AFL Evolution - Create a Player/Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

wow... Did they at least say they would ''implement this in the future''?
"Hey Shane, the ability to create your own guernsey from scratch would be a great addition, and we will let the dev team know of your suggestion. It is not something that will be in the game for launch however."

Maybe it's due to trademark issues or a request from the teams/afl to not edit or change their jumper designs?
Sucks for the gamers though.
Unless they have specific logos like Carlton and West Coast, the teams don't own designs as such. The Crows don't own tricolour hoops, otherwise Central District would be in trouble. Likewise the sash teams, I'd say most leagues in the country would have some sort of sash team.

A game based on a real sporting league. I don't understand getting knickers in a knot because you can't customise uniforms with a tool as robust as photoshop.
No one's asking for a tool as robust as photoshop, we just want to be able to select colours for basic designs, that's MS Paint stuff. It's been a thing since the N64, if not earlier. If a game is going to use custom teams as a big selling point, it makes no sense to have such limited guernsey options.

Even FIFA's create functions aren't what they used to be. It's an area of gaming becoming too difficult to continue to include as graphics and textures improve.

Sent from mTalk

Even FIFA's create functions aren't what they used to be. It's an area of gaming becoming too difficult to continue to include as graphics and textures improve.

Sent from mTalk

You're being very kind. The patterns are already there, changing a colour isn't very ******* complicated

Sent from mTalk
FIFA's creation centre was removed due to regulations in regards to copyright, which meant that they had to monitor and control what logos and artwork was being uploaded to the service. Tru blu has obviously found that this sort of thing is actually fine, because it is all possible in DBC.

The kit customiser is still found in the pro clubs game mode over in FIFA, so there is no problem from a graphical standpoint.

As others have mentioned though, all we really are asking for is for some simple hoops, stripes sashes etc. that we can customise in simple colours.

When looking through the files, the boot textures were red, green and blue so that we can change the colour when editing our player, I don't see why they couldn't do that with the jumpers.

You're being very kind. The patterns are already there, changing a colour isn't very ******* complicated
Exactly. Even just using the DBC14 method of changing the colours to alpha channels does the trick. Considering modders were pumping out multiple designs a day for that game in their spare time you'd expect a game development company might be able to smash out 10 or 15 in a year.

When looking through the files, the boot textures were red, green and blue so that we can change the colour when editing our player, I don't see why they couldn't do that with the jumpers.
You can definitely do it when selecting your boots. So the function is already in the game, they just couldn't be bothered applying it to guernseys.

As others have mentioned though, all we really are asking for is for some simple hoops, stripes sashes etc. that we can customise in simple colours.
Something as simple as Ultimate Footy's would be all I want. A few basic/generic designs and freedom with a colour tool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've done a few updates on Carlton players check them out, KJURTIS44

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 358966 View attachment 358965

Tried to make my own version of Eric Hipwood in the academy. Slowly getting there I think. Left is old one, right new one

Some players you just gotta settle for something like "eh, atleast it's better than the default". I've been working on Hipwood too, and amongst others (see below); I've found he's one of those. Could tweak all day and still wouldn't get it perfect.

That said, if anyone has any requests, I'd be happy to give it my best shot and I'll upload them all when the game comes out.

hipwood.jpg

wines.jpg

hampton.jpg

Last edited:
Some players you just gotta settle for something like "eh, atleast it's better than the default". I've been working on Hipwood too, and amongst others (see below); I've found he's one of those. Could tweak all day and still wouldn't get it perfect.

That said, if anyone has any requests, I'd be happy to give it my best shot and I'll upload them all when the game comes out.

View attachment 359113
View attachment 359114
View attachment 359115

Your Eric looks so much better. Legend.

View attachment 359113
View attachment 359114
View attachment 359115
id just leave the wines one, maybe change the hair only imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back