling from the Hub and he's like 67, my best player haha his nickname is Disaster (poor bloke) but he's been my best on every week

Does anyone know how to mod the Tissot logo back onto the score board?

Attachments

• tiss.jpg
    tiss.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 222
  • tiss2.jpg
    tiss2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 226
I love just getting a kick off as you get tackled. Ball trickles off the foot like it's a dribble kick - the perfect end result of running toward the goal.

Also had a bizarre moment. I have seen the AI kick the ball straight at the behind post (when kicking in from out on the full) which results in a free kick for myself. This time around though the AI kicked the ball into the behind post, it bounced forward and into the field of play...... allowing my player to run for the loose ball and snap a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game is underrated in my opinion, and I wasn't much a fan of AFL Live 2, loved AFL Live 1.

Evolution has done a lot of good things. You could place it somewhere in the top 50 sports games around the globe right now.

It probably just needs incremental upgrades with smoother graphics, adding new skills/plays here and there, like what NBA 2K has done. Adding depth.

Ahhh finished my first season with NT Thunder as losing prelim finalists, and instead of being offered a job in NEAFL or SANFL, i was offered contracts by Sydney and Geelong. Anybody completed a year in state leagues and been offered contracts for state leagues, or is it only AFL clubs that come sniffing? I wish it gave you the option to at least stay with your current club at the end of the year (if you have passed your expectations)

Does anyone have a list of the new players with likenesses? Cheers.

Pretty sure its Dylan Shiel, Jeremy McGovern, Elliot Yeo, Brad Crouch, Rory Laird, David Zaharakis, Zach merrett, Lachie Neale, Marc Blicavs, Tom Mitchell, Robbie Tarrant, Toby Nankervis and Seb Ross. Might be one or two i missed

IMG_1041.JPG

A percentage that low, considering the amount of people who own this game, I surely must be like 1/3 people ever to have gotten this achievement haha

I've done the NEAFL, SANFL and WAFL.
My tip, pick an AFL affiliated team, so for WAFL East Perth or peel, for SANFL Port Magpies or Adelaide, for NEAFL GWS, Sydney, GC or Brisbane.
I don't know why I can't get the achievement for doing all 3 though.

Anyone see that an aboriginal artist is suing the AFL as he don't think they were offered enough for their bulldogs aboriginal jumper from last year. Might explain why WW pulled all the aboriginal designs in the 2018 update.

He said he was fine with the AFL using it during the round last year, but wanted 'only' $30,000 for his one design appearing in the game, and the AFL only offered $6000..

After a few weeks break I started playing the game again. Took a few minutes (basically the first half of my first game back) to get in the groove again. North Melbourne were in front by 14... I was resigned to probably losing the match. Until the third quarter started and I piled on the next 6 goals to eventually win by 20 points.

The following game I smashed Adelaide by almost 100 points. The kicker was just under half of my score was kicked in the first quarter (54 points). Scoring slowed in the second and third before I belted them again in the 4th.

A few more games were played that I won between 20-30 points. Which leads me to round 20 v Richmond. Hawthorn undefeated in 1st.... Richmond was 14th on the ladder. And they bloody smashed me! I blame it on having so many rookies. Scoring 8 goals to 0 in the first quarter. I made a fight back in the second (for some reason left to right was the easy scoring end). Kicking 5 unanswered goals before they piled on 3 more.

They kicked away in the third. I attempted a comeback in the last quarter but lost by 6 goals.

Smashed Brisbane by 42 points (should have been by 10 more goals but I kicked too many behinds that game)

Next up Geelong in 9th position. I'm still 16 points clear of second spot. So another loss won't hurt.

After a few weeks break I started playing the game again. Took a few minutes (basically the first half of my first game back) to get in the groove again. North Melbourne were in front by 14... I was resigned to probably losing the match. Until the third quarter started and I piled on the next 6 goals to eventually win by 20 points.

The following game I smashed Adelaide by almost 100 points. The kicker was just under half of my score was kicked in the first quarter (54 points). Scoring slowed in the second and third before I belted them again in the 4th.

A few more games were played that I won between 20-30 points. Which leads me to round 20 v Richmond. Hawthorn undefeated in 1st.... Richmond was 14th on the ladder. And they bloody smashed me! I blame it on having so many rookies. Scoring 8 goals to 0 in the first quarter. I made a fight back in the second (for some reason left to right was the easy scoring end). Kicking 5 unanswered goals before they piled on 3 more.

They kicked away in the third. I attempted a comeback in the last quarter but lost by 6 goals.

Smashed Brisbane by 42 points (should have been by 10 more goals but I kicked too many behinds that game)

Next up Geelong in 9th position. I'm still 16 points clear of second spot. So another loss won't hurt.
Same as you, been away for a while, played as the Saints vs Brisbane in round 1. Down by 41 at 3/Q time. Came back and won, probably the best game i've had on AFL Evo

Occasionally the animations can be a bit too robotic and janky. But when they look free flowing and natural its as mouth watering as fifa (when you perform awesome moves).

Bit self indulgent but I'll demonstrate (I really need to record the game footage more often.... been a bit lazy and just played on Xbox instead of pc lately).

Only need to watch the first 30 seconds (sorry Geelong fans! ha!), but I've emulated many real life football situations. I've done the Burgoyne goal from the 2013 grand final a handful of times. On this occasion it wasn't a kick off the ground that launched the forward 50 attack. But rather I ran the ball in kicked it, opposition gathered it, I tackled, gained possession and did a chain of handballs where the player got free on the final one and scored the goal.

I had another really cool moment where I "marked" the ball just inside the boundary line. For whatever reason it wasn't counted as a legal mark (whether it was touched orrrr wasn't kicked far enough I'm not 100% sure things just happened very fast). Opposition players were starting to swam, so I took a few steps forward, handballed the ball into semi open space. Gathered my own handball, ran a few more steps and kicked the goal from just inside 50 on a very tight angle. It was an amazing goal and of course I gave myself a pat on the back for a job well done :D.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back