News AFL integrity investigating phone use by JDG & Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not going to bother and watch the replay but did they use the phones or simple take the phones from the charger to put in their footy kits. OMG.

Yes, but the players should also know the rules. Its not primary school.
But it IS “primary school”!
AFL players are coddled from the time they show promise at junior level.
When drafted they enter a world where they are king. From the club, who tells the where to be, what to do, what to eat, to the businesses who throw freebies at them, to the magistrates that go lightly on their indiscretions, they are treated just like kids.
They are so used to not having to abide by the same rules as ordinary citizens that they have to have constant oversight.

And in other news, this just in, "Man wears hat!" you heard that right, "Man wears hat" significantly, eye witnesses are saying, he placed it upon his head. More to follow.

Yep, so Jordy really is just being a flog. Howe is usually pretty low key so let him off with a warning.

The more time that passes the more I’m keen to trade him. Come the end of his contract, I would give him an offer of about 400k and I’d say sign it or F Off. He’s not worth anymore based on his output.Unlucky with injury, but more ‘unlucky’ with the off field scrutiny he places on himself. As I’ve said before , the rat pack at least performed week in week out. We might still be able to get something for Jordy at this point.
His ideal position is as a semi key forward, playing him as a mid isn't helping his output IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His ideal position is as a semi key forward, playing him as a mid isn't helping his output IMO.
I think you’re right, when things aren’t working, simplifying the task is a good way to build form or confidence. Having one role rather than being thrown around might be a good way to get some output from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back