AFL AFL Futures 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone understand the rising star I feel if it was done in a correct voting method the odds wouldn't be that high for Newcombe
Honestly mate, I have given up trying to understand that award... I would've won a small fortune if Newcombe had've taken it out but it is what it is I suppose. I still legitimately reckon he has put in the best season and I will honestly take that to my grave 😂

Brisbane shortened in the market so no they didn't. It's It's massive overreaction from one round of football especially with their most important player under an injury cloud

It's not one round of football though. Lions have a terrible finals track record, no leaders and crumble under any sign of pressure.

Rayner who saved them against the Saints also suspended.

I was hoping to get a price on Richmond, bookies too smart.

It's not one round of football though. Lions have a terrible finals track record, no leaders and crumble under any sign of pressure.

Rayner who saved them against the Saints also suspended.

I was hoping to get a price on Richmond, bookies too smart.

It is one round of football when 3 days ago the market had the Lions favourites vs Melbourne at the same venue. The market now rates Richmond as a better team than Melbourne were heading into that match with the possibility of Lynch not playing.

Brisbane will be comfortably knocked out in the Semis but at home they're an easy bet for me here

Honestly mate, I have given up trying to understand that award... I would've won a small fortune if Newcombe had've taken it out but it is what it is I suppose. I still legitimately reckon he has put in the best season and I will honestly take that to my grave 😂
Totally agree media?

It is one round of football when 3 days ago the market had the Lions favourites vs Melbourne at the same venue. The market now rates Richmond as a better team than Melbourne were heading into that match with the possibility of Lynch not playing.

Brisbane will be comfortably knocked out in the Semis but at home they're an easy bet for me here
Tigers have the better %, lost 3 more 1 score games, have a better record against the top 8, and have been hit by injuries. They're realistically probably the 3rd or 4th best team compared to Brisbane who is about 7th or 8th

Last edited:
I think playing at the GABBA wont be of any fear for the Tigers.

Yes Brisbane should start favourites, but anything i wouldnt say Brisbane are greater than a 55% chance of winning without any confidence.

In the year 2020 when Richmond won the flag, if i stand to be corrected they had a winning run of playing games in QLD .......so its probably the one state they dont fear travelling as much compared to other states.

i didnt watch Richmond on the weekend but you have to admit maybe their run home might work against them. It was one of the easier run homes for a Top 8 Side:

Brisbane (Home)
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn
Essendon

If there is one thing that the Tigers may lack, its that finals like intensity coming up against Brisbane. The Carlton v Collingwood game today was a totally different intensity to any other game this season.

Brisbane get that additional day rest as well, and I feel like right now, the week off will favour Brisbane more than it does Richmond. Momentum is a funny thing. Had the game be played this week , probably Richmond start favourites.

Cats/Dockers exacta odds be interesting if anyone has a market. Both will get to play the weakest top 4 team in years to make a Prelim
Would a price of 20-24 attract your interest ? I did a basic calc with all favourites winning on Finals Week 1.

If the Cats have to face Richmond in a prelim closer to around 26-27 for a Freo-Geelong Exacta? Im just basing that on Richmond having more of an advantage at the MCG than the Swans do in a prelim.

I think after the Dogs winning in 2016, there isnt that much of an advantage now, with having the week off/going directly through a prelim as there was say in the 90's or early 2000's.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It shouldn't be too long before Most Goals and Most Disposals markets are up for the finals.

Without seeing the odds, I'd potentially be keen on Oliver, Mills or Guthrie for most disposals. As a real smokey, Rowbottom could be a real dark horse if you're after someone at long odds. He's getting better with every game and importantly he's getting plenty of CBAs with Kennedy out of the side.

For most goals, Cameron and Hawkins will be favourite, and rightly so. Fritsch, Franklin and Heeney could be worth a go if the odds are right.

Still looking for Jordan Dawson in that AA squad. Must be in there somewhere….

It shouldn't be too long before Most Goals and Most Disposals markets are up for the finals.

Without seeing the odds, I'd potentially be keen on Oliver, Mills or Guthrie for most disposals. As a real smokey, Rowbottom could be a real dark horse if you're after someone at long odds. He's getting better with every game and importantly he's getting plenty of CBAs with Kennedy out of the side.

For most goals, Cameron and Hawkins will be favourite, and rightly so. Fritsch, Franklin and Heeney could be worth a go if the odds are right.

Assume Melbourne the most likely team to play 4 games (i.e. lose a QF and still make it to the GF)?

like dusty and shai bolton for gary ayres at the price cause i think they can make the final and play 4 games, also lynch most goals for same reason

also oliver for gary ayres cause it's oliver
Went Pickett and Bolton for goals, Pickett in good form, Bolton good odds

Only Cameron for Gary Ayres. Surprised two Sydney players in 3rd and 4th line of betting.

Was Jayden Short 81 for most possies? Changed to 51?

Dont mind the 3+ Goals in every Quarter for every game. Happened last in 2015 and 2011. Thats paying $8 at TAB - What are the Odds? Not too sure
what a fair price is. Ive taken a bit of it just for some interest.

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 11.23.35 am.png

Cant see 4+ goals every, think that might be a stretch to far. Thats paying $81.

Feel like the teams left will look to attack more than defend and you need 36 quarters consecutively for it to role in. The game which I probably have a bit of concern on goals is the game over in Perth but the teams left I think will play an attacking brand to cover the goals lines in a quarter.

Neale worth a play for most disposals in the finals @ 11 at 365. Has 38 already, had 37 against Sydney last time and beat them. If they can get to 3 games he’ll give it a shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back