AFL EVOLUTION Positivity + Constructive Criticism Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A.I is still the biggest issue in this game. Teams do not routinely kick 2.15, it is ridiculous to have a run of about 5 consecutive plays of behind, kick in, marked by CHF. repeat...

On the subject of CHF, they are involved far too often in the game, it is unrealistic for a CHF to be constantly the highest posession winner on the ground.

Marking contests 90% of the time are won by either player, this is completely unrealistic as in real Football most marking contests result in a 50/50 splt with the ball coming to ground.

I simply cannot work out the logic behind free kicks, it appears to be 100% random.

My biggest gripe with this game is disposal efficiency, every single player who i do not control has 100% disposal efficiency, there are no shanks, no bad decisions, nothing. This is not just a single game issue, it happens every game I play.

The 1 on 1 defending is lazy programming, AFL teams have not played 1 on 1 defense in nearly 20 years, it is all zone and positional defense these days.

The advantage rule is broken, the ball often ends up in your players hand by chance and it is immediately called advantage even if you do not wish to take it.

There is no automatic play on for kicks clearly less than 15m.

That's all I can think of for now, I'll be honest it is a bad game, which is only playable in two player or online mode, however even then it is still very bad.

A.I is still the biggest issue in this game. Teams do not routinely kick 2.15, it is ridiculous to have a run of about 5 consecutive plays of behind, kick in, marked by CHF. repeat...

Doesn't happen as often on hard or legend, they've been in the words of Bruce.... dead eye dicks in front of goal. Missing anywhere from 2-8 shots..... most I've seen on medium was 28 behinds lol.

Doesn't happen as often on hard or legend, they've been in the words of Bruce.... dead eye dicks in front of goal. Missing anywhere from 2-8 shots..... most I've seen on medium was 28 behinds lol.
You're insane if you don't think this happens on Hard. I played a game against Port in my career where they kicked 1.15 for the game. They were 0.15 before Westhoff toe-poked one through from the square. Either WW tested this and thought it was fine, or they didn't test the game at all. I'm not sure which one is worse.

You're insane if you don't think this happens on Hard. I played a game against Port in my career where they kicked 1.15 for the game. They were 0.15 before Westhoff toe-poked one through from the square. Either WW tested this and thought it was fine, or they didn't test the game at all. I'm not sure which one is worse.

I never said it doesn't happen at all, I said it RARELY does. I've played more than half a regular season on hard (and legend), behinds are present but they're not missing every single shot in front of goal. I've seen more behinds in the be a pro/solo controlled player mode.

A lot of the scores are similar to that in real life (anywhere from 1-15 behinds). They do need to find a happy medium, I wouldn't want them to patch it so the AI never misses and you get scores of 18.0 108

I never said it doesn't happen at all, I said it RARELY does. I've played more than half a regular season on hard (and legend), behinds are present but they're not missing every single shot in front of goal. I've seen more behinds in the be a pro/solo controlled player mode.

A lot of the scores are similar to that in real life (anywhere from 1-15 behinds). They do need to find a happy medium, I wouldn't want them to patch it so the AI never misses and you get scores of 18.0 108
I have only played career mode on hard and literally have not seen a single AI team kick more goals than behinds from the 20+ matches I've played.

Well we're having completely different experiences then!

Some of the Hard/Legend AI scores I've played against:

Kangaroos 8.18

GCS 15.9

Geelong 16.8

Port Adelaide 6.15

Essendon 19.3

EDIT:

Collingwood 18.5

Brisbane 16.4

Melbourne 15.6

Eagles 33.8 (I was more inaccurate that game with 35.12)
I haven't uploaded many other scoreboard screenshots here (well not from yesterdays matches), I'll check them out and update this post.

I never said it doesn't happen, it just has not been in every single game. In fact there were quite a few games where I had more behinds than the AI did (the set shot meter hits red before I have a chance to stop it most of the time).

Last edited:
so far i've played this a handful of times which is more than any other afl game - one thing for me that is glaringly missing (unless it's an option) is selecting heads/tails of the coin toss- why is it automated??

so far i've played this a handful of times which is more than any other afl game - one thing for me that is glaringly missing (unless it's an option) is selecting heads/tails of the coin toss- why is it automated??

Who cares? Being able to choose heads or tails doesn't change the chance of winning.

ive got a couple of constructive criticisms mainly regarding coach career and simulations:
- there should be less draws for simulated games in career mode. I played one season where I counted 17 draws.
- some scores when you simulate games are remarkably small. eg. i played one game where i lost 107-115, and then the next week I won 24-17.
- wonder if it would be possible if a bit like 2K where using the fanhub we could create our own draft classes to import into our save?
- not sure if anyone else is having this trouble but my auto interchange never works, and my bench players never get on the field.
- when playing matches I think it would be good if there was a 7.5 minute option, as I find 10 minute quarters have a bit too high scoring in my experience, but 5 minute quarters are too low scoring.
Anyways, not having a dig at the game, just feel like these are a few minor issues that shouldnt be too hard to fix!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpiring is beyond a joke and makes the game unplayable at times
Ball is allergic to the ground
More diving marks in one game than there is in a whole AFL season
Marking system is ridiculously s**t
AI bumps and it's fine, you do one and it's a free kick
Players have to torp it to kick 50m
All luck when you kick a running drop punt for goal, can even miss from 15m out under no pressure

All in all it's got solid foundations, but you seriously question how this game was released. It's as if someone from Bangladesh watched a JLT game and decided to make a video game. The mistakes that have been made are just commonsense and it's not a financial problem, it's Wicked Witches own stupidity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back