AFL Evolution minor patch/bugs reporting thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it might be a good idea to collate minor issues with the game that could be easily addressed in a patch, just to add a level of polish which might improve people's experience.

Things I'm thinking of:
  • Mitch McGovern is listed as 32 years old in career mode
  • Teams that had BLK jumpers still have old designs
  • West Coast Eagles fans and flags all feature the 2015 tri-panel jumper
  • Some VFL grounds are incorrectly referenced in commentary
  • In the menus at the end of a game, there is often a line of commentary about the rucks squaring off for the opening bounce
Things I'm not thinking of:
  • Significant changes to the game-play (e.g. "Marking is broken", "AI goal kicking"). While I'm sure we can all agree there are game play modifications that would be ideal, and though we will hopefully get an AI goal-kicking patch soon, I think a thread of minor/non-gameplay issues has merit as a point of reference.
Let's get a list together that would be an easy reference point in the purely hypothetical world where a Wicked Witches employee actually reads this board.

I'll paste what I wrote in the main thread

"If you sort the list of current players you want to edit by rating and then click on one of the players to edit their attributes, it chooses the wrong player.

Eg. Ben Stratton is on top of the Hawks list by default. If I sort the list by player rating and then go to edit Rioli, it will edit Ben Stratton by default."

I don't think the marking and goalkicking problems should be considered significant changes at all. People are having a problem with what should be a simple game function - marking. They need to change it so at least the timing is more lax or something. They also need to change the overcorrection on the way the AI kicks set shots close to goal. Those things shouldn't be hard to do.

Not being able to see top disposal/goalkickers etc for the league. Makes it a bit hard to see how you are going in the coleman
Ah. That's a huge part in any sports game for me. Stat boards. That has to be fixed.
Holding off buying it for now whereas previously I was always a "take my money" when it came to AFL games.
Graphics and career mode never really bothered me if the game was playable.
The insta tackle HTB from AFL1 broke the gameplay in my mind. Scarred since then.

I started a career as a Foward Pocket and almost every time the opponent got a kick out my player would be positioned to infringe on the mark and give away 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- No clangers are made by AI teams as evidenced in the post match stats. Difficulty on Hard.

- Your "direct opponent" in Be a Pro doesnt follow his team's kick out tactics.

- You can run inside the centre square before the umpire bounces the ball. This should be a free kick to the opposition.

- Manning the mark is pointless. You cannot touch the ball. Also, direct opponent has to man the mark even if he is on the other side of the field.

- No clearance stats.

- Commentary stops abruptly before saying a player's name or team name often. They also get it wrong when saying which team is in the lead sometimes.

- Commentary said qualifying final when it was actually an elimination final. Also said that neither team would be out if they lost, which is wrong.

- Glitch when editing players after using the sort button.

- Be a Pro stats too easy to bump up.

- No 50 meter penalty for AI running through the protected zone after a mark.

- Be a pro player gets reported but no tribunal to go to.

- Can't sprint while waiting for an opposition kickout in Be a Pro. Can run, but not sprint until the ball is kicked out.

- AI just torpedos the ball from a kick out 9 out of 10 times.

- Using the clearance kick button often results in marks not being paid.

- Kicks under 15m get paid if you use normal kick button.

- L1 is the "change camera" button in Be a Pro but is also still the "lock on to reciever" button so it does both at the same time.

- Be a Pro player only comes back on from the bench after the start of a new quarter rather than during the game. Also never comes back on after the half time break.

- Not able to simulate time on the bench until your player comes back on in Be a Pro, it just sims to the end of the game.

I think there's a really simple solution for marking: Make the circles turn green when you're supposed to hit Y. How does that sound to everyone? A nice, clear visual aid.

Other fixes:

Free kicks. You always get pinged for HTB/throw, the AI rarely does. This feels like a cheap way to increase difficulty but it just makes it frustrating.
The advantage rule. It's completely broken. If it's too hard to implement properly, drop it entirely.
The dinky little marks that get paid to the AI when the ball clearly hasn't travelled 15m.

I think these issues cause the most frustration for me. Fix them (and the silly little ones like Gov Jnr being 32 etc) and this game will be great. And from what I can see, they should be rather simple fixes. Even if one of them might be ditching the advantage rule completely.

-Crows fan flags use the old logo
Nothing wrong with that!

Don't know if it has been mentioned already but I've got players in my career with numbers that double up.

The rule where if the ball isn't touched from a kick-out then it's a free to the opposite team, inexplicably, isn't included.

The commentary regularly says that a team is in front when they're actually six goals down.

The count-up clock doesn't count when a player is assessing his options waiting to kick in from a behind. It should never stop.

Not being able to see top disposal/goalkickers etc for the league. Makes it a bit hard to see how you are going in the coleman
Yeah this definitely needs adding. Just another tab for "all teams" or something like that.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, there doesn't seem to be anywhere in competition mode to find out how many weeks a player is injured for. They just show up with a red cross in the team lineup and if you try and put them in the team it just says "This player in injured."

I've been playing the competition/season mode or whatever it is where you play the 2017 season week by week as whichever teams you want, and I have had problems when playing as the away team. I have been unable to make manual interchanges when I am playing as the away team (it just wont let me sub anyone) and also the commentators get the names of my players totally wrong. They seem to swap the names of my defenders and forwards eg. calling 'Wood' 'Williams' and 'Brown' 'Atley'.

I reckon the threshold for bananas to take place of torps needs to expanded a lot (in general play, not set shots). Seems like a banana won't take effect unless you're within about a metre or two of the boundary line. Either that or a different button. Sick of being in the pocket but not close enough to the boundary so they end up torping it across the face.

I reckon the threshold for bananas to take place of torps needs to expanded a lot (in general play, not set shots). Seems like a banana won't take effect unless you're within about a metre or two of the boundary line. Either that or a different button. Sick of being in the pocket but not close enough to the boundary so they end up torping it across the face.

Yeah I agree I've missed a lot goals that way very frustrating!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I started a career as a Foward Pocket and almost every time the opponent got a kick out my player would be positioned to infringe on the mark and give away 50

I came to report exactly this. It happens because the player is repositioned after every replay/cut scene. The default position of the forward pocket on a kick out is within the infringement zone and the ump calls it almost immediately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back