AFL Evolution minor patch/bugs reporting thread

The rule where if the ball isn't touched from a kick-out then it's a free to the opposite team, inexplicably, isn't included.

The commentary regularly says that a team is in front when they're actually six goals down.

The count-up clock doesn't count when a player is assessing his options waiting to kick in from a behind. It should never stop.

i have had this free kick paid against me the other day, definitely in the game.

Buddy Love#23

Senior List
Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions
Not sure if this has been mentioned here yet but there's a serious problem with Be a Pro mode. Firstly, if you get reported during a game and the game is going to suspend you afterwards you cannot finish the game. The siren for the fourth quarter will sound, you'll scroll the stats etc. and when you try to advance it will just restart the 4th quarter. This ONLY happens if you receive weeks after the game. If you get reported but don't receive a suspension it's okay.

Secondly (I've seen this already mentioned but it HAS to be mentioned as many times as possible), his is the worst glitch I have seen. If you are suspended for the last game of the home & away season YOU CANNOT ADVANCE YOUR CAREER. I was suspended for Round 18 of the TAC Cup season and when I click "Advance" the game crashes, I'm taken to a blue screen with an error code and I have to reboot the game. Nothing I do will allow me to advance my career so I'm permanently stuck and have had to abandon the career. This is ******* unacceptable.

Jun 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
When you enter the fanhub to edit an existing player and sort their names alphabetically, they show up as the default player in that position regardless if you create a copy or not.

For example, Adelaide's list starts off with Laird, Talia, Cheney and Lever. When they are sorted alpabetically, it shows Atkins, Beech, Betts and Brown. Selecting Atkins is showing up as Laird instead, Beech is showing up as Talia, Betts as Cheney and so on.

Sorting them in descending order is giving the same results; Wigg as Laird, Walker as Talia, Thompson as Cheney etc.

skill1414

Team Captain
Mar 8, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Your player positions that you change during the quarter sometimes gets reset at the quarter breaks rather than staying put.

Your player positions that you change during the quarter sometimes gets reset at the quarter breaks rather than staying put.
For some crazy reason that's by design. It mentions it on one of the loading screens.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Getting annoyed by the wrong commentary for player names. Lynch from Gold Coast is constantly called kolodjashnij and matera is refered to as lonergan.

churner

Debutant
Jun 8, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
played online last night, kick stopped in midair, ballup called on wing, ball again froze in air and the game remained in limbo even after the siren. couldn't even quit the match.

Freo16

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure if it's a glitch or something on my end ( it probably is)

But I just can't play online for whatever reason, I can find an opponent no problem but while I wait for my opponent to get set up I either get kicked back to the main menu with no reasoning or get kicked to the online base menu with the message "online lobby no longer available"

Have no problems with other games online but vaguely remember a similar problem in Live 1 pre patch

Tabsy

Draftee
May 11, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can we fix the drafting/rookies? Simulated draftees have the most random stats ever- i.e. Marking 99, kicking 99, speed 25.
Also their heights/weights are way off. I drafted a ruckman that was 177cm tall and a full forward that was 179cm and 59kg...

Tabsy

Draftee
May 11, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Also, sharing custom teams constantly comes up with "cannot upload because player name contains profanity" definitely no profanity in any of the names.. not even half of a bad word. I've also tried removing just about every player from the team and still can't get it to work. Thinking that should be an easy fix.

KingNothing

All Australian
Sep 23, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I was leading 10 goals to 3 early in the third quarter when my opponent rage quit. I received a loss for this game.

I was leading 2 goals to 0 early in the first quarter when my opponent dropped out. I received a loss for this game.

My internet dropped out with the scores 0-0 after 20 seconds. I received a loss for this game.

The last one I could cop, but the first two... What's up with that??

Scottty

Senior List
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
Are we collating the legitimate bugs in the OP if WW were to every read this?

One I'm experiencing atm- when editing players it asks if you want to create a copy of the player- if you say yes some players will be copied but as a random bald player that doesn't resemble the copied player at all.

The only way to fix some of the players appearances is to create a copy and save them but if they don't copy properly you might as well be re-creating the player from scratch.

Tizd1nonly

Debutant
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Had instances were a pack of players run a pattern around a loose ball with no one able to pick it up.

No option to be able to save mid game and pick up later.

End to end camera should be able to pivot to see the wings when taking a field kick.

Be a pro needs to be able to simulate till next time on ground.

Dribble kicks should have the ability to turn corners like from the boundary heading towards goal square then gripping and turning towards goal line.

Best on ground always seems to be highest goal scorer and it should be be 3 2 1 votes not 1 2 3 podium.

Need league leaders for stats.

Need Coleman and Brownlow medal awards all Australian would be nice. Rising star.

Player stats are all over the place please just use champion data reference and can get more life like skills for the actual player.

Glenn H

Draftee
May 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Bugs/issues Ive found

1. Can run into center square at bounce
2. Can't skip through game play when on the bench till you are on the field again
3. When reading through the stats commentators say you are being dominated in a stat but you are leading the stat
4. No season tracking on coleman medal
5. Difficulty settings vary too much between each level.
6. Computer AI for team mates is stupid. runs into goal post for a point with no opponents etc.

Tyzza_07_09_11

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2016
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
MelbourneStars, Triple Eight Racing
I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but the commentary needs some major reworking...
- Player names completely wrong (e.g. Menegola instead of Menzel, Cowan instead of Guthrie)

- Commentary of a set shot while kicking out

- Richo saying "that's the worst kick I've ever seen" when it just misses from a running shot 40m out

Loving the game other than this stuff though!

Buddy Love#23

Senior List
Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions
Anyone come across the problem when you are lining up for goal, you pull back on the right stick and the player automatically chips the ball short? Happens quite often for me, very annoying as it results in an instant turnover.
I've had a weird one where I'll pull back on the stick, and instead of calmly walking in they'll full on sprint. Very strange.

blueheart

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Just posted this in main thread then realised it should probably be in this thread: Wow so started my 2nd season with my Blues...... Our new home ground is the GABBA And yes have checked the rest of the fixture after round 1 and all our home games are scheduled at the GABBA Our membership numbers may start to decline ouch.... Also noticed other teams are scheduled to play on VFL grounds as well. My new recruit Bontempelli has been given the number 4 Guernsey only problem is that no one told Bryce Gibbs as he is also wearing no 4 which I reckon he is entitled too The Bont also also called Shuey by commentators. Please fix WW as this game has huge potential but as of now I am not sure I can continue my career playing at the GABBA every week

KingNothing

All Australian
Sep 23, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone come across the problem when you are lining up for goal, you pull back on the right stick and the player automatically chips the ball short? Happens quite often for me, very annoying as it results in an instant turnover.

Probably happened half a dozen times to me... Always at the worst possible time too. Never in a game I win by 10 goals, only when I'm trying to mount a comeback hahah.

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
I played as North Ballarat last night and they had North Melbourne players in the team.
This should be corrected to Werribee being North Melbourne's VFL affiliate and North Ballarat being a stand alone VFL team.

Also, Collingwood's VFL guernseys are outdated.

AFLW teams should not be rated anywhere near AFL teams. Most of them are only below Carlton by a few percent.

It would be nice to see some information about your players injuries in season mode. Particularly a rough guide for how long they will be out.

Last edited:

Tizd1nonly

Debutant
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Just recently after a week of playing all of a sudden the sound effects drop out for parts of the game or the hole game then come back. But crowd always there, wierd how it never did it now it does

Archer_11

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A bit worried about the combination of constant dropping the ball frees AND the broken advantage rule. It's great motivation to just wait until the opposition picks up the ball first.

Back